Subject: ETT Call For Paper

From: "Matteo D'Ambrosio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:38:55 +0000

Please feel free to circulate the CFP to interested colleagues. 
Apologies if you receive multiple copies.

Thanks and regards,

Matteo D'Ambrosio

-------------------------------------------------------------------

			CALL FOR PAPERS

	 European Transactions on Telecommunications (ETT)

			Special Issue on

	ARCHITECTURES, PROTOCOLS AND QUALITY OF SERVICE
		FOR THE INTERNET OF THE FUTURE

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent advances in switching and transmission technologies allow the 
implementation of very high speed networks that are changing the face 
of the Internet. In the next Telecommunication Age it will be possible 
to support new multimedia applications in a global environment and 
design new services on flexible platforms without upgrading the physical 
infrastructure. In order to reach these goals many researchers are working
on defining the new Network Architecture, which will be capable of 
offering transport and computation services to communication applications 
with stringent Quality of Service (QoS) requirements. New protocols and 
node implementations have to be envisioned with this objective in mind. 
The ETT Journal announces a forthcoming issue on "Architectures, Protocols
and Quality of Service for the Internet of the Future", that will be 
focused on (but not limited to) the following topics:

- New node architectures for Switching and Routing at Gigabit Speeds
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS): design principles, 
  network architecture and performance
- Internetworking with ATM and High Speed Networks to offer QoS guarantees
- Multimedia Services running on Heterogeneous Networks
- Network and Transport Protocols in the Integrated Services Internet
- QoS provision, multicast support and policy capabilities in Routing and 
  Signalling Protocols
- Differentiated Services Architectures
- Open Control Architectures and Active Networks

Prospective authors should email their manuscripts (PostScript format) 
or send five (5) hard copies to one of the Guest Editors listed below. 
The following deadlines will apply:

- Submission of manuscripts				June 30, 1998
- Notification of acceptance				November 15, 1998
- Submission of final manuscript			December 15, 1998
- Publication Date					March-April, 1999

				Guest Editors

	Matteo D’Ambrosio			Mohammed Atiquzzaman
	Networking Department			Department of Electrical &
	CSELT					Computer Engineering
	v. Reiss Romoli 274			University of Dayton
	10148 Torino				Dayton, Ohio 45469-0226
	Italy					USA
	phone: +39 11 2285006			phone: +1 937 229-3183
	fax: +39 11 2285069			fax: +1 937 229-4529
	e-mail: [email-masked] 	e-mail: [email-masked]

Note: if a paper is not accepted for the special issue, it will be considered 
for publication in one of the regular issues of ETT.