Subject: [113-newcomers] Fwd: Connections - A post-IETF 113 Forum

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 09:42:33 +0530

Hi,

For newcomers to IETF 113, the Connections event should be of interest.

There is also a pre-event on 2nd April (Saturday) focused on new-comers
with the following agenda -

   -

   Introduction to IETF at a high level
   -

      Dhruv Dhody
      -

   Chat with long term IETFers
   -

      Adrian Farrel, Allison Mankin, Fred Baker, Praneet Kaur (Moderator)
      -

   Chat with IETF participants from India
   -

      Tirumaleswar Konda, Abhijan Bhattacharyya, Gurshabad Grover, Ketan
      Talaulikar, Mohit P. Tahiliani (Moderator)
      -

   Experience sharing from IETF Newcomers
   -

      Ameya Deshpande, Abhishek Kumar
      -

   How to write internet-drafts with Markdown/GitHub (***)
   -

      Barbara Stark

This should be of interest to you.

Also, check out the full agenda - https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/abstract
 and register for the event -
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yHwimAdERDecnzVRWAmSVA

Thanks!
Dhruv

(***) For Barbara's Markdown/GitHub session, here is a preparatory note
from her:

If you would like to actively participate, you should have a GitHub
> account already set up. See instructions in Section 3 of:
>
> https://bhstark2.github.io/connections-practice-draft/#go.draft-stark-connections-pre-event-draft.html
> The GitHub repository for this practice draft (which we will be editing)
> is at:
> https://github.com/bhstark2/connections-practice-draft

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 10:00 PM
Subject: Connections - A post-IETF 113 Forum
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

In case you are having an IETF meeting withdrawal, we have the next best
thing - a post-IETF 113 online forum called Connections -
https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/ 😊

You will find some familiar speakers and topics from IETF / IRTF being
looked at in-depth.

India Internet Engineering Society (IIESoc <https://www.iiesoc.in/>) & Industry
> Network Technology Council (INTC <https://industrynetcouncil.org/>) will
> be organizing the 5th iteration of Connections
> <https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/> as a fully online event on April
> 2-8, 2022.  The timing of the event would be 19:30 IST, 14:00 UTC, 10:00
> ET, 07:00 PT for 2.5 hours each day.

The first Connections event was held in Bangalore in 2017 (with a
> subsequent one also in Bangalore in 2018). The third Connections event was
> held in Kolkata in 2019 before we went fully online in 2020 because of the
> pandemic. *This iteration will also be fully online, free, and generously
> sponsored by the Internet Society, APNIC Foundation, Juniper Networks &
> Cisco Systems.*
> Full schedule - https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/programme
> with abstract - https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/abstract
> and speaker - https://www.connections.iiesoc.in/speakers
>  Hope to see you there! Please register -
> https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_yHwimAdERDecnzVRWAmSVA

Thanks!
Dhruv