Subject: [106all] IETF 106 Host Speaker Series Topic: 5G Impact on Networks - Edge Cloud and Slicing

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 00:35:51 -0800

IETF 106, Hosted by Nokia!

Host Speaker Series webpage: https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/106/ietf106-hostseries/

Topic: 5G Impact on Networks - Edge Cloud and Slicing
Speakers: Wim Henderickx, Brian Walsh, Reza Rokui

5G requires service providers to fundamentally reconsider how they
deliver services across their infrastructure. Virtualized packet core
and MEC applications will be delivered from new Edge Cloud
infrastructure; 5G network slicing will require E2E SLA’s for eMBB,
URLLC, MIoT, C-V2X slices optimized around different network
characteristics; E2E services must be orchestrated and assured, with
SLA’s monitored throughout their entire lifecycle; and all this must be
done while achieving an improved total cost of ownership. This session
will describe how Nokia is addressing these fundamental changes through
its Network Function Interconnect (NF-IX) architecture, and some of the
relevant IETF work enabling a standards-based introduction of these
capabilities.

Logistics:

        • Room: Collyer
        • Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019
        • Time: 12:30 – 13:15
        • Lunch will be provided on a first come first serve basis

Speakers' Biography:

Mr. Wim Henderickx is Director Network Consulting Engineering & PLM –
Technology in the ION Division at Nokia, based in Belgium. Mr.
Henderickx provides senior level consulting on advanced IP solutions for
Service provider and Enterprise customers around: Cloud Networking
(SDN/NFV), Triple Play, Mobile, IOT, etc. He has over 20 years’
experience in the communications and networking industry, and is a
regular speaker at technical conferences all over the world. He is
active in a number of SDO’s like IETF, BBF, openStack, etc.

Mr. Henderickx holds a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineer, Data
Communications and a Masters degree in Economy and is a Bell Labs
Fellow.

Brian Walsh is Head of Product Manager & Consulting Engineer for the
APAC Region, responsible for 7x50, SROS, NSP and Deepfield. Brian has
been part of the IP Division for the past 14 years and has extensive
international experience working with customers in the
Telecommunications, Cloud and Industry Verticals sectors spanning
Europe, Middle-East, Africa, and Asia Pacific.

Brian holds a Bachelor of Computer Engineering from Sydney University
with first-class honours.

Reza Rokui is the director of NSP carrier SDN platform at Nokia. He is
solution PLM responsible for 5G and the role of Carrier SDN on 5G E2E
network slicing. He possesses over 20 years of experience in
telecommunication industry with track record in software engineering,
research and development and product management with a diverse
background. He was previously senior PLM for Nokia automanted
policy-based service provisioning with network and service resource
awareness. He was also responsible for support of all SR products in
areas of Services, Routing, Policy, OAM and Evolved Packet Core on NSP.
He is one of the architects of Nokia Control Plane Assurance Manager
(CPAM) route analytics, which delivers real-time visualization and
troubleshooting for IP/MPLS network.  He worked previously at Nortel
Network SPAR Aerospace. Reza holds a Ph.D. degree in Control and
Robotics from Concordia University in Canada and a master’s degree in
electrical engineering from Sharif University of Technology.