Subject: Jumping the gun, but...

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:23:40 -0700

... RFC 2821 and RFC2822 showed up in the RFC Editor's directory last 
night. They haven't been announced on the IETF-Announce list yet, but 
they seem as real as they will ever be.
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2821.txt
ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc2822.txt

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:07:04 -0400

and for those of you who are so unfortunate as to be saddled with Windows 
and unable to properly print plain text with formfeeds:

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/RFC-PDF/rfc2821.pdf
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/RFC-PDF/rfc2822.pdf

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 09:23:40 -0700
> To: [email-masked]
> From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Jumping the gun, but...
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"
> List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=unsubscribe>
>

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:40:00 -0700

long-fought, hard-won, but congrats, folks.

d/

At 09:23 AM 4/24/2001, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
>night. They haven't been announced on the IETF-Announce list yet, but they 
>seem as real as they will ever be.

----------
Dave Crocker   <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:42:42 -0400

>long-fought, hard-won, but congrats, folks.

The announcements are now out.
Congratulations, folks!!!!!!!! It's done!!!!!!

(btw, the release was mentioned on Slashdot, with predictable effects on 
the ISI FTP server. I guess some of the RFC Editor's funding might want to 
go into a better server.....)