Subject: [111attendees] Fwd: [111all] IETF 111 - Post-meeting follow up, survey and special thanks

From: Nigel Hickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 19:55:33 +0100

Jay

Good afternoon.  Thank you for this. While there was a lot of substance for
consideration and further thought, I did just want to make a couple of
non-policy observations as a newcomer to IETF Meetings.

The first would be to thank the IETF Secretariat (and no doubt others) for
making us so welcome, not least in Newcomer sessions and during the meeting
itself.  Additionally the platform used was pretty user friendly and
encouraged interaction and dialogue.

The second would be to encourage some thinking (and perhaps this has
already taken place) on how the sessions themselves might be structured in
a way to make them more user friendly for both newcomers and those joining
the discussion in a working group after a time away.  Some form of summary
/ update at the start of a session setting out where the Group has reached
and the expectations of the dialogue to take place might be useful. This
could, one supposes, be effected in a couple of opening slides or in the
"chat".  Thought could also be given to the conduct of the chat itself,
often very informative and useful in supplementing the presentations, but
sometimes riddled with historical references, obscure acronyms and some
pretty hostile exchanges.

Many regards

Nigel

On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 23:20, IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> IETF 111
> 26-30 July 2021
> Hosted by Juniper
>
> IETF 111 has concluded.  Thank you all participants, chairs, presenters,
> contractors and staff who worked hard to put this meeting together.  This
> was our largest fully online meeting to date with over 1300 observed
> participants.  Full stats will follow in a later blog post.
>
> Recordings of IETF 111 sessions are at
>
>
> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC86T-6ZTP5ik187oPfRrOUaMw1AuLLi6
>
>
> This meeting has sparked a great discussion about the features of the
> services we provide to support participation, including the Datatracker
> agenda, Meetecho and CodiMD, all of which will be followed up on to improve
> the experience further.
>
> We would really like to get more feedback through our short post-meeting
> survey that will only take you a few minutes to complete:
>
>         https://ietf.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6PR0tAZvEidoY7A
>
> I hope it’s becoming clear to people who have attended multiple meetings
> that we really do listen to the feedback in this survey and use that to
> drive improvements to the meeting experience.
>
>
> A final big thanks to Juniper for hosting this meeting and thank you also
> to our Gold Diversity and Inclusivity sponsors, Akamai and Cisco, and to
> our Bronze sponsors, Comcast, Donuts, ICANN and Verisign.
>
>
> --
> Jay Daley
> IETF Executive Director
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> --
> 111all mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/111all
>

---

From: gang Antgam <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 02:53:24 +0430

در تاریخ دوشنبه ۲ اوت ۲۰۲۱،‏ ۲۳:۲۶ Nigel Hickson <nigel.hickson=
[email-masked]> نوشت:

>
>
> Jay
>
> Good afternoon.  Thank you for this. While there was a lot of substance
> for consideration and further thought, I did just want to make a couple of
> On Sun, 1 Aug 2021 at 23:20, IETF Executive Director <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> IETF 111
>> 26-30 July 2021
>> Hosted by Juniper
>>
> 111attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/111attendees
>