Subject: CFP: Speciall Issue on Middleware

From: Wei Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 13:11:39 -0500 (CDT)

Call for Papers    ~    Call for Papers    ~    Call for Papers
   
     The International Journal of Time-Critical Computing Systems
                            Editors-in-Chief:  
        John A. Stankovic, Wolfgang A. Halang and Kim-Fung Man
     
                     Special Issue on Real-Time Middleware
     			  Guest Editor: Wei Zhao

Middleware plays an increasingly important role in current and future 
computing systems for mission critical applications. As the field of 
real-time systems matures, established software architectures and 
frameworks begin to replace ad-hoc approaches for programming such systems. 
On the other hand, users start expressing the wish for standardization of 
programming environments. Attempts are also being made by the 
telecommunication community to extend environments for real-time service 
creation in communication systems from the communication layer to the 
end-hosts.
     
The special issue focuses on all aspects of real-time middleware. 
Particularly welcome would be reports on experimental work and papers 
addressing current and future standardization efforts.  Topics of 
submissions include but are not limited to:
     
     * timing issues in design and implementation of middleware
     * use of middleware for real-time applications
     * real-time CORBA and friends
     * generic control, management and service APIs 
     * frameworks for secure real-time systems
     * middleware support for real-time Java
     
All manuscripts are subject to review.  Authors are invited to submit 
high-quality innovative research contributions that will not require major 
revisions. The paper should conform to the usual submission requirements of 
REAL-TIME SYSTEMS (see below).  To be considered for publication in this 
special issue, please submit six copies of the complete paper no later than 
July 31, 1998 to the Guest Editor:
     
     Professor Wei Zhao
     Department of Computer Science
     H.R. Bright Building
     Texas A&M University
     College Station, TX 77843-3112
     Tel: +1 (409) 845-3535
     Email: [email-masked]
     
Important Dates:   Paper submission deadline:      July 31, 1998
                   Notification of acceptance:     November 30, 1998
                   Final manuscript due    :       January 10, 1999

Prospective authors are encouraged to make use of Kluwer's LaTeX journal 
style file.  For detailed guidelines, please refer to the Information for 
Authors which are published regularly in the back of the Journal. They may 
also be obtained by referring to Kluwer Academic Publishers' homepage 
http://www.wkap.nl or by contacting  Melissa Fearon at Kluwer Academic 
Publishers, 101 Philip Drive, Assinippi Park, Norwell, MA 02061, Tel: 
781-871-6600, Fax: 781- 871-7507, Email: <[email-masked]>.
     
     REAL-TIME SYSTEMS is a premier, top-quality,  peer reviewed, archival 
     journal publishing both research papers and reports on case studies.  It is 
     published in six issues annually with worldwide distribution to engineers, 
     researchers, educators and libraries.  Readers interested in subscribing to 
     this journal should contact Kluwer Academic Publishers, Journals 
     Department, P.O. Box 358, Accord Station, Hingham, MA 02018-0358, USA, Tel: 
     781-871-6600, Fax: 781-871-6528, Email: [email-masked].