Subject: PMP> COnfig Changes

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:58:39 -0400

There is a FAQ (#7) - that explains what constitutes a config change.
We have some questions...

1)  The following variables weren't included:

prtGeneralInputDefaultIndex
prtGeneralOutputDefaultIndex
prtGeneralMarkerDefaultIndex
prtGeneralMediaPathDefaultIndex

This seems inconsistent with other listed 'default' settings --
prtChannelDefaultPageDescLangIndex, prtInterpreterDefaultOrientation,
prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetIn, prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetOut.

2) These variables were also not included but could be considered changes
   to the configuration although they do not effect operations.

prtGeneralCurrentLocalization
prtConsoleLocalization

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:20:56 -0400

Harry,

I totally agree with your proposal to add the referenced
objects as part of the prtGeneralConfigChanges event mechanism.
Hard to believe we've missed these at this point in the game.

Time for another PMP list group vote.

	...jay