Subject: IPP> New IPP Model Document

From: "Puru Bish" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 14:13:05 PDT

Greetings.

From: "Scott Isaacson"

:: Clarified that HTTP layer URLs might be relative URI and that 
:: URLs in IPP operation attributes must be absolute URLs. 
:: I added this to section 4.1.7.

I did not understand the reason to make URLs in IPP opearion
attributes absolute URLs. An IPP printer object already knows its 
host-name, port-number etc. 
Also, in Get-Printer-Attribute response, an IPP server sends the 
"printer-uri-supported". The printer-uri attribute supplied by an
IPP client should match that supplied in the Get-Printer-Attribute
 response.
Considering these, can we make the IPP operation attribute URIs 
relative URIs instead of absoulte?

>From "Tom Hastings"

:: In fact, the HTTP request header URI, if persent, takes precedence"
(over printer-uri/job-uri operation attributes).

I think it should  be the other way around. I feel the
printer-uri/job-uri, supplied by IPP client, should have higher
precedence to an IPP server than the HTTP header URI.

Please respond to these doubts/clarifications.
-PB

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

---

From: Jay Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 17:34:06 -0400

After thinking about this, I tend to agree with Puru's

> precedence to an IPP server than the HTTP header URI.

	...jay

----------------------------------------------------------------------
--  JK Martin               |  Email:   [email-masked]          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --
----------------------------------------------------------------------