Subject: [101companions] Companions Information for IETF 101

From: "Amy Vezza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 08:15:28 -0800

Hello IETF Companions!

In a couple of weeks, we’ll be in London at the Hilton London Metropole.

A few notes before we are there. This mailing list is for your use,
however, there is also a fairly active Facebook presence. By request, the
Facebook group is private, but we are happy to add any confirmed
companions to it! The Facebook group is here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/185456914970392/

Companions Reception: There will be a Companions Reception at 4:30pm on
Sunday, March 18, 2018 in the Clarence Suite (level 1E). The reception is
scheduled to run until about 5:30pm, when Companions are welcome at the
IETF Welcome Reception, in the Sandringham Room (level 3W) until 7pm.

Social Event: There WILL BE an IETF 101 Social Event on Tuesday, March 20,
2018. However, the tickets are not yet on sale for this! We expect tickets
to be available soon, so make sure your IETF attendee is paying attention
to the announcements! I’ll also post on the Facebook page and here when
they go on sale.

A note on the hotel:

The hotel is spread over three distinct spaces, East Wing, Tower Wing, and
West Wing. The levels of these don’t necessarily match up, so when in
doubt you can always go to the Ground Floor (level 0) and find an elevator
that might get you where you are looking to go! The IETF meeting will
utilize all available space, up to the third floor (West Wing, 3W), and
down to ground floor third lower level (East Wing, -3E).

IETF Registration will be on the ground floor, West Wing (level 0W). The
IETF Lounge will be the Sovereign Room, on the first floor of the West
Wing (level 1W). You are welcome to utilize the Lounge space starting
Monday, March 19.

The IETF will have a Terminal Room that is equipped with a printer for
anyone’s use. The Terminal Room will be in the Cadogan/Berkley room in the
East Wing on the first floor (level 1E).

The IETF Meeting Wiki page has some good information on how to get around
(this is crowd-sourced information, so it changes often):

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/ietf101

Looking forward to seeing you all in London!

Best regards,

Amy Vezza
IETF Secretariat