Subject: JMP> Internet-Draft posted - but .txt has lost cross references!

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 09:23:34 PST

I finshed the edits that Ron and Harry found proof reading a week ago's
version of the MIB.  This was to be the Internet-Draft that was
to be forwarded to the IESG for their four week review in order to become
an informational RFC.

After the cover sheet, its labeled V1 (IETF won't allow "." in the subject
line).

I edited all of the agreements from Harry's minutes from the L.A. meeting,
12/05/97.

Unfortunately, I upgraded the file to WORD97 without making sure that I
had the Distiller and the generic text driver on the same system.
Having WORD97 down grade to WORD6 almost worked, except the generic
text driver loses all of the cross references.  Also the AttributeTypeTC
definition is too big for the SMICng compiler; it bombs out!
However, it does compile with the Epilogue and the MOSY compilers.

So I didn't forward it as an Internet-Draft.

The text file meets the IETF standards for line length and no special
characters.

The files are:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.mib
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib-word97.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib-rev-red.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib-rev-word97.doc

The "rev" files are with revisions since the V0.86 version which was
released after the 10/31 meeting.

The changes are:

1. use the new PWG OIDs without the standard arc:
   ... enterprises pwg(2699) jobmon(1)

2. make the document a PWG draft standard that will be sent as an
Internet-Draft that will become an IETF Informational RFC, including
changing the IANA Considerations section not to use IANA

3. add natural language support like IPP

4. fix the issues with monitoring collated/uncollated implementations,
adding the jobCollationType attribute

5. fix impressions completed, 

6. allows multiple Job Submission Id entries to point to the same
jmJobIndex entry

7. and add 3 new Job Submission Ids

8. sort the terminology alphabetically as requested

9. Clarify how JmJobStringTC can be used with client localized strings
or keywords, like IPP.

I'm off for two weeks and not near any place that has WORD97 and the
generic text driver on the same system.

I'm sorry that I didn't quite make it.

Perhaps someone else can try, or wait until the first week in January.

Tom