Subject: [113attendees] RESTful manipulation of DNS records

From: Hans-Joerg Happel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:00:54 +0100

Hi,

in case there's somebody around who is interested or has some more 
background on RESTful/JSON-based APIs for setting/updating DNS records 
(e.g. Domain Connect [1]), I'd love to have a short chat.

(Besides, any other pointer appreciated!)

Thanks and best,
Hans-Joerg

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carney-regext-domainconnect/

-- 
audriga GmbH
Durlacher Allee 47
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel: +49 (0) 721 17029 316
Fax: +49 (0) 721 17029 3179

[email-masked]
https://www.audriga.com

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mannheim - HRB 713034
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Frank Dengler, Dr. Hans-Jörg Happel
USt-ID: DE 279724142

---

From: Pawel Kowalik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:12:41 +0100

Hi Hans-Joerg,

I'm not on site unfortunately, just joining virtually, but I'm happy to
have a chat with you on domainconnect and DNS API.

IETF draft hasn't been updated for a while, unfortunately, the actual
specification is maintained here
https://github.com/Domain-Connect/spec/blob/master/Domain%20Connect%20Spec%20Draft.adoc

Pawel Kowalik

Expert Domain Processes and Identity
Domain Services

1&1 IONOS SE | Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 5 | 76137 Karlsruhe | Germany
Phone: +49 721 91374-6571 | Fax: +49 7261 913538
E-mail: [email-masked] | Web: www.ionos.de

Hauptsitz Montabaur, Amtsgericht Montabaur, HRB 24498

Vorstand: Hüseyin Dogan, Dr. Martin Endreß, Claudia Frese, Henning Kettler,
Arthur Mai, Matthias Steinberg, Achim Weiß
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Markus Kadelke

Member of United Internet

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder gesetzlich geschützte Informationen
enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Adressat sind oder diese
E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, unterrichten Sie bitte den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Anderen als dem bestimmungsgemäßen Adressaten
ist untersagt, diese E-Mail zu speichern, weiterzuleiten oder ihren Inhalt
auf welche Weise auch immer zu verwenden.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
saving, distribution or use of the content of this e-mail in any way is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete the e-mail.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022 at 10:01, Hans-Joerg Happel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 113attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/113attendees
>

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 11:11:22 +0100

Hi, Hans-Joerg,

I am not on-site and not joining the online sessions either - sorry 
about that.

For some reason I kept my subscription to this email list up, even 
though normally an 'attendees' list is only for meeting attendees, 
online or in-person.

I am interested in automated updates of the DNS records, even though the 
subject I am interested into could also be performed manually, by a 
simple one-time 'vi db.something' line command.

The topic I am interested into is, technically, what are the 
possibilities to remove a .country-level domain name, accompanied by a 
smooth migration of its subdomains (subdomain.country-level) to another 
.country-level that is perfectly existing and legitimate. This can be 
necessary in some situation where a .country-level might not exist 
legally but the respective domain name to still be there for some 
unknown historical reason, but can create problems.  Some people 
expressed that it is impossible technically to remove such 
.country-level domain name simply, probably impossible altogether.  The 
domain name in question is .su and the country that does not exist is 
Soviet Union, since approximately 30 years ago now.  There might be 
other similar situations where such .country-level domain name (ccTLD is 
called by some) exist.

Alex