Subject: IPP> Microsoft proposal

From: Roger K Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:06:44 -0500

Most of the mail that I have seen posted here seems to support
the groups consideration of the latest Microsoft proposal. Clearly,
we all want the best technical solution that still meets our original
goals of rapid deployment of IPP.  By the same token, I hope
that Microsoft plans to participate on a more regular basis in
IPP meetings, and that as we all stop dead in our tracks to
consider their proposal, that they will be willing to honestly and
fairly consider the pros and cons raised during any discussions
that take place on their proposal, and that they will abide by any
agreements that come out of the meeting in Maui.  I would consider
any other action on their part to be predatory and counter to the
spirit of the IETF standards process.

Roger K deBry
Senior Technical Staff Member
Architecture and Technology
IBM Printing Systems
email: [email-masked]
phone: 1-303-924-4080