Subject: PMP> Another hrBit

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 18:20:35 -0500

I'd like to extend the proposal for new hrPrinterDetectedErrorState bits by
adding one more bit

>    pmOverdue     6     warning(3) or down(5)

This bit would be set if and when the device detected that a preventive
maintenance
schedule had been exceeded. It would be up to the implementation if this
stops printing or not (typically, not!).

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:49:38 -0500

I'd agree with this proposal, so long as the name is changed to
better reflect the semantics.  Maybe something like:

    pmOverduePreventiveMaintenance

I know it's a bit long, but it clearly states the semantics and
scope of the variable.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------