Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 10:51:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for an Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Wright
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt
	Pages		: 57
	Date		: 06-Jul-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents which together describe all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing on the Internet. The protocol is heavily influenced by the printing model introduced in the Document Printing Application (ISO/IEC 10175 DPA) standard. Although DPA identifies the both end user and administrative features, IPP is initially focused only on the end user functionality.

          The full set of IPP documents include:
 
          Requirements for an Internet Printing Protocol
          Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
          Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification
          Rationale for the Structure and Model and Protocol for the
              Internet Printing Protocol

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.