Subject: PWG> NC Print working group

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:01:09 -0500

When Don presented the information on the Network Computer
Print working group, there was a concern regarding the Open
Group requiring membership by all companies that participate
in the NC Print working group. I checked with the chairman
of the Network Computer Management Group (NCMG) and this is
not the case. I'll describe how all of this is organized.
The NC Print working group would be under the umbrella of the
the NCMG. There are other groups under the NCMG working on
other NC areas: groups like Config, Security, Boot, etc. The
NCMG is only using the resources of The Open Group without
actually being a part of that group. All NCMG mailing lists
and mail archives are maintained by The Open Group as well
as all specifications released by the NCMG would be published
by The Open Group. However no membership is required in The
Open Group. The chairman of the NCMG wants the mailing
lists for all NCMG working groups to be in one place (on The
Open Group server). There has already been a "print" mailing
list sent up on The Open Group server. If you would like to
participate in the NC print working group, please send an
e-mail to me with your name, company name and internet ID.
You will be assigned a userid and password on The Open Group
server (all NCMG material is in a restricted area). You
will receive an e-mail with your userid and password and
further instructions. After receiving your userid and password,
you will be able to subscribe to the "print" mailing list
as well as other NCMG mailing lists if you are interested.
Regards,
Lloyd

------------------------------------------------------------
Lloyd Young                       Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager            Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances               740 New Circle Road NW
internet: [email-masked]     Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150             Fax: (606) 232-6740