Subject: PWG> Maui PWG Overview Minutes

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:48:42 -0500

In Maui, we had a session where each project Chair gave high level status and
other issues were introduced and discussed. I have posted the minutes for this
PWG meeting at

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/minutes/pwg-0198.PDF
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/minutes/pwg-0198.htm

Harry Lewis

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:13:39 -0500

Harry,

Part of your fine summary included this section on Sense:

  SENSE Notification Protocol

  No status. Jay Martin (SENSE Chair) not present. It is unfortunate
  that we were unable to schedule a SENSE discussion in Maui because
  IPP is interested in considering SENSE as notification scheme. IPP
  may also want to look at SNMPv3 (recently published RFCs). It was
  noted that there are many notification protocols available today
  that may need to be investigated. 

Would someone be so kind as to list the "many notification protocols
available today that may need to be investigated"?  I would be more
than happy to start investigated those alternatives if someone would
post them to the IPP list (or the Sense list, or whatever).

Thanks in advance.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:13:39 -0500

Harry,

Thanks in advance.

	...jay

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:37:23 PST

One more is that Carl-Uno says that the SMTP protocols use a notifiation
method between mail servers.  We could consider using one of them.

Tom

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:37:23 PST

Tom