Subject: PMP> Boulder PMP Minutes

From: Jeff Schnitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 17:49:04 -0500

The following message from Harry Lewis <[email-masked]> got caught
in the Majordomo filter (it thought is was an admin request).

/Jeff

---------------------------------------------------------------
Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   Email:  [email-masked] 
Underscore, Inc.          |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699   
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Web:  http://www.underscore.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Boulder PMP Minutes
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:04:23 -0500

There was actually a very brief PMP meeting in Boulder in October, for =
which I
am obliged to publish minutes. Sorry these are so late.

1. Lloyd to remove "Top 25" table from actual Printer MIB text
   (appendix) and, instead, insert a reference to a separate
   document. This is because the "Top 25" alert table is
   landscape and does not fit into the MIB format very well.

2. There was discussion about the fact that IETF does not seem
   to consider MIBs as standards track items, anymore. With the
   Job MIB we are being advised to register under full PWG control
   why don't we do the same with the printer MIB?

   We decided we've come a long way under IETF guidelines and we
   should not give up, at this point, on moving the Printer MIB
   to "Draft" standard.

3. Does the Printer MIB meet all current IETF "internationalization"
   requirements? We don't know, for sure.

4.    Harry Lewis had a proposal to extend hrPrinterDetectedErrorState
   bit definitions via a new OID in the Printer MIB, not in the hrMIB,
   which is out of PWG control.

      Condition           Bit #        hrDeviceStatus

   inputTrayMissing         0        warning(3) or down(5)
   outputTrayMissing        1        warning(3) or down(5)
   markerSupplyMissing      2        warning(3) or down(5)
   outputNearFull           3        warning(3) or down(5)
   outputFull               4        warning(3) or down(5)
   inputTrayEmpty           5        warning(3) or down(5)
   Reserved                 6        n/a
   Reserved                 7        n/a

   This proposal was not OFFICIALLY discussed because it was not
   on the original agenda and would have been unfair to those
   who might have otherwise attended. Subsequent discussion of the
   proposal, via e-mail, has resulted in sticking with the original
   direction of defining this extension AS PART OF the Host Resources
   MIB. Lloyd and Chris are working with the IETF to assure the
   hrMIB is re-opened and this proposal is addressed in a timely
   manner.

Harry Lewis
=