Subject: [106attendees] Let's have some fun: PechaKucha & friends

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 15:14:35 -0400

A reminder and invitation to contemplate as you prepare for the 
Singapore IETF...

This is a call for participation in a social event around satirical 
short talks.  (There is usually beer involved.)  In the past, talks 
needed to fit the PechaKucha format but it is rather strict (20 slides, 
each on screen for 20 seconds, minimal text).  So, I’d like to repeat 
the experiment we tried in Montreal.  Any talk format will be allowed 
(including PK) with a maximum length of 7 minutes.  As before, the 
topics are encouraged to be a IETF-related and satirical or 
controversial in some way, although not mean-spirited.  Anyone can 
participate in this unofficial social event.

Date: Thursday evening (November 21) starting at 9:30pm in Sophia.

If you haven’t been to one of these events, Here are two of my 
personal favorites from prior IETFs by 
[Pete](http://bapk-videos.mamadrum.net/old/IETF-099-Prague-videos/07-pete-resnick-8.mp4) 
and 
[Brian](http://bapk-videos.mamadrum.net/old/IETF-099-Prague-videos/IETF-096-Berlin-videos/2_trammel-8.mp4). 
  Video from the past BA PKs can be found 
[here](http://bapk-videos.mamadrum.net).

If you want to do a pechakucha, there are lots of online tutorials and 
suggestions for how to make a good PechaKucha.  Here are a few: 
[[1](http://www.pechakucha.org/)], 
[[2](http://blog.indezine.com/2012/05/10-tips-to-create-and-present-pecha.html)], 
[[3](https://catherinecronin.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/pecha-kucha/)].

As my friend, Spencer, says: “Make good decisions, People!”

Format Details:

* Presentation slots are open to all, assigned first come, first served.
* To reserve a presentation slot, send a name and title to 
[email-masked] and receive confirmation.
* Presenters must agree to limit their talks to less than 7 minutes 
(strictly enforced using the Lars Eggert Approach).
* Slides are due Thursday 6pm in Powerpoint or PDF.