Subject: JMP> I've posted and forwarded <draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-07.txt>

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:10:36 PST

The first PWG standard is now forwarded as in Internet-Draft:

             The PWG Job Monitoring MIB V1.0

Ron and I compiled the file with an additional number of SNMP compilers
and fixed formatting problems.

The Job Monitoring MIB now compiles with:
SNMCng compiler (we had to comment out the long attributes TC in the .txt
file)
Epilogue V6.0
MOSY 7.1
HP OpenView Network Node Manager, release B.05.01 (no changes needed)
NetPlus  (needed spaces before parens, also it doesn't understand the 
          enterprises arc, but we didn't fix that)

I've posted the files in:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib-rev.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib-rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.txt
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp-mib.mib
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/jmp.dic
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/jmp/mibs/mibvaria.dot

The .txt file is the same as the internet-draft.
The jmp-mib.pdf has line numbers and should be used for reference.
It has the same pagination as the .txt file.

Ron will request that it and his mapping document be forwarded to the
IESG to be distributed as a pair of informational RFCs next week.

Tom

>X-Sender: hastings@garfield
>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 18:54:53 -0800
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
>Subject: <draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-07.txt>
>Cc: Chris Wellens <[email-masked]>, Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>,
>        Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>,
>        Lloyd Young <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
>
>Here is the next Internet-Draft for a Job Monitoring MIB:
><draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-07.txt>
>
>I've included the file as an attachment in order to preserve the
>FORM FEEDs.  If you have any trouble with the attachment, please
>reply and I'll resend in the body of the message.
>
>       Title     : Job Monitoring MIB                         
>       Author(s) : R. Bergman, T. Hastings, S. Isaacson, H. Lewis
>       Filename  : draft-ietf-printmib-job-monitor-07.txt
>       Pages     : 110
>       Date      : 02/03/1998
>
>The Abstract is:
>
>This document has been developed and approved by the Printer Working Group
>(PWG) as a PWG standard.  It is intended to be distributed as an
>Informational RFC.  This document provides a printer industry standard SNMP
>MIB for (1) monitoring the status and progress of print jobs (2) obtaining
>resource requirements before a job is processed, (3) monitoring resource
>consumption while a job is being processed and (4) collecting resource
>accounting data after the completion of a job.  This MIB is intended to be
>implemented (1) in a printer or (2) in a server that supports one or more
>printers.  Use of the object set is not limited to printing.  However,
>support for services other than printing is outside the scope of this Job
>Monitoring MIB.  Future extensions to this MIB may include, but are not
>limited to, fax machines and scanners.
>
>Thanks,
>Tom Hastings
>For the Printer Working Group (PWG)
>
>