Subject: IPP>MOD Status code for URI's too long?

From: Carl Kugler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:59:42 -0400

If the case of an unknown or unsupported attribute with 'uri' syntax that fails
the length (<= 1023) check, does the Printer return
'client-error-request-uri-too-long' or 'client-error-bad-request'?  Reading
section 15.3, I get the impression that the 'client-error-request-uri-too-long'
only applies to the "document-uri" attribute.  And in the particular case of

unknown or unsupported attribute
IF the attribute syntax supplied by the client is supported but the length is
not legal for that attribute syntax, REJECT/RETURN 'client-error-bad-request'.

  -Carl

---

From: Robert Herriot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:41:19 -0700

I have assumed that  'client-error-bad-request' is the
correct response for

an unknown or unsupported attribute with 'uri' syntax .  Though I
think that

we should make 'client-error-bad-request'  be the response for a

document-uri that is too long as well because a length error is a low
level

error which is likely to be detected out of the context of a particular

attribute.  So I see no value in making a special exception for one

attribute's length error.

Comment?

Bob Herriot