Subject: [113attendees] HotRFC at IETF-113 -- Call for participation

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 13:41:45 -0500

*Do you have an idea, problem space, or proposal that IETFers should hear
about?*
*Do you want to propose IETF or IRTF work but aren’t sure if your idea is
ready or who will be interested?*

Agenda requests are now being accepted for the Request for Conversation
(HotRFC) lightning talk session. Presenters will have 4 minutes to make
their case for collaboration. Interested folks can continue the discussion
after the session. Goals include encouraging brainstorming conversations,
helping new work proposals find collaborators, raising awareness of
relevant work going on elsewhere, and promoting BarBoFs. Past HotRFC topics
covered a broad range of topics:

*Collaboration:* proposals for new standards work or new research topics
that haven't been discussed elsewhere, potentially relevant research that
may be ready for the IETF
*Notification:* new topics on the agenda in a working group or research
group, cross-area IETF work
*Enlightenment:* updates on relevant technologies, industry advances that
could affect IETF participants.

With strict time limits, concise talks will give viewers a sense of whether
they’d like to know more and, importantly, coordinates on how to do so.

With the hybrid meeting we’re going to keep things rather simple and permit
only live presentations, either on-site or remote via MeetEcho.  Slides
must be submitted in advance. Video of the session will be recorded for
later viewing.

   - To request a slot, submit a short abstract to [email-masked] no later
   than Friday, March 18th, 2400 UTC that includes the following
      - Talk title
      - Presenter, Affiliation
      - Short topic abstract (topics should be IETF-related in some way)
      - Coordinates to learn more, contact those involved, &/or relevant
      formal or side meetings
   - All talks will be presented live, whether in-person or MeetEcho
      - Slides (ppt or pdf) must be submitted to [email-masked] no later
      than Saturday, March 19th, 2400 UTC.
      - TALKS MUST BE NO MORE THAN 4 MINUTES IN LENGTH.  *At four minutes
      exactly, we cut the microphone and transition to the next speaker.*
   - The session will be on *Sunday, March 20th at TIME_TBD*, (expected to
   be during or after the IETF Welcome Reception)

Talk abstracts will be posted on the meeting agenda and will be updated as
requests come in.

Thanks to Spencer Dawkins who will be chairing the session on-site.  I hope
you’ll tune in.

--aaron & Spencer