Subject: IEEE Communications Magazine: Call for Papers

From: Khaled Elsayed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 11:53:20 +0300

Call for Papers 
                       IEEE Communications Magazine
                         Internet Technology Series
			   Series Editors 
                   Laurent Toutain (ENST Bretagne) 
                                  and
                   Khaled Elsayed (Cairo University)

The IEEE Communications Magazine invites contributions from authors 
with academic and industrial affiliation for the Internet Technology 
Series. The Focus of the Internet Technology Series is to bring the 
latest advances in state of the art techniques in the Internet to the 
large readers group of the Communications Magazine. Preference will be
given to papers addressing technical issues that are encountered in 
implementing current or future Internet products or solutions.

We are currently looking for articles in the following areas:
- Web Caching (centralized and distributed)
- Internet Telephony, VoIP, SS7 Gateways
- DiffServ Model and Implementations
- MPLS

Deadline for submission: August 1, 1999. 
=======================
The coming issue of the Internet Technology Series is scheduled for 
January 2000 (an extremely attractive date, isn't it?). In order for 
us and the editorial office to process the review process and 
afterwards the accepted papers, you must submit your paper by the 
above deadline. However, we will continue to process papers all year 
round for forthcoming issues.

Article Style Information
=========================
Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a style
comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article.

Articles may be edited for content, and will be copyedited for
compliance with the magazine's style guidelines. Page proofs will be
sent to the contact author for final review prior to publication.

Mathematical equations should not be used unless they are vital to the
presentation. Even then, they should be kept to a minimum. If the
article has numerous equations, please contact the editor handling the
manuscript.

References should be included only to guide readers to more information
on the topic; the reference list should not include every available
source (a limit of ten references is recommended). Use footnotes only 
where necessary.  

Articles should not exceed 4500 words. 

Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of six. If the
article exceeds these recommended limits, please contact the editor
handling the manuscript.

Also check:
http://207.127.135.8/ci1 (author guidelines)
and
http://207.127.135.8/ci1/public/1998/may/cimess.html

Since this is an Internet related series, we would like to handle 
all the submissions and the reviewing process via the Internet. Please
send your submission in postscript or PDF (acrobat) format to the 
series editors. 

Khaled Elsayed: [email-masked]

Laurent Toutain: [email-masked]