Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 10:08:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Directory Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Nomenclator Query Protocol (SNQP)
	Author(s)	: J. Ordille, J. Elliott
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 04-Nov-97
	
   The Simple Nomenclator Query Protocol (SNQP) allows a client to
   communicate with a descriptive name service or other relational-style
   query service.  The protocol is useful to services that search many
   data repositories for query responses.  Clients can pose queries on
   relations, list descriptions of relations, and obtain advice on
   reducing the search time and cost of their queries.  Clients are
   informed of the age of information in caches, and may request more
   recent information.  SNQP provides support for graphical user
   interfaces.  It also supports different types of comparison
   operators, so services can use SNQP with a variety of back-end
   servers, e.g. relational database servers, CCSO servers, and servers
   providing relational views of X.500.
 
   SNQP is an ASCII protocol in the request-reply style of SMTP.  It was
   specifically designed for use with the Nomenclator name and
   information service, and has been useful elsewhere.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.