Subject: RE: draft-ietf-ippcp-lzs-02.txt

From: Roy Pereira <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:05:11 -0500

I have comments.

I don't like the idea of placing the protocol header in this document.
There has to be a clear abstraction between the two levels of documents.
 We have already learned this in IPSec.  Thus I would like to see
section 2.3 disapear or be changed to indicate what goes inside the
Payload Data field. (ie. compressed data).

I would also like to see some limits on when compression should be sued
and not be used.  
     "When using LZS don't compress under 300 bytes or over 1.5 Mb"

On Thursday, November 20, 1997 8:15 PM, Robert Friend
[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> 
> I'm reading ietf mail getting itchy fingers.  I haven't received any
> comments on the -02 draft other than Avrum saying it "looks good".  If I
> don't get any more comments by tommorrow morning eastern time, I'll send
> this draft to "Internet-Drafts" tommorrow morning pacific time.
> 
> Thanks,
> _____________________________________________________________
> 
> Robert C. Friend              Hi/fn
> Applications Engineering      5973 Avenida Encinas, Suite 110
> voice: (760) 827-4542         Carlsbad, CA 92008
> FAX:   (760) 827-4577         email: [email-masked]
>