Subject: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Meeting in Austin - Agenda

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:12:42 PST

The next IPP meeting is soon upon us and as usual we have been polishing on
the Agenda for the meeting, last time in today's phone conference.

Here is the result:

PWG IPP Meeting in Austin - Agenda
==================================

Wednesday, March 3rd - Starting at 1 pm
---------------------------------------

Discuss overall printing scenarios and role of host-to-device protocol

- Scenario and architecture figures for discussion, Roger deBry and Tom
Hastings.
- TIPSI presentation, Don Wright.
- CPAP presentation, Jay Martin.

General discussion about the need for a separate host-to-device protocol
and whether any of the existing solutions are sufficient, or could be used
after proper extensions.

Thursday, March 4th - Starting at 8:30 am
-----------------------------------------

IPP Notifications

- Discuss content of Requirements document produced by Roger deBry.
- Presentation of FAX solution using DSNs and MDNs, Randy Turner.
- Presentation of SNMPv3 approach, Randy Turner.

Discuss pros and cons of current approaches vs. a new protocol.

Directory Mappings for IPP attributes

- How an LDAP mapping could be made, Scott Isaacson.
- How an SLP mapping could be made, Scott Isaacson.

Discuss approach on how to get proper mappings of IPP attributes into LDAP
and SLP.

Thursday, March 4 - Starting at 1 pm
------------------------------------

Discuss any further IPP extensions that we want to start working on.

Review status of the inter-operability testing activities.

- Present and discuss proposed plan, Peter Zehler

Last minute preparations for the IETF IPP meeting in Los Angeles.

NOTE 1: For those not in the phone cnference. We have got word back from
Keith Moore that the IESG will not have made a decision about the IPP
drafts ij time for our Austin meeting.

NOTE 2: Do not forget about the separate meeting on Universal Print Driver
on Tuesday evening!

Looking forward to see you in Austin,

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Principal Engineer - Advanced Printing Standards - Xerox Corporation
701 S. Aviation Blvd., El Segundo, CA, M/S: ESAE-231
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: "Scott Isaacson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 17:26:25 -0700

Carl-Uno,

I thought that I had two more agenda items:

- Review the list of "typos" and "minor technical clarifications" that need to be made to the Model document

- Review the "other" nofitication efforts (Java Event serivces, CORBA,  the Open Group)

Also, if the group is interested I could give a short presentation on the event/notification mechanism for NDPS.

Scott

************************************************************
Scott A. Isaacson
Corporate Architect
Novell Inc., M/S PRV-C-121 
122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
voice: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
fax: (801) 861-2517
email: [email-masked]
web: http://www.novell.com
************************************************************

>>> Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]> 02/25 4:12 PM >>>

Here is the result:

IPP Notifications

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros

---

From: [email-masked] (Philip Thambidurai)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:16:40 -0500

Scott,

I would certainly appreciate a presentation on event-notification in NDPS, and 
the other ones (Java event services, CORBA events)

Philip

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Meeting in Austin - Agenda
Author:  "Scott Isaacson" <[email-masked]> at INTERNET
Date:    2/25/98 5:26 PM

Carl-Uno,

- Review the list of "typos" and "minor technical clarifications" that need to
be made to the Model document

- Review the "other" nofitication efforts (Java Event serivces, CORBA,  the Open
Group)

Also, if the group is interested I could give a short presentation on the
event/notification mechanism for NDPS.

Scott

Here is the result:

IPP Notifications

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros

---

From: [email-masked] (Philip Thambidurai)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 08:12:18 -0500

Carl-Uno,
     
     The IPP agenda indicates that the meeting starts only at 1pm on 
     Wednesday (instead of the usual morning start). Is that correct?
     
     Philip Thambidurai

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: IPP> ADM - PWG IPP Meeting in Austin - Agenda
Author:  Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]> at INTERNET
Date:    2/25/98 3:12 PM

Here is the result:

IPP Notifications

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros

---

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:39:29 -0800

Scott,

You are right. Please add these two items to the agenda for Thursday.

Carl-Uno

---

From: Carl-Uno Manros <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 07:44:55 -0800

Philip,

Yes this is correct, the Wednesday morning slot is for overall PWG matters
rather than IPP.

Carl-Uno