Subject: [101attendees] Jabber is inaccessible to me

From: Mukund Sivaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 17:25:45 +0530

I'm having trouble connecting to [email-masked] (and could not
enter the groupchat during yesterday's dnsop meeting). It worked during
previous IETF meetings.

via our .org's jabber server:

<@root> isc - Error: Error joining groupchat [email-masked]/muks: remote-server-timeout: Authentication failed: Peer provided no SASL mechanisms

via a different jabber server:

<@root> banu - Error: Error joining groupchat [email-masked]/muks: forbidden: Access denied by service policy

If s2s traffic is restricted, I'm not able to find information on how to
register on jabber.ietf.org either. Web search didn't turn up anything
useful, and <https://jabber.ietf.org/> redirects to
<https://www.ietf.org/jabber/> which 404s.

		Mukund

---

From: Mukund Sivaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 17:28:28 +0530

> <https://www.ietf.org/jabber/> which 404s.

Nevermind, after sending this email, I found this:
https://ietf.org/how/meetings/jabber/

I'll contact the email address on that page.

		Mukund

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:19:11 +0000

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 05:28:28PM +0530,
 Mukund Sivaraman <[email-masked]> wrote 

> I'll contact the email address on that page.

Was the problem solved? I have the same issue (and I promised to be
Jabber scribe this afternoon).

---

From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:25:20 +0000

> Jabber scribe this afternoon).

We're pretty sure it's the fault of our corporate jabber server, not the
IETF one.

Ray

---

From: Jared Mauch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:27:13 +0000

Due to XMPP spam I had to whitelist my own s2s communications. Your server operator may have done the same. 

Jared Mauch

> On Mar 22, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Ray Bellis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 101attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/101attendees