Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:51:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Directory Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internet Nomenclator Project
	Author(s)	: J. Ordille
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 04-Nov-97
	
    The goal of the Internet Nomenclator Project is to integrate the
    hundreds of publicly available CCSO servers from around the world.
    Each CCSO server has a database schema that is tailored to the needs
    of the organization that owns it.  The project is integrating the
    different database schema into one query service.  The Internet
    Nomenclator Project will provide fast cross-server searches for
    locating people on the Internet.  It augments existing CCSO services
    by supplying schema integration, more extensive indexing, and two
    kinds of caching -- all this in a system that scales as the number
    of CCSO servers grows.  One of the best things about the system is
    that administrators can incorporate their CCSO servers into
    Nomenclator without changing the servers. All Nomenclator needs is
    basic information about the server.
 
    This document provides an overview of the Nomenclator system,
    describes how to register a CCSO server in the Internet Nomenclator
    Project, and how to use the Nomenclator search engine to find people         
    on the Internet.
 
    Distribution of this document is unlimited.  Comments should be sent
    to the author.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.