Subject: Re: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Election of Officers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:38:33 -0400

It was not the intent to have a single person record the minutes of all the
working group sessions.  We described the secretary's job as the "PWG"
meetings meaning not the "IPP Working Group Meetings" or the "JOB MIB
Meetings", etc.  That is the job of the working group secretary which is
described elsewhere in the process document.  I will edit the process
document to make that clearer.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************

Jay Martin <[email-masked]> on 07/10/98 05:20:57
PM

To:   Don Wright@LEXMARK
cc:   [email-masked]
bcc:
Subject:  Re: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Election of Officers

I wasn't able to attend the Monterey meeting, so I'm not aware
of any discussions on the specifics of the officers' responsibilities,
however, this part seems a bit over-scope:

> __SECRETARY__
> The PWG Secretary has responsibility to record and distribute the
> minutes of all PWG meetings.

Due to the great number of projects and their associated meetings,
it is almost impossible for ONE person to be responsible for
recording the minutes of all such meetings.

The best we can hope for would be something like:

  __SECRETARY__
  The PWG Secretary has responsibility to ensure the recording and
  distribution the minutes of all PWG meetings.  For PWG projects,
  the Secretary ensures that all project secretaries record all
  meeting minutes and submits those minutes in a timely fashion.
  The Secretary would be responsible for the recording of minutes
  for any non-specific project meeting or general PWG meeting.

Just my $0.02 worth (speaking from experience as the first PWG
Secretary).

     ...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[email-masked] wrote:
>
> According to the PWG Process we are in the process of completing and
> putting into place, officers for the PWG take office on September 1st of
> this year with a 2 year term of office.  As such we must elect officers
> (Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary) at the August meeting in Toronto.
>
> The duties of these officers are described in the process document and
are
> summarized below.
>
> __CHAIR__
> The PWG Chair is responsible for organizing the overall agenda of the
PWG,
> creating working groups, appointing working group chairs, making local
> arrangements for PWG meetings (this may be delegated as appropriate),
> setting the high level PWG agenda, chairing the PWG plenary session, and
> assisting working group chairs to accomplish their tasks.
>
> __VICE CHAIR__
> The Vice Chair?s responsibilities are to act in the absence of the chair
> and provide assistance to the Chair in carrying out his or her role, as
> required.
>
> __SECRETARY__
> The PWG Secretary has responsibility to record and distribute the minutes
> of all PWG meetings.
>
> Serving as an officer in an organization such as the PWG often provides
> significant personal satisfaction and career enhancement.  If you are
> interested in serving as one of the officers, please confirm with your
> management and then let me know as soon as possible of your interest.
>
> **********************************************
> * Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
> * Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
> * Lexmark International                      *
> * 740 New Circle Rd                          *
> * Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
> * 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
> **********************************************