Subject: [101attendees] REQUEST: looking for 16(!) more mentors

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 15:29:44 +0100

Hi all,

We got a lot more last-minute applications by mentees, so we are looking
for 16(!) more mentors for the following candidates:

1. First timer with interest in TLS, ACME, TRANS
2. First timer with interest in DNS, Security, Distributed Systems
3. First timer with interest in TAPS, PANRG
4. First timer with interest in lpwan, 6lo, roll, t2trg
5. First timer with interest in alto, doh, dprive, dtn
6. First timer with interest in Future Networks, SDN, NFV, IoT,
security, ICN
7. First timer with interest in Internet Congestion Control
8. First timer with interest in Wireless network, Embedded systems
9. First timer with interest in ICN, Edge Computing, Future Internet, SDN
10. Second-fourth meeting participant with interest in dnsop dprive doh
11. First timer with interest in ONAP, OpenDaylight, RESTCONF, Network
Slicing
12. First timer with interest in BIER (Bit Indexed Explicit Replication)
13. First timer with interest in Data compression and httpbis
14. First timer with interest in Routing, Segment Routing
15. First timer with general interest
16. First timer with interest in TCP/UDP protocols for long-latency
transfers and alto, taps, quic

It would be great to keep these first timers engaged and help them have
a good experience, so please let me know if you would be available for
two short mentoring meetings.

Thanks in advance,

Niels

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:08:14 +0000

None of these are great fits for me but I’ve mentored quite a few newcomers over the years so give me anyone you don’t have a match for

> On Mar 17, 2018, at 10:30 AM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 101attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_101attendees&d=DwICAg&c=MOptNlVtIETeDALC_lULrw&r=mRz0JOPRkVS8Zc1ayjNtt-60hoNlmCBCkNS062Ad-Ho&m=dKOLuLXUgRCjcUm5TbThoVn0VeYJUBy2ZlDHWQSvpJ4&s=cURQvcUPQ6J8XoxVBzVRiuhnd1sG2r8absV0oEWgDns&e=

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 02:09:07 -0700

I should be able to help with #6 and #9

Lixia

> On Mar 17, 2018, at 7:29 AM, Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/101attendees

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:16:06 +0100

Dear all,

A sincere thank you to all the volunteers that reached out to us. In
no-time we were able to link mentees to mentors. It really shows the
commitment of the community, thanks again for that!

We are still looking for experts that can help us out with the Quick
Connections session (formerly known as speed mentoring). If you would be
willing to have short conversations with newcomers and them on their way
for an hour, please come to Room Sandringham at 14:50. It will take
until 16:00.

Have a great day.

Niels

---

From: Niels ten Oever <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:17:30 +0100

Hi Lixia,

Thanks a lot, we were already able to make all matches for the mentoring
but we are still looking for experts that can help us out with the Quick
Connections session (formerly known as speed mentoring). If you would be
willing to have short conversations with newcomers and help them on
their way for an hour, please come to Room Sandringham at 14:50. It will
take until 16:00.

Best,

Niels

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 11:44:37 +0000

I can join the Quick Connection session if you still need more people. I'm a security guy. Let me know.