Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG server is back on the air

From: Jeff Schnitzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:53:52 -0400

The system that provides PWG web, ftp, and mailing services is again
available.

We had a disk failure compounded by a dead console terminal.  After
performing surgery on the system, it would not recognize the keyboard
of the replacement console.  We have now replaced the original system
with another and tranferred the disks.

I hope the inconvienience of the outage was not too great.

/Jeff

-------------------------------------------------------------
Jeffrey D. Schnitzer      |   [email-masked]
Underscore, Inc.          |   http://www.underscore.com
41-C Sagamore Park Rd     |   Voice:  (603) 889-7000
Hudson, NH  03051-4915    |     Fax:  (603) 889-2699
-------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Paul Gloger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 02:52:33 PDT

Jeff,

Allow me to be among the first to observe what a superb job you guys did in
managing the PWG server problems - with super timely notices of both the
problems and the outlook for resolution.  Very impressive, and much
appreciated.

Thanks!,
Paul