Subject: IPP> MOD - Updated MIB Access paper posted, V0.3

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 01:45:36 PDT

Scott, Bob, Kris, and I finished the collaboration on the MIB access using
IPP.  We incorporated the agreements from last week's telecon.
We'd like to present it at the telecon today, 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT).
There are a few minor issues highlighted in yellow.

Its available at:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/ipp-mib-access-980505.pdf

Please use the last one for the telecon.

Here is the abstract:

                         IPP Device and MIB access
                               Version 0.03

                                 Abstract

This document introduces a new Device object into the IPP object model.  An
IPP Printer object may support one or more Device objects which each
represent a physical device as shown in the Internet Printing Protocol/1.0:
Model and Semantics specification.  This document provides read access to
such Device objects by defining a mapping from table entries in the Printer
MIB to new algorithmically generated attribute names.  New algorithmically
generated attribute group names allow convenient read-only access to any
row, any column, and any entire table in the Printer MIB, as well as the
entire Printer MIB.  A general algorithmically generated attribute name
provides access to any single SNMP object in any MIB.  These new attribute
names and attribute group names are supplied in the "requested-attributes"
Operation attribute of the current Get-Printer-Attributes operation.  A new
OPTIONAL "which-device" Operation attribute permits the requester to select
a particular device for the case where an IPP Printer object is supporting
more than one device.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 07:37:28 -0400

Posting a paper and sending notice very early on the day of the conference
call (3:45AM EDT) seems to me to be way to late to be included in
discussions.  While those of us on the east coast might have a little time
for review, clearly others have almost no time.  I think it would be
appropriate to delay discussion on this until next week.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Don Wright)
bcc:  Don Wright
Subject:  IPP> MOD - Updated MIB Access paper posted, V0.3

Here is the abstract:

---

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 07:26:08 -0700

Don,

You are right. Tom and I have already spoken about that. We will just have a
short introduction of the paper today, and leave the discussion for next week.

Carl-Uno