Subject: SMTP draft issues (5)

From: DRUMS WG Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:32:01 -0700

The following issues to have achieved rough concensus:

"RSET scope issue" (delete troublesome sentence)
"smtpupd-12: <SP> optional in replies?" (Eric Allman's proposed text)
"smtpupd-12: Four letter command verbs" (delete "four letter" from sec 2.4)
"smtpupd-12: MAIL resets state tables and buffers" (John Beck's proposed 
text)
"suggested revision for MUST/SHOULD"
     (use 2119 defs minus sec 6, language review by Paul Hoffman pending)

There is one remaining open issue on the smtpupd draft:

"Negotiated noncompliance"

there is evidence of significant support, but a lack of rough concensus on 
specific text.  Given how late we are, I'd prefer we proceed with 
publication of smtpupd-13 with best possible speed and only include text on 
this issue if rough concensus becomes clear before smtpupd-13 is ready.  If 
you think smtpupd-13 should be held up until we have closure on this issue 
(either on specific text or as a rathole), send a reply to this message 
stating so.

		- DRUMS WG Chair