Subject: IPP> XML DTD and schema example

From: Josh Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:14:50 -0800

Another example XML DTD and schema..
comments to follow shortly

---
Josh Cohen <[email-masked]>
Program Manager - Internet Technologies

---

From: [email-masked] (Robert Herriot)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 21:21:58 -0800

I just read through your XML example and I wonder
why you don't use the "encoding" XML attribute in the
"<?XML" initial markup to specify the IPP encoding.

Also, why don't you use the "xml:lang" XML attribute for
the natural language.

Wouldn't these make better use of XML?

BTW I put my XML proposal at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PRO/ipp-xml-980123.doc  (Word 97)
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_PRO/ipp-xml-980123-6.doc  (Word 6)

---

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 14:07:49 PST

Hi Bob,

I agree that the initial '<?xml...' markup (for IPP)
should ALWAYS include the 'encoding' and 'lang' attributes.

Bob, could you possibly post your XML proposal in flat text?
Or could somebody else do so?  I can't really view Word 6
very well (MS free viewer is what you would expect from
free software that didn't come from GNU) and I can't print it.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (High North, outside consultant at Xerox)
  716-442-0609 (home in Rochester until April 1998)