Subject: [113-newcomers] IETF 113 information for newcomers upcoming remote and onsite events

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 10:33:04 -0700

# IETF 113 Sessions for New Participants
A new post on the IETF Blog highlights sessions during the IETF 113
meeting likely to include discussions and new proposals that are
accessible to a broad range of Internet technologists whether they are
new to the IETF or long- time participants:

https://www.ietf.org/blog/ietf113-new-participants/

Come join these exciting Newcomers events next week!

# Virtual events online 

## Virtual Coffee Breaks
The IETF Newcomers Coffee Breaks are 20-minute gatherings where you can
quickly meet other newcomers and experienced IETFers. Share thoughts on
how your week is going or ask any questions that you might have. This
will take place in the IETF 113 Gather space.

- Tuesday, March 22 at 11:00 UTC/ 04:00 PT/ 07:00 ET/ 20:00 JST
- Thursday, March 24 at 13:00 UTC/ 06:00 PT/ 09:00 ET/ 22:00 JST

Join in Gather: https://gather.town/app/L4fNNdm1NJa1sE2v/ietf
Password:notewell

If you have not used Gather previously, you are encouraged to review the
introduction (https://support.gather.town/help/getting-started).

## Virtual Quick Connections
Newcomers’ Quick Connections is a simple and effective way for newcomers
to meet a variety of experienced IETF attendees — often working group
(WG) chairs — who can help you get more involved in your areas of
interest.

When: Sunday, March 20 at 15:00-16:00 UTC 
Where: IETF Gather. Join at:https://gather.town/app/L4fNNdm1NJa1sE2v/ietf
Password: notewell

Please follow the floor arrows marked “Quick Connections” to a Gather room
configured specifically for the event.

NOTE: Pre-registration is strongly suggested and space is limited. You
can sign up for Newcomers’ Quick Connections through your attendee
dashboard by inputting the unique confirmation number at the end of the
link Below (i.e.
https://registration.ietf.org/113/attendee-dashboard/YOURREGISTRATION#/)
. Direct link to your dashboard is also available in your confirmation
email.

# Onsite events in Vienna

## Onsite Newcomers Overview Tutorial
When: Sunday, March 20 at 11:30-12:30 UTC
Where: Park Suite 9

A Newcomers’ Sunday tutorial will also be available for remote
participation via Meetecho and will be linked from the agenda.

## Onsite Quick Connections
When: Sunday, March 20 at 15:00-16:00 UTC
Where: Park Ensemble of the Hilton Vienna Park Hotel

NOTE: Pre-registration is required and space is limited. You can sign up
for Newcomers’ Quick Connections here:
https://forms.gle/8qFjLHqc2Bd6kZR47

## Onsite Newcomers Dinner
When: Monday, March 21 at 18:00-19:30 UTC
Where: Restaurant Lenz Overflow Room in the Hilton Vienna Park Hotel

An informal Newcomer’s dinner for newcomers. If you are interested in
joining, please note that there is a $25 entrance fee as this is not an
IETF funded event, it is organized by the Secretariat. RSVP is available
on your attendee dashboard.

## Onsite Feedback Session
When: Thursday, March 24 at 07:30-08:30 UTC 
Where: Grand Klimt Hall 3

A hot breakfast will be served at the newcomers feedback session. We are
always eager to get feedback on the effectiveness of our newcomer
related activities. What do you wish you’d known before you arrived?
Which programs or activities were especially helpful and which programs
or activities need to be revised? We’d like to hear from you, so please
plan to attend.