Subject: [101attendees] Proper spelling for Metropole Tube stop(s)

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 07:53:27 -0400

Just so people don’t get lost, the proper spelling for the two Tube
stations close to the Metropole is “Edgware Road”. Note that there are two
separate Edgware Road stations separated by a couple of blocks - one just
serves the Bakerloo line, and the other serves the Circle, District, and
Hammersmith & City lines. You have to walk above ground to get between them.

And note that there is a completely different “Edgware” station on the
Northern line - don’t go there! It’s a VERY long way away from the hotel.

Cheers,
Andy

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 7:37 AM, June Parris <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Get the train or coach into London, then the tube or bus to Paddington or
> Edgewear Rd, do a www.journeyplanner. It give you all the options.
>
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 03:42, Roberta Maglione (robmgl) <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> What is the best way to reach Hilton Metropole from  GATWICK airport?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Roberta
>> _______________________________________________
>> 101attendees mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/101attendees
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> 101attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/101attendees
>
>

---

From: June Parris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:06:21 +0000

Thanks for the tip! Why don't you just send out a tube map or the travel
website, it would be so helpfull to people who don't know their way around,
that would be so much more helpfull. I know London well, so I won't have a
problem. I fact I was looking up the tfl site, as a lot of people are not
aware of it, www.tfl.com. There are also buses stopping right outside the
hotel, so much easier to do that, hence the journey planner. Please forgive
the spelling errors, sent that email in a hurry, just in case the person
who wanted to know was on the way. If they ask at the information desk at
the airport they will also get all the information they need. It is so easy
to find your way into Lo don, if you have a tube map and a journey planner.
In fact I worked in Paddington for many years and it is such an easy place
to get to.

Regards

June Parris
RN, RMN, BSc, MSc, MAG member.

---

From: Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:21:16 -0400

I guess you meant to point to the* Transport for London* site:
https://tfl.gov.uk/

Regards,
 Rifaat

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 9:06 AM, June Parris <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Get the train or coach into London, then the tube or bus to Paddington
>>> or Edgewear Rd, do a www..journeyplanner. It give you all the options.
>>>
>>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 03:42, Roberta Maglione (robmgl) <
>>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>

---

From: June Parris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:26:03 +0000

Yes, it would save so much confusion if people just go to the site. I still
use it and I know London well. We need to help and not find fault. London
looks confusing to people who don't know it, but with the maps and websites
it is easy.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 09:21, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> aware of it, www.tfl.com. There are also buses stopping right outside
>> the hotel, so much easier to do that, hence the journey planner. Please
>> forgive the spelling errors, sent that email in a hurry, just in case the
>> person who wanted to know was on the way. If they ask at the information
>> desk at the airport they will also get all the information they need. It is
>> so easy to find your way into Lo don, if you have a tube map and a journey
>> planner. In fact I worked in Paddington for many years and it is such an
>> easy place to get to.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> June Parris
>>>> Edgewear Rd, do a www..journeyplanner. It give you all the options.
>>>>
>>>

---

From: Joseph Heenan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:33:03 +0000

The mobile app ‘citymapper’ is very good for finding your way around London.

Joseph

> On 16 Mar 2018, at 13:26, June Parris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Yes, it would save so much confusion if people just go to the site. I still use it and I know London well. We need to help and not find fault. London looks confusing to people who don't know it, but with the maps and websites it is easy. 
> 
>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 09:21, Rifaat Shekh-Yusef <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I guess you meant to point to the Transport for London site:
>> https://tfl.gov.uk/
>> 
>> Regards,
>>  Rifaat
>> 
>> 
>>> Thanks for the tip! Why don't you just send out a tube map or the travel website, it would be so helpfull to people who don't know their way around, that would be so much more helpfull. I know London well, so I won't have a problem. I fact I was looking up the tfl site, as a lot of people are not aware of it, www.tfl.com. There are also buses stopping right outside the hotel, so much easier to do that, hence the journey planner. Please forgive the spelling errors, sent that email in a hurry, just in case the person who wanted to know was on the way. If they ask at the information desk at the airport they will also get all the information they need. It is so easy to find your way into Lo don, if you have a tube map and a journey planner. In fact I worked in Paddington for many years and it is such an easy place to get to.
>>> 
>>> Regards
>>> 
>>> June Parris
>>>> Just so people don’t get lost, the proper spelling for the two Tube stations close to the Metropole is “Edgware Road”. Note that there are two separate Edgware Road stations separated by a couple of blocks - one just serves the Bakerloo line, and the other serves the Circle, District, and Hammersmith & City lines. You have to walk above ground to get between them.
>>>> 
>>>> And note that there is a completely different “Edgware” station on the Northern line - don’t go there! It’s a VERY long way away from the hotel.
>>>> 
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> Andy
>>>> 
>> 
>>>>> Get the train or coach into London, then the tube or bus to Paddington or Edgewear Rd, do a www..journeyplanner. It give you all the options.
>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 at 03:42, Roberta Maglione (robmgl) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>