Subject: Re: In-Reply-To

From: Maurizio Codogno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:40:37 +0100 (MET)

Pete:

:822 allows *(phrase/msg-id) in both In-Reply-To and References. 822bis 
:allows References to have 1*msg-id (removing phrase and requiring at least 
:one), but only allows a single msg-id in In-Reply-To. Any objections to my 
:making In-Reply-To identical to References? 

What happens if I reply in a single message to two different messages
<[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]> and set correspondingly In-Reply-To: 
to both messages? I think that there should at least be some note 
for implementations, eg "if more than one M-Id is present in the 
header, implementation MAY choose to consider just the last one"
or something like that.

.mau.

---

From: [email-masked] (Claus André Färber)
Date: 06 Nov 1998 17:23:00 +0100

Maurizio Codogno <[email-masked]> schrieb:
> to both messages?

This is a perfect case for the See-Also header used in Usenet (which  
Drums doesn't want to add because it would represent new functionality).

--
Claus Andre Faerber <http://www.muc.de/~cfaerber/> Fax: +49_8061_3361
PGP: ID=1024/527CADCD FP=12 20 49 F3 E1 04 9E 9E  25 56 69 A5 C6 A0 C9 DC