Subject: RFC 2386 on A Framework for QoS-based Routing

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]> (by way of "Eric S. Crawley" <[email-masked]>)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:30:47 -0400

Many thanks to those who helped make this document possible!

	Eric & Hal

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2386:

        Title:	    A Framework for QoS-based Routing in the Internet
	Author(s):  E. Crawley, R. Nair, B. Rajagopalan, H. Sandick
	Status:     Informational
	Date:       August 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      37
        Characters: 93459
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2386.txt

QoS-based routing has been recognized as a missing piece in the
evolution of QoS-based service offerings in the Internet. This
document describes some of the QoS-based routing issues and
requirements, and proposes a framework for QoS-based routing in the
Internet. This framework is based on extending the current Internet
routing model of intra and interdomain routing to support QoS.

This document is a product of the QoS Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

RETRIEVE: rfc
DOC-ID: rfc2386

<ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2386.txt>