Subject: IPP> Question about Job Template attributes

From: [email-masked] (Stuart Rowley)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:18:17 -0700

For each job template attribute there is the associated default and 
supported values. I have a question about the xxx-supported values. 

Imagine a printer that say supports binding which may be controlled by 
various PDL commands, but does not support controlling binding via the IPP 
finishings job template attribute. Should the printer response to 
finishings-supported include binding or not? I assume that it should not 
include binding as this would give the idea to the client that binding can 
be controlled with the finishings attribute. Thus, xxx-supported is not 
intended to indicate printer capabilities, but rather support for the IPP 
attributes. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Stuart Rowley

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Stuart Rowley                              Kyocera Electronics, Inc. 
Network Product Development Mgr.           3675 Mt. Diablo Blvd. #105 
[email-masked]                  Lafayette, CA 94549
925 299-7206                               Fax: 925 299-2489 
---------------------------------------------------------------------