Subject: Re: IPP> Consensus on sending our drafts to the IESG

From: "Xavier D. Riley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 07:21:29 PST

I reaffirm my decision, as expressed during the meeting 
in Maui, to send the IPP Model & Semantics and the Protocol 
Specification drafts to the IESG with the recommendation 
as Proposed Standards without further delay.

As one that has been actually implementing a prototyping 
of this standard, I think the current specification is a 
workable solution.

______________________________________________________________________
Xavier Riley                     
Xerox Corp.                      
Corp. Research & Tech.           Voice: 310-333-8329 / 8*823-8329   
701 S. Aviation Blvd ESAE-231    Fax: 310-333-6618 / 8*823-6618
El Segundo, California 90245     Email: [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________

---

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 08:11:57 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

One of the emails that objected to this proposal indicated that there
 were several issues, other than the XML encoding, which needed to be
 resolved before these documents should be submitted.  I had been waiting
 for a statement of these issues before reaffirming my decision.  Since
 this never appeared, my original position stands.  (I do not recall any
 issues, other than XML, in any of the past emails or meetings that 
 would be a major obstacle to this position.)

	Ron Bergman
	Dataproducts Corp.