Subject: IPP> ADM - Reminder about job openings and home work assignments

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:23:11 PDT

As we have cancelled the phone conference today, I wanted to give a
reminder about current job openings and home work assignments:

JOB OPENINGS

1) We still need a new permanent secretary for the IPP meetings and phone
conferences.

2) We are still looking for an editor to start collecting questions and
answers about IPP and to organize them for an Implementor's Guide document
as soon as the RFCs are out.

3) We are looking for an editor for the IPP Notification document. (see below)

HOME WORK ASSIGNMENTS

1) Write up a short informational I-D text describing what is mandatory to
implement in an IPP Printer (Carl-Uno and Peter Z.)

2) Write up agreements on IPP Notfications from last PWG IPP meeting (Tom
H. and Harry L.). By default these guys will be appointed editors for that
document as well, unless somebody else steps up for the job opening as editor.

3) Make a draft for MIME registration of document types, based on current
Printer MIB enum registrations (Tom H.)

4) Revised draft on getting MIB info over IPP - Uncertain whether this is
still part of IPP or should be part of the SDP discussion? (Scott I.)

5) The Editors to collect and be prepared to submit minor fixes to the
Model and Protocol drafts to the RFC editor, before publishing as RFCs.
(Scott I. and Bob H.)

Still very quiet from Keith Moore and the IESG, I keep on sending a
reminder about once a week ;-). Latest excuse was that the TLS RFCs are not
yet out - I suggested to Keith to change our references to SSL3 (but
suspect that that proposal may not go down too well).

Hope to have at least some of the home work assignments finished in time
for discussion in next Wednesday's phone conference.

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Scott Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:35:23 -0600

>>> Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]> 04/22 11:23 AM >>>
> (snip)
>HOME WORK ASSIGNMENTS
> 
> (snip)
>

Unless this is still part of an IPP discussion, then I am not interested in
participating.  I plan to rev the document and post and an I-D (non-WG
draft if necessary), but I would like for it to be a WG draft.

Scott