Subject: JMP> How to compile Job MIB with OpenView

From: [email-masked] (Stuart Rowley)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:12:28 -0700

Job MIBers,

How can the Job MIB be compiled with HP OpenView? In the MIB document on 
page 18 it says:
"This MIB, like the Printer MIB, is written following the subset of SMIv2 
that can be supported by SMIv1 and SNMPv1 implementations."
But while OpenView can compile the Printer MIB, it chokes on the Job MIB.

Any ideas why OpenView will not compile the Job MIB?

Thanks,

Stuart

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Stuart Rowley                              Kyocera Electronics, Inc. 
Network Product Development Mgr.           3675 Mt. Diablo Blvd. #105 
[email-masked]                  Lafayette, CA 94549
925 299-7206                               Fax: 925 299-2489 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:22:30 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

Stuart,

When I tried to compile a private MIB on Open View it didn't understand
"enterprises".  I had to add the following:

     internet     OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::= { iso org(3) dod(6) 1 }
     private      OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::= { internet 4 }
     enterprises  OBJECT IDENTIFIER  ::= { private 1 }

I don't know if all are required, as I added all three lines and didn't
try to remove any after it was successful.

Note that I have a four year old version of Open View, so your results
may be different.

Good luck :-)

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.