Subject: [109attendees] Meetecho 'prova' test was absent

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 17:45:18 +0100

At IETF108 there was a 'prova' meetecho test link.  At it, one could
test devices and connectivity prior to the meeting.

But that meetecho test room disappeared at IETF 109.

I think a meetecho test service is a useful tool to ensure smoother
running of the meeting.

(it is also true that device switching buttons and other 'pre-flight'
audio/video tests became available at IETF 109; for which I thank)

Alex

---

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 18:13:20 +0100

Hi Alex,

two testing rooms were actually available, one for wg chairs and the 
other for everybody. This was captured in the user guides available on 
the IETF website.

The address for the participant testing room was (and still is for a few 
hours/days, until we tear down the service):

	https://az.conf.meetecho.com/conference/?group=hallway

Cheers,
Alessandro

---

From: Alexandre PETRESCU <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 20:54:37 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for the test URL.

I just logged in and tried a manipulation of setting properly my USB 
cam.  My camera now works ok.  I needed this test URL, because I cant 
test setting the camera properly while the meeting is running - 
everybody would see my camera stream.  There is indeed a pre-flight 
selection of camera devices, but what that pre-flight test shows is 
different than what is shown during the meeting.

Thanks a lot for meetecho overall.  I hope it will continue at the next 
IETF, because now I am used to it.

Yours,

--
Alexandre Petrescu
[email-masked], tél 0169089223