Subject: Delivery/Read norification discussion

From: Claudio Allocchio +39 040 3758523 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:17:50 +0100

Hallo,

As I said after your presentation at the TNNC 99 Conference in Lund
( http://video.ldc.lu.se/terena_prog.htm#wed  - session 9A3 ), the problem
of confirmation and delivery notification was already debated for a very 
long time within the e-mail community and lately within the IETF FAX WG.

IMHO the kind of delivery notification you're proposing within the 
"Registered Electronic Mail" service from the Royal Mail does not delivery
(and cannot deliver) the kind of certification you're proposing (and does
not also follows a standard method).

You can review at least a section of our discussion on the IETF FAX WG at
http://www.imc.org/ietf-fax/  and the documents (in particular the
draft-ietf-fax-mdn-fullmode) themselves.

I CC the IETF FAX WG mailing list and the DRUMS WG mailing list where you 
can get for sure further comments and suggestions.

I hope this can help...

Regards,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio                          [email-masked]

tel: +39 040 3758523                       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio; O=elettra;
fax: +39 040 3758565                       P=Trieste; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://security.fi.infn.it/cgi-bin/spgpk.pl