Subject: draft-ietf-drums-smtpupd-06.txt: TURN

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:54:52 -0800

Some sortof braincell malfunction caused me to send this to the
incorrect mailing list, so I'm resending it to DRUMS.  Sorry if you've
seen this twice.

-Dan Wing

Subject: draft-ietf-drums-smtpupd-06.txt
From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 15:33:01 -0800

draft-ietf-drums-smtpupd-06.txt, Appendix I reads:

% (1) TURN
%  
% This command, described in RFC 821, raises important security issues
% (described in RFC 1123).  Its use is deprecated; SMTP systems SHOULD
% NOT use it unless the server can authenticate the client.

I couldn't find the reference to TURN in RFC1123.

-Dan Wing