Subject: [103attendees] visa and taxi

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 09:36:07 +0700

do i need something from the secretariat to get into the united states?
will i be searched and my internet accounts scraped by the amerikan
immigration people?  is it safe to take a taxi from san francisco
airport to san jose, and how much will it cost?  can i safely eat the
food and drink the water?

randy

---

From: Layal Jebran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 02:59:57 +0000

Hey Randy,

It’s mainly safe to travel from the airport in SF via tuk tuk. However you have to be careful, if your passport gets stamped with the pink stamp you’re in trouble, if they stamp the invisible one you’re okay!

Best,

Layal G. Jebran

Regional Community Manager, Middle East
Internet Society

Mobile: +961 3 933 234 | Skype: layaljebran

On Nov 9, 2018, at 09:36, Randy Bush <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

randy

--
103attendees mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/103attendees

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 10:05:04 +0700

Randy,

You can bring something, but I don't think it'll help.

> immigration people?

It's possible, but the odds are against it unless you get them upset (word
to the wise).

> is it safe to take a taxi from san francisco
> airport to san jose, and how much will it cost?

Certainly safe, but Uber will be cheaper.

> can i safely eat the

I think that's a personal decsion more than anything else.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 03:21:33 +0000

> On 9 Nov 2018, at 02:36, Randy Bush <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Over and above your usual black helicopter and special tinfoil hat?