Subject: IPP> ADM - How to follow up on IESG comments on IPP

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:08:22 PST

Hi,

This is a resend of an earlier message that was caught by the S-P-A-M filter.

The IETF-Announce DL contains a lot of stuff you may not be interested in,
so I will forward anything I find about IPP to the IPP DL, unless people
who sent comments to the other list already copied the IPP DL.

Happy?

Carl-Uno

-----
[The following message from Carl-Uno was filtered by Majordomo as a
 misdirected admin request due to the word "ubscribe-say" being used
 within the first five lines of the message body -- /Jeff Schnitzer]

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:16:39 PST
To: [email-masked]
From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Subject: ADM - How to follow the fate of the IPP drafts
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

With the message now sent to the IESG to process the IPP drafts for
publishing as RFCs, they are now out of our control. If you want to find
out how the next step in the processing chain develops, you should
subscribe to the IETF annoncement list. See description below on how to
subscribe.

Carl-Uno

---

The IETF announcement list is a "controlled" list that receives the
following types of messages: 

     IETF Meeting logistics, 
     Agendas for working group and BOF sessions at IETF meetings, 
     working group actions, 
     Internet-Draft announcements, 
     IESG Last Calls, 
     IESG protocol and document actions, and 
     RFC announcements. 

To join the announcement list, send a request to:

[email-masked] and enter the word subscribe in the
Subject line of the message. 

----

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:10:10 -0500

Does subscribing to the "[email-masked]" DL give you
copies of IESG Last Call comments?  (I didn't think it did.)

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:46:15 -0500

Carl-Uno Manros wrote:

> Maybe you are right. The IESG Last Call message about IPP says:
> 
> "Please send any comments to the [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing
> lists by February 23, 1998."
> 
> so to be 100% certain that I get everything, I have sent subscription
> requests to those two DLs as well...

The [email-masked] is NOT a mailing list, so don't try subscribing
to it.  It is designed as a "private reflector" and is not open
to the public.  (See message below)

To subscribe to the [email-masked] mailing list, be sure to send a
message to [email-masked] with the Subject line of "subscribe".

	...jay

=====
[email-masked] is the Internet Engineering Steering Group.  You can send 
mail to them but you can't subscribe to anything with that name.

See the IETF web pages <http://www.ietf.org> for info on the right way 
to subscribe to the IETF list.  And please only do that if you really 
want to get the discussion.  If you just want announcements, subscribe 
to ietf-announce.
=====