Subject: Re: JMP> How would someone find out the PWG approved the Job

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:19:47 -0500

I have similar concerns that the Job MIB is languishing in a no man's land
right now. I think the process should be something like...

1. Internally (PWG) develop and approve - DONE
2. Submit to IETF as informational - DONE
3. Receive some sort of IETF recognition (RFC number), which shouldn't require
much effort on the IETF's part since it's informational
4. "Announce" the first "official" PWG standard, referencing the RFC,
indicating there are more to come - establishing more independent recognition
of PWG as an industry standards group.

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

[email-masked] on 03/31/98 05:34:51 PM
Please respond to [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
cc:
Subject: JMP> How would someone find out the PWG approved the Job Mon

Someone here at Xerox asked how they would know that the PWG had
approved the PWG Job Monitoring MIB as a PWG standard?

Should the PWG make a Press Release?

Should we update the PWG web page to announce that and point to the
document?

Tom