Subject: PMP> Re: COnfig Changes

From: [email-masked] (Ira Mcdonald x10962)
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 07:23:01 PDT

I agree with Harry and Jay that all of these MIB variables should
be added to what constitutes a config change

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (High North Inc)

------------------------------------------------------
[Harry's note]
From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: PMP> COnfig Changes
Message-Id: <5030100024028591000002L012*@MHS>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 09:58:39 PDT
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Sender: [email-masked]
Status: R

There is a FAQ (#7) - that explains what constitutes a config change.
We have some questions...

1)  The following variables weren't included:

prtGeneralInputDefaultIndex
prtGeneralOutputDefaultIndex
prtGeneralMarkerDefaultIndex
prtGeneralMediaPathDefaultIndex

This seems inconsistent with other listed 'default' settings --
prtChannelDefaultPageDescLangIndex, prtInterpreterDefaultOrientation,
prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetIn, prtInterpreterDefaultCharSetOut.

2) These variables were also not included but could be considered chang=
es
   to the configuration although they do not effect operations.

prtGeneralCurrentLocalization
prtConsoleLocalization

Harry Lewis - IBM Printing Systems
=

---

From: Gail Songer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 20:14:11 -0700

Hey!

As keeper of the FAQ I am more than happy to add these variables
and have a new version ready to go as soon I hear the word.

The only comment that I have is that this was not intended to be a
complete list but was to give a flavor of the things that could cause
a config change. Should this intent change? Do we want to state ALL
those things that an ideal implementation would count as config
changes? Should the list be an "only" list or an "at least" list?

Gail