Subject: IPP> MOD - A reference to number-up '0' needs to be removed

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:58:02 PST

When we agreed to remove the '0' value for "number-up" to turn off
embellishments, there was a reference to this value that we didn't catch.

On page section 15.4.2 Validate "ipp-attribute-fidelity" if not supplied
line 4954, there is the mention of the '0' value that should be deleted:

The entire paragraph is:

If some Job Template attributes are supported for some document formats and
not for others or the values are different for different document formats,
the IPP object SHOULD take that into account in this validation using the
value of the "document-format" supplied by the client (or defaulted to the
value of the Printer's "document-format-default" attribute, if not supplied
by the client).  For example, if "number-up" is supported for the
'text/plain' document format, but not for the 'application/postscript'
document format, or if only the '0' (none) value is supported for
'application/postscript', the check SHOULD (though it NEED NOT) depend on
the value of the "document-format" operation attribute.  See
"document-format" in section 3.2.1.1.

Fixes:

1. Just delete the phrase:

, or if only the '0' (none) value is supported for 'application/postscript',

2. While we are at it, the reference to "document-format" that is in 
section 3.2.1.1 Print-Job Request which does not have the explanation 
about the validation depending on the document format.  Its the 
"document-format" description in section 3.2.5.1 Get-Printer-Attributes
Request that has that explanation.  So add " and 3.2.5.1" to the end of the
above paragraph.