Subject: [103attendees] QIRG links

From: Rodney Van Meter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:04:26 +0700

Folks, apologies for the fairly broad spamming here…

There were 115+ people in room during the QIRG (Quantum Internet Research Group) kickoff meeting yesterday, and another six or eight remote!  Thanks for attending! I want to reach all of you, so I’m taking the liberty on the attendees list. I’m certain that a number of the people in the room are not on the QIRG mailing list, but I would encourage everyone with any interest at all to get on the list.  Volume is low, so you won’t be swamped.

Obviously, slides from yesterday are at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/session/qirg <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/session/qirg>
and the mailing list is at
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/qirg <https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/qirg>

The most important link, and the main reason for writing: Axel mentioned that Stephanie & co. published this as a roadmap in _Science_ just recently.  Here’s the link:
http://science.sciencemag.org/content/362/6412/eaam9288 <http://science.sciencemag.org/content/362/6412/eaam9288>
Unfortunately, it’s paywalled, so those without a personal or institutional account may have trouble…Axel, do you know of any open access copy of it, either complete or as a preprint?

Other links of possible interest… My slides from the March irtfopen are at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-irtfopen-van-meter-and-wehner-vision-for-a-quantum-internet-research-group-02 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-irtfopen-van-meter-and-wehner-vision-for-a-quantum-internet-research-group-02>
If you want a MOOC on quantum computing with minimal math (preparatory for picking up a serious math-oriented quantum computing book), I’ll immodestly suggest
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/intro-to-quantum-computing/ <https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/intro-to-quantum-computing/>
which is still open for a few more weeks.
I could swear that I wrote up a reading list primer and sent it to the mailing list back in the spring, but I’m not seeing it.  One ML message with some links is
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/qirg/92Qk5ieHyFEsGNPEaRG6PLND1M4 <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/qirg/92Qk5ieHyFEsGNPEaRG6PLND1M4>

		—Rod