Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Correction - Schedule for Monterey Meeting

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 07:41:09 -0400

Oops, I was looking at the wrong week of the calendar.  This note has the
correct dates......

------------------

Here is the tentative schedule for the Monterey meetings.  Note that we
will only have 1.5 days for 1394 printing this time in order to try and
have a strong kick-off for the Universal Printer Driver work.  We will have
to make a determination as to how we schedule this work in the long term
but it has suffered with several exploratory evening meetings which have
varied in interest.  Paul Moore from Microsoft will be at the Tuesday UPD
meeting and with Sandra Matts from HP as chair, I hope we will be able to
move this effort forward.

Monday, July 6
                 8:30 - 6:00     1394 Printing
Tuesday, July 7
                 8:30 - Noon     1394 Printing
                 1:00 - 6:00     UPD (Universal Printer Driver)
Wednesday, July 8
                 8:30 - 11:00    PWG Plenary Session
                11:00 - 6:00     IPP
Thursday, July 9
                 8:30 - 6:00     IPP Notification
                                 SDP (Server-Device Protocol)
Friday, July 10
                 8:30 - 3:00     MIBs (Finisher, Traps, etc.)

In the future, I expect the MIB work to move to an evening sessions and the
UPD work to move to Fridays which will return the 1394 printing effort back
to 2 full days.  Plan accordingly!!

On the SDP front, I would like to find a separate chair to drive this
effort.  If you are looking for an opportunity to make a contribution to
the industry, please let me know.  Seeing these kind of efforts completed
and products shipping is a very fulfilling experience.

**********************************************
* Don Wright                 [email-masked] *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
**********************************************