Subject: IPP> MOD - Proposal for IPP notification for end-user and host-to-device

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 13:29:31 PST

Harry and I have collaborated on writing our action item for a proposal
for IPP notification registration that works for host-to-device and
end-user.  It also includes specific fixed attributes for each possible
event.  We've included the events from Ron's list, Harry's list, and
the original IPP Model document of last September.

I have posted the documents in:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-notify-proposal.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-notify-proposal.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/ipp/new_NOT/ipp-job-notify-proposal.txt

>From the introduction:

This proposal is intended for both the Host to Device IPP print protocol
being discussed and as an extension to IPP/1.0.  We believe that there is a
significant common core that both can use and that each has some unique
requirements that the other won't use.

There are a number of issues indicated in the document that we should cover
at the upcoming meeting, as well as review the proposal.

This paper also relates to registration using SNMP, though this paper
only deals with registration using IPP, but does include an identified
notification delivery method using SNMP traps.

Tom