Subject: RE: Network "edge"

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:27:28 -0500

Right.  The minimal requirement is that packets be marked before they reach
core routers.  I expect that end systems will mark packets, originating
edge routers will also mark them, and that they will be re-marked by any
transit edge router which feels like it has something to protect.  Ideally
traffic should also be policed/shaped before it hits core routers as well,
but that's not completely necessary.

...Scott
--
Scott Brim          <[email-masked]>          +1.607.273.5472

---

From: Tiziana Ferrari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 11:06:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,
at the last IETF in Washington John Wroclawski suggested to have a meeting
in February. Has the date already been fixed?
Thanks,
Tiziana

****************************************************************************
     Tiziana Ferrari	|  Italian National Inst. for Nuclear Physics / CNAF
 University of Bologna  |  v.le Berti Pichat 6/2, 40127 BOLOGNA, ITALY
     and  INFN/CNAF	|  tel: +39.51.6092.759  fax:+39.51.6092.746
			|  http://www.cnaf.infn.it/ferrari
****************************************************************************