Subject: [103attendees] Carded on Sukhumvit

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 03:17:12 -0500

103 Attendees,

I was asked to post this to the list for awareness.

I was carded on Sukhumvit road walking home from the Marriott to the
Hilton the other day.  The local police enforcement had a setup on the
south side by the park.

I was told I needed my passport for ID (which I had in my hotel).  The
officer was not happy - but finally accepted my Nexus (looks like
Global Entry) card reluctantly.

The did a full search on me (pat down) and had me remove my money,
cards, phone case, etc.   The officer told me my Drivers License
(Canadian) was not valid ID for a foreigner .  Just letting folks know
to be on the watch out if you are walking about in the evening.

regards,

Victor K

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 18:17:17 +0700

What time of day was this?

Thanks!

Ben.

> On Nov 4, 2018, at 3:17 PM, Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 103 Attendees,
> 
> -- 
> 103attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/103attendees