Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Schedule for Monterey Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:47:35 -0400

The schedule for Wednesday and Thursday in Monterey may be altered "on the
fly" due to the recent increase in activity on IPP.  For those not on the
IPP list, the IPP group has finally received comments and issues back from
the IESG.  These issues must be resolved ASAP and this obviously has higher
priority than future work such as Notifications and SDP.

Be prepared, be forewarned!!

Don

------------------

Here is the tentative schedule for the Monterey meetings.  Note that we
will only have 1.5 days for 1394 printing this time in order to try and
have a strong kick-off for the Universal Printer Driver work.  We will have
to make a determination as to how we schedule this work in the long term
but it has suffered with several exploratory evening meetings which have
varied in interest.  Paul Moore from Microsoft will be at the Tuesday UPD
meeting and with Sandra Matts from HP as chair, I hope we will be able to
move this effort forward.

Monday, July 6
                 8:30 - 6:00     1394 Printing
Tuesday, July 7
                 8:30 - Noon     1394 Printing
                 1:00 - 6:00     UPD (Universal Printer Driver)
Wednesday, July 8
                 8:30 - 11:00    PWG Plenary Session
                11:00 - 6:00     IPP
Thursday, July 9
                 8:30 - 6:00     IPP Notification
                                 SDP (Server-Device Protocol)
Friday, July 10
                 8:30 - 3:00     MIBs (Finisher, Traps, etc.)

In the future, I expect the MIB work to move to an evening sessions and the
UPD work to move to Fridays which will return the 1394 printing effort back
to 2 full days.  Plan accordingly!!

On the SDP front, I would like to find a separate chair to drive this
effort.  If you are looking for an opportunity to make a contribution to
the industry, please let me know.  Seeing these kind of efforts completed
and products shipping is a very fulfilling experience.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:45:07 -0400

Don - this is appropriate - THANK YOU!

I am willing to forgo discussion of Notifications and SDP (and ALL post v1
topics) in order to focus on  CLOSING v1 at Monterey! I think we should enter
Monterey with a FINAL list of issues... we should limit discussion of each
issue to a reasonable time period and be DECISIVE about each issue. We should
focus MAINLY on closing the nitty-gritty technical issues that actually affect
the specification, clarity etc. If we still have major controversy, such as web
and firewall philosophy, it should be allowed to rain no longer than 1 or 2
hours, then put to rest. There has been PLENTY of time to resolve these issues
via the reflector and it would be best if we had them resolved prior to the
meeting.

Interoperability testing and test results should be our secondary focus

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:45:07 -0400