Subject: changes in draft-ietf-ippcp-protocol-05.txt

From: Avram Shacham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:39:21 -0800

Following the IESG last call and the comments by IANA and Thomas Narten, I
submitted version 05 of the IPComp I-D.  The editorial changes in this
version are attached.

Regards,
avram

=== changes to draft-ietf-ippcp-protocol-05.txt ===

1. Introduction

In the last paragraph, a new sentence clarifies that the compression
algorithms are beyond the scope of the I-D:

   Other documents shall specify how a specific compression algorithm
   can be used with the IP payload compression protocol.  Such
   algorithms are beyond the scope of this document.      ^^^^
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3.3.  IPComp Header Structure

The reference to the DOI values is worded as requested by IANA:

   Compression Parameter Index (CPI)

        16-bit index.  The CPI is stored in network order.  The values
        0-63 define well-known compression algorithms, which require no
        additional information, and are used for manual setup.  The
        values themselves are identical to IPCOMP Transform identifiers
        as defined in [SECDOI].  Consult [SECDOI] for an initial set of
        defined values and for instructions on how to assign new values.