Subject: JMP> IETF Job Monitoring MIB to ISO DPA mapping section

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 00:15:57 PST

I've posted the mapping from JMP to DPA for our PWG RFC mapping document:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/protomap/jmpmap01-dpa.doc  .pdf

I've also embedded the .txt in this message.

Tom

6.0  DOCUMENT PRINTING APPLICATION (DPA)

The ISO 10175 Document Printing Application [DPA] supports printing using
any one of the three possible configurations.  For configuration 2, the
mapping defined herein is performed on a server.  Otherwise, the mapping is
performed on an agent within the printer.

6.1  jmJobSubmissionId Mapped to DPA

DPA contains a rich set of parameters which allow several methods of
creating the jmJobSubmissionId object.  To prevent interoperability
problems, the preferred method is to use the DPA job-originating-user
attribute as follows:

  octet 1:   '0'

  octets 2-40:  Contains the DPA job-owner attribute 
                supplied by the submitter.  If the job-owner 
                is less than 40 octets, the left-most character in the 
                string shall appear in octet position 2.  Any unused 
                portion of this field shall be filled with spaces.  
                Otherwise, only the last 39 bytes shall be included.

  octets 41-48:  Contains an 8-digit sequential decimal number.

6.2  jmJobIndex Mapped to DPA

The job index (jmJobIndex) assigned by the SNMP job monitoring agent is
returned to the client by DPA as a decimal digit string as the value of the
DPA job-identifer attribute.  (Since DPA does not require consecutively
generated job-identifiers, the agent may receive jobs from multiple clients
and can assign the jmJobIndex in an accending sequence independent of the
submitting job client.)  The DPA job-identifier must be restricted to the
range of 1 to 99,999,999 (decimal) to allow the value to be properly
represented in jmJobSubmissionId.

6.3  Other MIB Objects Mapped to DPA

MIB Object                | DPA Job attribute
--------------------------+---------------------------------------------
jmJobOwner                | job-owner
jmJobKOctetsRequested     | total-job-octets (note 1)
jmJobKOctetsProcessed     | job-octets-completed (note 1)
jmJobImpressionsRequested | job-impression-count
jmJobImpressionsProcessed | impressions-completed
jmJobStateReasons1        | job-state-reasons (note 2)
jmNumberOfInterveningJobs | intervening-jobs

 Notes:
 ------
1.  jmJobKOctetsRequested and jmJobKOctetsProcessed is in K octets 
     while the DPA job-total-octets and job-octets-completed is in 
     octets and is 63-bits of significance.
  2. JobStateReasons is a bit map described in one object and three 
     attributes.  The DPA condition may change one or more of the bits 
     in one or more of these Job MIB items.  Also the DPA 
     job-state-reasons is a multi-valued attribute with each value being 
     an OBJECT IDENTIFIER (OID).

6.4  The Attribute Group Mapped to DPA

The following mappings are required if the listed DPA job attribute is
provided.

MIB attribute              | DPA job attribute            |IPP Data type
---------------------------+------------------------------+-------------
jobCodedCharSet            | every attribute is tagged    | Octet String
jobNaturalLanguage         | -                            | Octet String
jobName                    | job-name                     | Octet String
documentFormat             | document-format              | Octet String
jobPriority                | job-priority                 | Integer
jobHoldUntil               | job-print-after (note 3)     | Octet String
sides                      | sides (note 4)               | Integer
finishing                  | job-finishing, finishing     | Integer
printQualityRequested      | print-quality                | Integer
printerResolutionRequested | default-printer-resolution   | Integer
                             (note 5)
jobCopiesRequested         | job-copies-requested         | Integer
mediumRequested            | page-media-select,           | Octet String
                             default-medium
jobSubmissionTime          | submission-time (note 6)     | Integer
jobStartedProcessingTime   | started-printing-time (note 6) Integer
jobCompletionTime          | completion-time (note 6)     | Integer
sheetsRequested            | job-media-sheet-count        | Integer
jobURI                     | -                            | Octet String
jobStateReasonsN           | job-state-reasons (note 2)   | Integer
physicalDevice             | printers-assigned            | Octet String
sheetsCompleted            | job-media-sheets-completed   | Integer

 Notes:
 ------
  3. jobHoldUntil is a keyword value of the time period, while DPA 
     job-print-after is a date/time value.
  4. The Job MIB sides attribute is an integer '1' or '2' while the DPA 
     sides attribute has one of six OID values that includes plex.
  5. printerResolutionRequested has x and y resolution and is intended 
     to override the resolution instruction in the document, if any, 
     while the DPA default-printer-resolution is the same in x and y and 
     only takes effect if the document does not contain a resolution 
     instruction
  6. IPP times are the number of seconds since boot time, while DPA 
     times are a date/time.