Subject: IPP> Posted JAM MIB v0.20 - 5 April 1998

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 09:25:04 PDT

Copies To:  [email-masked]
            [email-masked]
            [email-masked]
            [email-masked]

Hi folks,                                          Sunday (5 April 1998)

In response to Ron Bergman's recent agenda topic on Notifications for
the JMP session at the PWG monthly meeting, I just posted the text of a
revised (documentation only) JAM MIB written by Joe Filion (Xerox) and
Ira McDonald (High North) to the PWG FTP server in:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
SYNOPSIS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This document specifies the Job Async Monitoring (JAM) MIB,
an individual contribution to the Job Monitoring Project (JMP) of the
Printer Working Group (PWG), a work-in-progress MIB module for the
entire printer industry, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

The JAM MIB specifies a lightweight SNMP trap registration mechanism
for end-user clients, management stations, and management proxies.  This
SNMP trap registration mechanism is SNMP protocol version independent.
This SNMP trap registration mechanism is security scheme independent.

The JAM MIB is a companion to the PWG Job Monitoring MIB
and the IETF/PWG Printer MIB (published separately).

The JAM MIB is UNENCUMBERED by any patents pending or granted or other
intellectual property considerations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FILES
------------------------------------------------------------------------
These files are in 'ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/contributions':

rel_0405.txt - this release note
jam_v020.txt - Job Async Monitoring MIB v0.20 - text w/ formfeeds
jam_v020.mib - Job Async Monitoring MIB v0.20 - ASN.1 source of MIB