Subject: IPP> I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 14:25:38 -0400

Note: This announcement is a retransmission with a corrected title and
abstract.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Design Goals for an Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Wright
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt
	Pages		: 57
	Date		: 06-Jul-98
	
The design goals document, Design Goals for an Internet Printing
Protocol, takes a broad look at distributed printing functionality, and
it enumerates real-life scenarios that help to clarify the features
that need to be included in a printing protocol for the Internet. It
identifies requirements for three types of users: end users, operators,
and administrators.  The design goals document calls out a subset of
end user requirements that are satisfied in IPP/1.0. Operator and
administrator requirements are out of scope for version 1.0.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-req-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.