Subject: JMP> New JMP MIB Mapping Specification

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:01:11 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

I have update the Job Mib Mapping document with the changes agreed in 
the Boulder meeting.  I have also included the changes recommended in 
Tom Hastings memo of 24 Oct 1997, with the following exception:

     Tom recommended a note for the mapping of *sides* in IPP to 
     indicate that 3 IPP enum values need to be mapped to 2 JMP integer 
     values.  IPP sides definition allows 3 values:

       1) one-sided
       2) two-sided-long-edge
       3) two-sided-short-edge

     The JMP sides definition has two values: 1 (side) or 2 (sides).

     I do not feel that the recommended note is necessary.  If anyone 
     responds to this message that this mapping would be unclear without 
     this note, I will add.

The documents can be retrieved on the PWG FTP site as:

  ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/specs/JMPMAP01.DOC (no revision marks)
  ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/specs/JMPMAP01-REV.DOC (w/ revision marks)
  ftp::/ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/specs/JMPMAP01.TXT

Open issues:

 1) Mapping information needs to be generated for IPDS.  (There were 
    several IBM representatives at the meeting in Boulder, and the 
    consensus was IPDS should be included in the document.)  
    ACTION: Harry Lewis will provide this information.  

 2) Mapping information needs to be generated for DPA or Print Exchange.  
    ACTION: Tom Hastings will provide.

 3) The NDPS mapping needs to be reviewed.  Scott Isaacson provided a 
    list of the JMP objects and attributes supported, but no information 
    was provided as to the identification of the corresponding NDPS 
    parameters.  
    ACTION: Scott - Can this data be provided?

 4) The PJL mapping needs to be reviewed.  
    ACTION: Bob Pentecost, can you do a quick review?

 5) I have added a mapping for PostScript.  This needs to be reviewed.

 6) A new jmJobSubmissionId format is required for PostScript.  This is 
    an agent generated format which uses the document name.

 7) The mapping for PServer needs to be reviewed.  There are three JMP 
    attributes that do not a corresponding PServer parameter identified.  
    ACTION: Scott - Can you review this section?

 8) A new jmJobSubmissionId format is required for PServer.  This is 
    an agent generated format which uses the directory path name.

 9) SMB mapping is needed.
    ACTION: Ron Bergman will provide.

 10) TIP/SI mapping is needed.  I will do a draft of the maaping and 
     send the result to the mailing list for review.

 11) The issue was raised in Boulder as to how jmJobSubmissionId is to 
     be mapped if there are multiple *submission protocols* used in the 
     transmission of the job, all which can generate a valid 
     jmJobSubmissionId.  I will send an email to get the discussion 
     started on this subject.

I would like to get as many of these issues resolved prior to the L.A. 
meeting.  Please try to get as many of these action items resolved by 
November 21st.

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.

---

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 13:35:43 PST

All of the other mappings for IPP to JMP have the same attribute syntax
with the exception of the "sides" attribute and the "job-state-reasons"
attribute.  We have a note for the "job-state-reasons" attribute
explaining that IPP uses keywords and JMP uses bits.  We should have the
same kind of a note for "sides".

In IPP the data type for "sides" is 'keyword' which is a us-ascii string.  
In JMP it is an 'integer' (not an enum).  So I feel strongly that a note 
needs to be included to indicate this difference in syntax.

If the issue is the size or complexity of the note, I offer the following
alternative notes from simplest to more complex/detailed for Note 2:

a. Simplest:

2. In JMP the sides attribute has the ingeter values '1' and '2' and
three keyword values in IPP.

b. More detailed:

2. In JMP the sides attribute has the integer value '1' or '2'.  In IPP,
the "sides" attribute has the three keyword values: 'one-sided',
'two-sided-long-edge', and 'two-sided-short-edge'.

Tom