Subject: IPP> announcing apps area discussion list

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]> (by way of Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:34:44 PDT

Hi.  I've set up a list for discussion of apps area-wide issues.
It's called [email-masked].

Here's the welcome message from the list:

Congratulations!  You're now subscribed to the [email-masked]
mailing list.  If you want to be removed from the list, or you
want your address changed, send mail to [email-masked].

This list is for discussion of matters related to the applications
area of IETF.  In particular, discussions of area-wide concerns
or technical issues, and ideas for new applications area working groups, 
are appropriate.

This list has been created as a result of the observation that many
issues discussed in certain applications area working groups, have a 
much wider effect, and need a wider audience, than that particular group.  
I'm hoping that this list will facilitate more cross-wg discussion.

At present anyone can post to the list, though there is a spam filter.
However, the apps area directors reserve the right to moderate the list to 
filter inappropriate messages, or to automatically filter messages from 
those who habitually post inappropriate messages.  Inappropriate, here,
means either 'abusive' or 'wildly off topic'.

Keith Moore