Subject: [113attendees] 113 plenary time, the 112 experiment, and eating on site

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:53:23 -0500

Hi, at IETF112 we had the plenary the wednesday the week before.
I've heard rumour that 113 will do this as well.

I haven't decided to travel yet, I will make that decision in about a week's
time.  If I do travel, I think that I will be travelling on Wednesday,
because that's the only day when the only direct flights from Montreal/Vienna
are.
I think that direct flights will be better because it involves fewer
juridictions that might change their policies at the last minute.

A Wednesday afternoon (Vienna) time plenary might be okay, because time zones
puts that earlier in my day, and the flight is at night.  But, this might
have an affect on travel plans for others as well, so if this experiment is
to be repeated, please tell us sooner.

I also would like to know about Hackathon.
Week before?  Sat/Sun?
Maybe Wed->Sun?

Related to this is eating.  If we wear masks outside of our rooms, that kinda
suggests that we have to return to our rooms to eat.   With our compressed 6-hour
with two 30 minute breaks virtual meeting schedule, that sounds difficult,
but maybe not impossible... provided we can stay hydrated.
Can we take swigs of water from a water bottle under our masks?

One of the pleasures of meeting in person is eating and drinking together.
The original *bar bof*
That's essentially one of the core parts of socialization I think, going back
to ancient stuff about how breaking bread creates a bond...
Eating together while working together is one reason the Hackathon has been
so effective at advancing work.

I did review the FAQ, but I didn't see a lot about that part.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )
           Sandelman Software Works Inc, Ottawa and Worldwide

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:09:08 +0200

Hi,

> I've heard rumour that 113 will do this as well.

there are no plans to schedule the 113 plenary outside the meeting week.

Thanks,
Lars

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 20:12:23 +0200

Hi,

> I also would like to know about Hackathon.

AFAIK this is planned for the Sat+Sun (weekend before).

Thanks,
Lars