Subject: Re: [113attendees] Registration open for IETF 113

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 11:19:06 +0100

On 2022-01-28, at 11:09, Mark Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Full refund before the cut off date. See the announcement email up thread. 

… and the FAQ at https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/113/faq/ additionally reveals that you can downgrade from onsite to remote while keeping the fee tier (e.g., early bird) from the onsite registration.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:54:54 -0500

I've registered, booked the hotel.

I anticipating making a final decision next week when I book my airline
ticket.  Originally I thought I get a direct flight only on Wednesdays,
but it appears it runs Wed/Sat/Monday, so that's good.

Is there an ETA on understanding what the food/eating situation in the hotel
will be?    I generally do better in an Airbnb with a kitchen, so I might
change to that, depending upon the story at the hotel.

Is breakfast included in the hotel fee (it usually is in Europe), and how
will that work?

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:38:28 +0100

Michael Richardson writes:
> Is breakfast included in the hotel fee (it usually is in Europe),

I checked my reservation (using the lowest IETF rate), and it stated
that breakfast buffet (and "basic internet" :-) are in fact included.

> and how will that work?

Well, here's how generally works in most European countries: You go
there as usual, wearing a mask (FFP2 as currently mandated in Austria),
possibly have to show proof of vaccination etc. (maybe you won't need to
because you've already managed to get inside the hotel).  You may then
take off your mask (only) while sitting at your table.

I've seen situations (e.g. Italy in Summer 2020) where self service at
buffets was not allowed; but as far as I see, it *is* currently allowed
in Austria where precautions are in place to limit contamination
(source: austria.info).

The general tendency in Austra (as in other European countries) now
seems to be towards looser rules; for example curfew will move from
22:00 (10PM) to 24:00 (midnight) on 5 February, and the 2G rule will be
dropped for accessing stores on 12 February.  Let's see how this evolves
by mid-March...
-- 
Simon.