Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 10:51:14 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.  This draft is a work item of the Internet Printing
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
			  Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol
	Author(s)	: S. Zilles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 06-Jul-98
	
This document is one of a set of documents which together describe all aspects of a new Internet Printing Protocol (IPP). IPP is an application level protocol that can be used for distributed printing on the Internet. There are multiple parts to IPP, but the primary architectural components are the Model, the Protocol and an interface to Directory Services. This document provides a high level overview of the architecture and provides the rationale for the decisions made in structuring the architecture.
 
          The full set of IPP documents include:
 
               Requirements for an Internet Printing Protocol
               Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
               Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol Specification
               Rationale for the Structure of the Model and Protocol for
                   the Internet Printing Protocol

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-rat-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.