Subject: Link-sharing vs Admission Control

From: Maria Elena Villapol <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:27:01 +0930

Hi everybody,

I just started to read about Link-sharing. I have some questions.

It is not clear for me the relationship between admission control and
link-sharing.  Is the admission control decision  based on link-sharing
allocation ?. For example, if  30% of the bandwidth is allocated for
real-time traffic using any link-sharing mechanism, it means that when
some bandwidth is requested for a real-time traffic , eg using RSVP,
admission control has to look at the amount of bandwidth allocated
already, ie 30% of the bandwidth, and take a decision based on this
amount?

Ii it really useful use a link-sharing mechanism for guaranteed service?

I would appreciate any answer to the questions.

ragards,

Maria

--
Maria Elena Villapol
PhD Student
Institute for Telecommunications Research
University of South Australia

email: [email-masked]
       [email-masked]

Web Page: http://www.itr.unisa.edu.au/~maria/index.htm