Subject: SMTP draft issues (3)

From: DRUMS WG Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:58:20 -0700

I am tracking the following issues:

"suggested revision for MUST/SHOULD"
	Rough concensus reached.

"2nd suggested revision for MUST/SHOULD"
	See previous issue.

"Conflict between X.1.9(iv) and literal interpretation of draft-12"
	Unless 2 additional people express support, debate is closed

"smtpupd-12: MAIL resets state tables and buffers"
	(John Beck's proposed text)
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposed change if no objections
	by 2000-08-21.

"smtpupd-12: Four letter command verbs"
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposal to delete words
	"four letter" from section 2.4 if no objections by 2000-08-21.

"smtpupd-12: <SP> optional in replies?"
	(Eric Allman's proposed text)
	Debate is open.  Rough concensus on proposed change if no objections
	by 2000-08-21.

"RSET scope issue"
	Unless 1 additional person expresses support, debate is closed.

The following thread proposes typo/editorial fixes which I presume are 
non-controversial.  Editor will apply fixes at his discretion (since we're 
late, I want him to avoid editorial changes which might delay the document).
	"Minor edits for smtpupd-12"

The following threads do not suggest a proposed text change and thus are 
not currently open for debate:
	"not conformity"
	"smtpupd-12: Order of commands"
	"non-english bounce"

		- DRUMS WG Chair