Subject: JMP> Registration Last Call: mediumTypeConsumed(174) and mediumSizeConsumed(175)

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:28:24 PDT

<bigger>I have posted the following registration proposals for a two week
Last 

Call for use with the Job Monitoring MIB.  We reviewed this proposal

at the PWG meeting on Friday, 10 April 1998, and agreed to send it out

for a two-week Last Call as the final step in approving these 

two attributes, medimTypeConsumed(174) and mediumSizeConsumed(175),

as registered attributes for use with the PWG Job Monitoring MIB v1.0.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/proposed-registrations/001-medium-x-consumed.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/proposed-registrations/001-medium-x-consumed.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/proposed-registrations/001-medium-x-consumed.txt

If and when they are approved, I, as editor, will move them (with any
updates)

from the above directory to:

   ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/approved-registrations/

As editor, we agreed that I will also update a version of the Job
Monitoring 

MIB specification (.doc, .pdf, .txt, and .mib) to show all approved
registrations and clarifications.  This updated version of the Job
Monitoring 

MIB will show all changes from version 1.0 and will have a change

history which summarizes each change, so that there is one document that 

contains all approved clarifications and registrations.  
(Clarifications

will follow the same approval process as registrations.)

The last call will terminate on:

Monday, April 27, 1998,  5:00pm PDT.

Tom

Subj:  JMP proposal to register mediumTypeConsumed and
mediumSizeConsumed

From:  Tom Hastings

Date:  4/10/98

File:  001-medium-x-consumed.doc

Here is a proposal to register two new accounting attributes to be used

with the approved PWG Job Monitoring MIB standard.  These new 
attributes

count media by medium type name and medium size name.  The current PWG

Job Monitoring MIB specifications for "mediumRequested" (medium type

enum, medium name and medium size name) and mediumConsumed" (medium

name) are:

        mediumRequested(170),             JmMediumTypeTC

                                          AND/OR

                                          JmJobStringTC (SIZE(0..63))

            INTEGER:  MULTI-ROW:  The type

            AND/OR

            OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  the name of the medium that is 
required

            by the job.

            NOTE - The name (JmJobStringTC) values correspond to the

            prtInputMediaName object in the Printer MIB [print-mib] and

            the values of the IPP 'media' attribute.

        mediumConsumed(171),              Integer32 (-2..2147483647)

                                          AND

                                          JmJobStringTC (SIZE(0..63))

            INTEGER:  MULTI-ROW:  The number of sheets

            AND

            OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  the name of the medium that has been

            consumed so far whether those sheets have been processed on

            one side or on both.

            This attribute SHALL have both Integer32 and OCTET STRING

            (represented as  JmJobStringTC) values.

            NOTE - The name (JmJobStringTC) values correspond to the

            name values of the prtInputMediaName object in the Printer

            MIB [print-mib].

1

I propose adding two additional attributes to record media type
consumed

and media size consumed:

        mediumTypeConsumed(174),          Integer32 (-2..2147483647)

                                          AND

                                          JmJobStringTC (SIZE(0..63))

            INTEGER:  MULTI-ROW:  The number of sheets of the indicated

            medium type that has been consumed so far whether those

            sheets have been processed on one side or on both

            AND

            OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  the name of that medium type.

            This attribute SHALL have both Integer32 and OCTET STRING

            (represented as JmJobStringTC) values.

            NOTE - The type name (JmJobStringTC) values correspond to

            the type name values of the prtInputMediaType object in the

            Printer MIB [print-mib].  Values are: 'stationery',

            'transparency', 'envelope', etc. These medium type names

            correspond to the enum values of JmMediumTypeTC used in the

            mediumRequested attribute.

        mediumSizeConsumed(175),          Integer32 (-2..2147483647)

                                          AND

                                          JmJobStringTC (SIZE(0..63))

            INTEGER:  MULTI-ROW:  The number of sheets of the indicated

            medium size that has been consumed so far whether those

            sheets have been processed on one side or on both

            AND

            OCTETS:  MULTI-ROW:  the name of that medium size.

            This attribute SHALL have both Integer32 and OCTET STRING

            (represented as JmJobStringTC) values.

            NOTE - The size name (JmJobStringTC) values correspond to

            the size name values in the Printer MIB [print-mib] 
Appendix

            B.  Values are:  'letter', 'a', 'iso-a4', 'jis-b4', etc.

2

</bigger>