Subject: JMP> MOD & JMP - Adding why to join ipp and jmp DLs

From: Tom Hastings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:23:48 PST

Both the IPP Model document and the JMP Job Monitoring MIB document
list the email DL and how to join, using [email-masked] and 
[email-masked].

I'd like to see a sentence added as to why an implementor might
want to join the DL.

Implementors will find things that need clarification.

Also both standards have registration processes for adding
additional attributes and values.

I've talked with Ron Bergman about this for the Job Monitoring MIB
and he thought it was a good idea.

How about adding the following sentence right after the mention
of the [email-masked] and [email-masked] in the Author's
addresses section:

Implementors of this specification are encouraged to join this e-mail
distribution list in order to partipate in any discussions of
clarification issues and review of registration proposals for
additional attributes and values.

Comments?

Thanks,
Tom