Subject: [106attendees] Etherpad back online

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:39:31 -0800

All -

As many of you know, Etherpad was reported to be malfunctioning at the
beginning of IETF106.

Because this was reported right as 106 was starting, with lines at
registration and many people trying to view the agenda and other
resources, extensive ("intrusive") debugging could not be performed on
the spot.  Instead, a workaround was put in to enable everyone to use
Etherpad and get things back online quickly.

Last night, while you all slept (during my "daytime" in California), I
was able to take everything offline for a bit, find the problems with
Etherpad, and get them fixed.  The direct IP/Port workaround has been
closed back up, and Etherpad is now working again at
https://etherpad.ietf.org/ .

Of course, I'm just one person testing this right now while (almost)
everyone else is offline.  Our mileage may vary once our load
increases.  If further problems are discovered, I'll be online for
most of your day, and I can switch the workaround back on again if
needed.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)