Subject: [110attendees] Chat services during IETF 110

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 13:02:55 -0600

Please be aware of the ongoing chat services trials during IETF 110.

There are instances of matrix and zulip running at

https://matrix-trial1.ietf.org and https://zulip-trial1.ietf.org, 
respectively.

They are bridged into xmpp.

There is also a web interface into the xmpp chatrooms at 
https://xmpp-trial1.ietf.org. This service also allows the creation of 
accounts, and can be used with any xmpp client.

Each Meetecho session provides its own view into the xmpp chatroom 
associated with the group's meeting. That chat can be participated in 
through any of the three services.

For more information see:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/UtPuWgXhYbjyf7wHGJh4ax4kQrA/

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/B1b71fKWGfAq0ZKJ0KSwxzn7WgI/

Discussion of the effectiveness of these services is encouraged. We are 
particularly interested in hearing about the following:

* Is providing local jabber accounts and a web interface to jabber 
sufficient to address the access issues encountered in the past?

* Are there features that matrix or zulip provide that are truly helpful 
for progressing IETF work? If so, please describe how they are helping.

Discussion should take place at [email-masked], but we will also 
be watching #trial1-feedback on both zulip and matrix.

Robert Sparks - Tools Team Chair