Subject: JMP> Portland Attendance...

From: "Turner, Randy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:32:34 -0800

We maybe setting a new record for JMP/FIN attendance. I have 17 RSVPs
for the Friday meeting, with 2 more possibilities on the horizon. I
currently have a smaller room reserved for that day...I hope I didn't
screw up.

Randy

---

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 06:47:11 PST

Hi Randy,

As someone who can never attend the PWG monthly meetings in person,
I find that high registration for JMP/FIN rather discouraging, given
the virtual silence on their mailing lists for the last month.  It
seems that PWG members would much rather do all their work face-to-face
instead of discussing issues on the mailing lists.  Leaves the rest
of us out of the picture.

Oh well,
- Ira McDonald
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[Randy's note]
>From [email-masked] Tue Mar 24 21:44:51 1998
From: "Turner, Randy" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: JMP> Portland Attendance...
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:32:34 PST
Sender: [email-masked]
Status: R

Randy

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:15:33 -0500

Ira... let's not discourage attendance!! ;-)

Your participation via e-mail and phone has been VERY valuable, Ira... it's
unfortunate that you haven't been able to attend the face-to-face meetings, but
we'll take your input any way we can. We try to have a process which is
effective at discussing and resolving issues and moving the standards forward
regardless of the constraints of our members... it's not always ideal. I am
guilty of falling behind and only recently catching up on the excellent
discussion between you and Randy on SNMPv3 - one you'd think I would be right
on top of. The way it works for me is, when I've carved time out for the
meeting I can focus on standards. When I get back in the office I've got REAL
work, including that which piled up while I was away ;-). I'm sure it's no
different for you, or any of us, when we address these broader issues..