Subject: PMP> Printer MIB changes from Last Call

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 14:20:23 -0500

The Last Call for the Printer MIB expired last night. Here
are the plans for the proposed revisions:

1. Localization: If the IETF requires us to update the Printer
MIB to accomodate localization then we revisit this issue. However
I am going to wait until we are forced to make this revision.

2. Harry's proposed changes:
A. Revise Printer MIB based on acception of HR MIB
hrPrinterDetectedErrorState bit changes: This is one change that
I will make once all of this is done in the HR MIB.
B. "Top 25" table useless in Printer MIB: I forgot this one
until reminded by Harry. My position is to leave the table in
the MIB and also add a pointer to the landscape document. If my
memory is correct someone in the Printer MIB working group stated
that they knew how to insert a reference to a non-IETF document,
I am waiting for a return phone call and see how to do this.
C. Information dropped in "Top 25" table: This one appears to
only be an editorial change. If Harry will provide the detailed
changes to me then I'll make the editorial changes.

3. Tom's question on "broken" subunit status: Certainly if this
is "broken" I want to fix it but I need more discussion before
I arrive at that decision.

Regards,
Lloyd

------------------------------------------------------------
Lloyd Young                       Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager            Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances               740 New Circle Road NW
internet: [email-masked]     Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150             Fax: (606) 232-6740