Subject: SMTP draft issues (4)

From: DRUMS WG Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:15:52 -0700

I am tracking the following issues (in reverse time order):

"Negotiated noncompliance"
	Unless 3 additional people express support, debate is closed

"RSET scope issue"
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposal if no objections by
	2000-08-24

"smtpupd-12: <SP> optional in replies?"
	(Eric Allman's proposed text)
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposed change if no objections
	by 2000-08-21.

"smtpupd-12: Four letter command verbs"
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposal to delete words
	"four letter" from section 2.4 if no objections by 2000-08-21.

"smtpupd-12: MAIL resets state tables and buffers"
	(John Beck's proposed text)
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposed change if no objections
	by 2000-08-21.

"Conflict between X.1.9(iv) and literal interpretation of draft-12"
	Unless 2 additional people express support, debate is closed

"suggested revision for MUST/SHOULD"
	Rough concensus reached, document revision in progress.

		- DRUMS WG Chair

---

From: DRUMS WG Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:22:49 -0700

>	 Unless 3 additional people express support, debate is closed

Sorry, I didn't notice I was in disconnected mode when I wrote that. 
Revised Status:

"Negotiated noncompliance"
	Debate is open, but rough concensus lacking on initial proposed text
	If we don't have signs of rough concensus around new text by
	2000-08-24, issue will be ruled a rathole.

		- DRUMS WG Chair