Subject: IPP> TES Print test across the Internet

From: "Zehler, Peter " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 10:17:14 PDT

All,
   A couple of individuals participated in a simple IPP test across the
Internet.  After resolving a proxy problem on the client side, a simple
print job was sent.  The test was a success.  A trace has been posted in the
TES traces directory.  Subsequent operations were attempted.  The
requests/responses were sent and received successfully.  However the
operations were not yet supported on the printer side and only a dummy
response was returned.  (these were not posted to the trace directory).  
   Plans to try the operations in the reverse direction could not occur due
to problems logging into an ISP.  The problems could have been avoided if
one of the individuals would have access to the T1 link that has been
promised him for about 4 months.  (It will be up when the individual returns
from the Portland meeting....yeah...sure)

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Networked Products Business Unit
Email: [email-masked]
Voice:    (716) 265-8755
FAX:      (716) 265-8792 
US Mail: Peter Zehler
	        Xerox Corp.
	        800 Phillips Rd.
	        M/S 111-02J
	        Webster NY, 14580-9701

---

From: Carl Kugler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 15:04:46 -0400

Regarding PZ012B00.trc:  section 15.3.4.3 of MOD says that attributes-charset
and attributes-natural-language are MANDATORY Operation Attributes for a
Print-Job Response.  I don't see these in your trace.

Also, job-uri (which you do have), job-id, job-state are MANDATORY Job Object
Attributes for a Print-Job Response when one of the success codes is returned
(as in this case).

 -Carl

[email-masked] on 04/06/98 11:22:46 AM
Please respond to [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
cc:
Subject: IPP> TES Print test across the Internet

All,

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX

---

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 19:25:28 -0400

I'd like to introduce the topic of a "WEB WEEK" for discussion at the TES
meeting in Portland. We're starting to see *some* interop test activity, but
it's sporadic. One of the nice things about a "Bakeoff" is it forces us to
prepare and focus on the testing. For IPP, it's nice that we don't have to lug
equipment and deal with the problems that can occur in these remote situations.
If we could agree on a specific set of activity at a specific time, however, it
would give us a goal to achieve with respect to proving interoperability.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems