Subject: Re: JMP> RESEND: PWG Standard Job Monitoring MIB, V1, posted

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 07:01:20 PST

Hi Tom,

I commented out (as ASN.1 comments) the details of the attributes
in the DESCRIPTION clause of JmAttributeTypeTC in this version
of the Job Mon MIB and got a CLEAN compile with SMICng.

I also got a small warning from Epilogue on the OID assignment
statement in the MODULE-IDENTITY macro.  I'll look at this 
more and experiment before commenting to the DL.

Lastly, the posted text file has 275 lines that are 73 characters
long (not all are trailing blanks).  After using the SMICng
'mstrip' tool to extract the '.mib' file, there are still 164 lines
that are 73 characters long.  This does NOT meet the IETF rules
for Internet-Drafts (or RFCs) and will need to be corrected
in January.

Thanks for all the good work,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:35:42 PST

>of the Job Mon MIB and got a CLEAN compile with SMICng.

Looks like I should move all the DESCRIPTION of each of the attributes
up front before the BEGIN into the section on attributes, since I got the
same error with SMICng on my Sun workstation.  Since I have the 
enum numbers duplicated in the description, the reader can still find each 
attribute easily by the number and the table of contents and index will 
refer to the moved section.

By the way, did you have any difficulty removing the headers and footers
from the .txt version with the MSTRING program distributed with SMICng on the
PC?  The version of mstring on the Sun was unable to strip the headers from 
the .txt version that I posted.  My test compile was with a previous version 
that differed only in formatting.

>more and experiment before commenting to the DL.

I got it too, but I figured it was some problem with the Epilogue compiler,
but if you see a problem, let us know.

>for Internet-Drafts (or RFCs) and will need to be corrected

Yes, I discovered this too, so I need to make the right margin 1.4 inches
wide, instead of 1.3 (left, top, and bottome = 0.0).  It looks like MS-WORD
now places the center of the character inside the margin, not the right
edge of the character.  Strange.