Subject: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Phone Conference 980325

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:10:36 PST

PWG IPP Phone Conference Agenda for 980325

Latests news from Keith Moore is that we will NOT get any feedback from him
or the IESG worth discussing in LA. This leaves IPP Notifications as the
main agenda item for the IPP LA meeting.

I would like to concentrate our discussions this week on the different
aspects of notifications and try to straighten out where we think that we
have agreements and where we need to do more work, so that we can identify
the things worth spending time on in LA. We have the discussions from the
Austin meeting as a basis. It seems to me that we could start working on
the IPP part of the solution right away, and keep up the discussion about
how to actually deliver the notifications.
Tom's recent proposal on a dictionary attribute is one option for how we
could express things like requesting notifications to more than one
destination.

If we have sufficient time we should also move on to the subject of
host-to-device. Out of the home work assignments from Austin, Don has
produced a strawaman for how TIPSI could be used. Randy is also working on
a proposal on how to modify IPP to serve as a host-to-device protocol, but
we are still waiting for that to show up. 

The phone-in information is:

Date and Time: March 25, 10:00-12:00 am PST (remember the earlier time slot)
Phone number: 212-547-0304 (For Xerox participants 8*535-5000)
Pass code: cmanros

Please note that the phone number is different from last time.

Carl-Uno

--

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]