Subject: IPP> Re:

From: Steve Gebert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:39:08 -0500

For interoperability testing, we were wondering if people were interested in
exchanging binary files
  corresponding to IPP Requests and Responses. The parties using these files
would simply need to
  construct a simple program to feed the file data into their server or client
and read data from their
  server or client into a file.

  These files could be sent as email attachments and for the near term help
with interoperability testing
   prior to people setting up machines outside filewalls. Perhaps we could even
catalog the files and
   make them available for download so that there would be a common test
baseline for early testing.

   We could make some example files available if there is any interest. What do
you think Peter?

Steve Gebert

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 17:33:24 PST

Sounds like a great idea to me.  It would also help those of us trying
to make the spec unambiguous to look at as well, if we could look at
sample requests and response binary files.

Tom