Subject: PWG> IETF Printer Working Group: Request for IESG Consideration

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 08:12:10 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

The Printer MIB Working Group hereby requests IESG approval for 
publication of the following documents, as Informational RFCs.

The working group has been developing the content of these documents 
for approximately 2 years and has reached a strong consensus for this
set of specifications.

The Job Monitoring MIB specification is requested to be published as
an Informational as recommended by the Application Area Directors.  
This recommendation is based upon the use of the MIB to monitor a 
service node on the network rather than a network node proper.

DOCUMENT:

           Job Monitoring MIB - V1

           <draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-07.txt>

Status:    Informational

Technical Summary:

This document provides a printer industry standard SNMP MIB for (1) 
monitoring the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining resource 
requirements before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource 
consumption while a job is being processed and (4) collecting resource
accounting data after the completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to 
be implemented (1) in a printer or (2) in a server that supports one or 
more printers.  Use of the object set is not limited to printing.  
However, support for services other than printing is outside the scope 
of this Job Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to this MIB may include, 
but are not limited to, fax machines and scanners.

DOCUMENT:

           Job Submission Protocol Mapping Recommendations for the
           Job Monitoring MIB

           <draft-ietf-printmib-job-protomap-03.txt>

Status:    Informational 

Technical Summary:

This document defines the recommended mapping for many currently 
popular Job submission protocols to objects and attributes in the Job
Monitoring MIB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Bergman                                               805 578 4421
Dataproducts Corp.                                   fax: 805 578 4005
1757 Tapo Canyon Road                                  [email-masked]
Simi Valley, California  93063-3394
----------------------------------------------------------------------