Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Election of Officers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 12:31:20 -0400

According to the PWG Process we are in the process of completing and
putting into place, officers for the PWG take office on September 1st of
this year with a 2 year term of office.  As such we must elect officers
(Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary) at the August meeting in Toronto.

The duties of these officers are described in the process document and are
summarized below.

__CHAIR__
The PWG Chair is responsible for organizing the overall agenda of the PWG,
creating working groups, appointing working group chairs, making local
arrangements for PWG meetings (this may be delegated as appropriate),
setting the high level PWG agenda, chairing the PWG plenary session, and
assisting working group chairs to accomplish their tasks.

__VICE CHAIR__
The Vice Chair?s responsibilities are to act in the absence of the chair
and provide assistance to the Chair in carrying out his or her role, as
required.

__SECRETARY__
The PWG Secretary has responsibility to record and distribute the minutes
of all PWG meetings.

Serving as an officer in an organization such as the PWG often provides
significant personal satisfaction and career enhancement.  If you are
interested in serving as one of the officers, please confirm with your
management and then let me know as soon as possible of your interest.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:20:57 -0400

I wasn't able to attend the Monterey meeting, so I'm not aware
of any discussions on the specifics of the officers' responsibilities,
however, this part seems a bit over-scope:

> __SECRETARY__
> The PWG Secretary has responsibility to record and distribute the
> minutes of all PWG meetings.

Due to the great number of projects and their associated meetings,
it is almost impossible for ONE person to be responsible for
recording the minutes of all such meetings.

The best we can hope for would be something like:

  __SECRETARY__
  The PWG Secretary has responsibility to ensure the recording and
  distribution the minutes of all PWG meetings.  For PWG projects,
  the Secretary ensures that all project secretaries record all
  meeting minutes and submits those minutes in a timely fashion.
  The Secretary would be responsible for the recording of minutes
  for any non-specific project meeting or general PWG meeting.

Just my $0.02 worth (speaking from experience as the first PWG
Secretary).

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------