Subject: Returned mail: User unknown

From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:34:20 -0600 (CST)

The original message was received at Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:34:19 -0600 (CST)
from [email-masked] [167.76.56.33]

   ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications -----
<[email-masked]>  (unrecoverable error)

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to nismaster.development.nyc.bridge.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:13:48 +0100 (MET)

The original message was received at Fri, 12 Mar 1999 08:13:38 +0100 (MET)
from [email-masked] [140.93.0.15]

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email-masked]>

   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to isis.u-strasbg.fr.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email-masked]>
<<< 550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown
550 <[email-masked]>... User unknown

Subject: Call For Papers IEEE Network Magazine
From: Bulent Yener <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Bulent Yener <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 99 10:13:40 +0570

Please excuse me if you receive multiple copies of this announcement
and/or if you shouldn't have received it at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Call For Papers 
             
               IEEE Network Magazine

             Special Issue on Network Security

      Guest Editors:

  Bulent Yener                                Patrick Dowd 
  Bell Labs, Lucent                           Laboratory for
  Technologies                                Telecommunications
  Murray Hill, NJ 07974                       Sciences
  Tel: +1 908 582 7087                        United States Department
  Fax: +1 908 582 1239                        of Defense
  Email: [email-masked]         Ft. Meade MD 20755-6512
                                              Tel: +1 301 688 0347
                                              Fax: +1 301 688 0588 
                                              Email: [email-masked] 

       Scope: 

  Network and Internet security has become a  crucial requirement for both
users and service providers. The Internet is a commercial infrastructure
where sensitive and confidential personal and business data are carried
over public networks. Although security is often treated as an
after-thought, this attitude is changing. Security within an application
needs to be considered as a fundamental element of the application,
treated analogously to Quality of Service (QoS) considerations.
 Security is often viewed as a one-size-fits-all paradigm, but this is
difficult to sustain due to the eclectic collection of communications
mediums that compose the Internet infrastructure. The danger of a
cookie-cutter strategy is that security will contend with performance
since it is not suited to the environment. As the QoS
requirements of applications and the physical layer properties
internetworking become more diverse, agile but robust  and consistent
security solutions are needed. This is difficult, since custom solutions
typically have difficulty surviving in a mass market, yet flexibility is
needed for security use to become ubiquitous. 
 
 We are interested in tutorial-oriented research papers that describe real 
services, software systems and experiments. Work-in-progress papers
describing the state of on-going research projects in Internet security
are encouraged. Research papers should demonstrate the feasibility of the
approach and describe the state of realization. Case studies and applied
papers should discuss the key factors that made  the system work and
should also mention the pitfalls and problems encountered and how they may
be overcome.

     Topics of interest include:

                      Intrusion detection 
                      Authentication 
                      Mobile code and agent security 
                      Privacy and anonymity 
                      Key management 
                      Access control and Firewalls 
                      Wireless, mobile network security 
                      Secure multicasting 
                      Data integrity 
                      Security verification 
                      Security protocols 
                      Policy modeling 
                      Commercial security 
                      Electronic commerce 
                      Security management 

If you are unsure if your work falls within the scope of this special
issue, please send an abstract to one of the guest editors. We would be
happy to review  it and provide feedback.

                       Manuscript Submission

 This special issue will only consider electronic submissions in the
format of postscript, PDF, or MS WORD. To submit a paper for
consideration, authors  should 
1.Send your paper to one of the guest editors via email. The paper should
be included as an email attachment, or the author may provide a URL where
the file can be downloaded. 
2.Indicate which author is to serve as the primary correspondence contact. 
3.Provide a contact list for all of the other authors. Please list
affiliations, mailing addresses, phone/fax numbers, and email addresses. 

We will provide an acknowledgement of receipt of the paper within 24 hours
of submission. 

                     Schedule:

                     Paper Submission Deadline: June 1, 1999
                     Feedback to Authors: August 1, 1999
                     Final Manuscripts to Publisher: September 1, 1999
                     Publication of Special Issue: Nov/Dec 1999

_____________________________________________________ 
Bulent Yener
Information Sciences Research Center
Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies
600 Mountain Avenue,  Room 2T-314
Murray Hill, NJ 07974

email: [email-masked]
phone: (908) 582 7087
fax:   (908) 582 1239
_____________________________________________________