Subject: Re: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th

From: [email-masked] (Stuart Rowley)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:51:44 -0700

Kyocera's current implementation uses Unavailable because Broken.

Stuart

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Stuart Rowley                              Kyocera Electronics, Inc. 
Network Product Development Mgr.           3675 Mt. Diablo Blvd. #105 
[email-masked]                  Lafayette, CA 94549
510 299-7206                               Fax: 510 299-2489 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: PMP> Unavailable vs. Broken - review by April 17th
Author:  INTERNET:[email-masked] at CSERVE 
Date:    08.04.98 16:52

The "Top-25" alert definitions specify subUnitStatus "Unavailable because 
Broken" for

Jam
Cover/Door Open
Input Tray Missing
Output Tray Missing
Output Tray Full
Marker Supply Missing
Marker Supply Empty

During the PMP last call, Tom Hastings wrote

>We were wondering why we didn't use "Unavailable and OnRequest" 
>...for something that requires human attention, but is not broken?

While we do not want to entirely resurface this discussion, we are giving 
everyone until 4/17 to review their interpretations or implementations of the 
Top-25 to see if there is major misunderstanding.

Please review with your product development teams and reply before Friday, 4/17.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Chuck Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:33:41 -0700

Tektronix's current implementation uses Unavailable because Broken.

Chuck Adams