Subject: IPP> Clients and interoperability testing

From: Gail Zacharias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 12:49:13 -0500 (EST)

I have tried playing with the IBM IPP client, but have run into some problems:

. The client doesn't send the required 'request-id' field of the IPP header.
. The client sends integers (e.g. 'copies' attribute value) as 1 byte, rather
  than 4.
. The client doesn't send the 'printer-uri' required operation attribute.
. The client doesn't accept the '100 Continue' HTTP response, which my
  Web server (Microsoft Personal Web Server, running an IPP server as a CGI
  script) seems to insist on sending.

The last one is kinda a killer, since as far as I know there isn't anything I
can do to change what the Web server is sending.  I'm told that IBM is not
really interested in updating their client at this point.  Which brings me to
the question, has anybody else out there written a test client that they're
willing to do some interoperability testing with my server?

Thanks,
Gail

---
[email-masked]