Subject: IPP> charset type vs charset printer attribute

From: "Rajesh Chawla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 18:05:23 -0500

Hi folks,

The use of charset as a type and charset as a printer attribute is 
causing me problems in my implementation.  

What I want to do is to create an ascii file of IPP attributes that I can
parse and then send to the printer using IPP.  The grammar I'm working
with parses lines of the following format:

    <type> <attribute-name> '=' <value> ';'

It becomes difficult to correctly parse the following line:

    charset charset = "en";

It would make my life a lot easier if the charset attribute name for 
printers changed to "printer-charset".

Regards,
Rajesh

---

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 15:14:57 PST

Hi Rajesh,                                    Tuesday (23 December 1997)

Your problem is fixed.  This printer attribute has been renamed (for
clarity) to "charset-configured", in the latest draft of the IPP Model
(dated 19 December 1997) posted on the PWG server at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_MOD/draft-ietf-ipp-model-08.txt

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
  High North Inc

PS - See also the related printer attributes "charset-supported",
"generated-natural-language-supported", and "natural-language-configured".
>----------------------------------------------------------------------<
>From: "Rajesh Chawla" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: IPP> charset type vs charset printer attribute
>Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:05:23 PST
>
>Hi folks,
>