Subject: IPP> Separate IPPDEV list will cease to exist as of tomorrow

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:48:36 PST

All,

The somewhat animated discussion that have taken place lately about the
separate IPPDEV list is not worth spending our time to debate. 

In consultation with Peter Zehler (who owns the IPPDEV list) and Jay Martin
(who runs our list service), I have decided that the IPPDEV list will be
taken out of service as of tomorrow November 20, 1997. Attempts to send
messages to that list will result in an error message.

Please use the main IPP list for any future discussions about
implementation and testing issues. In line with our existing WG rules,
please start up the subject line with "TES -" for such messages to allow
people to automatically sort out this kind of messages, if they so wish and
their mail client has such a capability.

The few messages that have been run over the IPPDEV list so far have mainly
pointed out some errors in IBM client (to be fixed), and do not seem to
qualify for resending over the main list again.

I consider this discussion closed.

Carl-Uno Manros
IETF IPP WG Co-chair
Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]