Subject: [106attendees] Pools?

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 22:25:52 -0500

Wondering if anyone has good intel on lap pools in SIN?

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Nov 2019 16:59:04 +0800

There are nice municipal pools set up for lap swimming like this one:

https://www.myactivesg.com/facilities/toa-payoh-swimming-complex

Unfortunately, they're where people live, not downtown so the closest
one seems to be about 20 mins away.

---

From: Deb Cooley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 15:38:28 -0500

I just managed to subscribe to this list... not sure what the issue
is/was....

The Swisshotel/Fairmont pool is round, but nearly long enough (as I recall
it is a little short of 25 yards).  Lack of lane lines, and rounded walls
make it tricky for flip turns, but if you are staying there the price is
right and it is close.

I also found this:  https://www.sportshub.com.sg/programme?category=20
Pretty fantastic - 2 50 meter pools, entry looks to be $2.60Sin.  But
because of local events looks to be open only M-Th 0700-2200.  Looks to be
4K away by foot.  If it were open earlier, and if I wasn't a gimpy as I am
(I rolled my ankle 2 weeks ago), I'd up for an early morning field trip.

The other place, that I looked at, but didn't really do much investigation
is the YMCA down the street.  I've used YMCAs in various countries, but
this one is a hotel.  From Gmaps, the pool looks big enough.  No idea what
the depth or wall situation is.

Deb Cooley

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 3:59 AM John Levine <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> 106attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/106attendees
>

---

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 07:44:57 +0800

Thank you, Deb! I just swam the Swissôtel pool and the staff at the pool
says it's 19 m (~21 yd) and it's not bad at all (opens at 06:30). There are
what appear to be pretty permanent lane markers:

Will definitely be interested in trying the Y or one of those 50 m if
anyone is game for a field trip