Subject: IPP> TES Important IPP Bake-off information

From: "Zehler, Peter " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 05:46:16 PDT

All,

Sorry for the delay but it is summertime afterall.  Here is a summary of the
points raised at last weeks phone conference.  The first 4 points are very
important.

1)	The target date for the IPP bake-off is September 23, 24 & 25.

2)	Microsoft has offered to host the event.  They have offered:
		1. A large room with power and a LAN 
			(about 3 taps/organization 10baseT)
		2. A DHCP server 
		3. Food
		4. A visit to the company store 
		5. September sunshine (if we get lucky)
		For no charge

3)	The cut off date for registration for the bake-off is August 21.
All registration will be made by sending email to "
"[email-masked]".  The final participant list will be posted to
the IPP list on August 24.  I would like to know what IPP component will be
brought to the bake off(e.g. Client, Printer, Printer Test Suite, Client
Test Suite).

4) 	Only organizations actively participating in the bake-off may
attend.

5)	Test tools should be onsite modifiable.  It is desirable to tailor
the tools to meet our testing needs and insure their accuracy.  Having the
test tool author present would be beneficial.

6)	The capability to fix client/server code is also desirable.

7)	Participants are encouraged to bring network monitoring tools.

8)	IPP and SNMP/MIB corelation testing is out of scope for this
bake-off.

9)	I will update the current test
plan(ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_TES/IPP-Test-Plan-980216.pdf) and
sent out notification when the new version is available.  The updates will
reflect the 6/30 document set.  I will also include a first draft of a "top
25" list.  The list will be used to capture scenarios that have caused
problems in interoperability testing.  Initially it will just be some common
scenarios to get the list started.

10)  After the test the results will be sent to all participants in a
mutually agreeable anonimity form.

11)	A sanatized summary will be circulated to the whole IPP group.  The
format will be discussed.

12)	Time should be set aside at the Toronto meeting and/or subsequent
phone conferences to discuss the following issues.
		1) Clarify the HTTP 1.0/1.1 issue.  (my current
understanding is they both must be supported)
		2) Chunked encoding of IPP.  How will we test it?
		3) Anonimity of bake-off results
		4) Sanatized summary of bake-off results format

13)	The organizations that have publicly announced their intention to
participate in the IPP bake-off are:
		1) Auco
		2) IBM
		3) Lexmark
		4) Microsoft
		5) Novell
		6) Sun
		7) TRCS
		8) Xerox

Pete