Subject: Re: [16ng] 16ng Proposed Charter

From: Syam Madanapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:14:13 +0530

Hello Daniel,

Please see my inline comments, mostly editorial comments.

-Syam

Description of Working Group:

[cut]
....
. Additionally, IEEE 802.16e
is an amendment that adds support for mobility over the base
IEEE 802.16 specification

--> Before you talk about 802.16e, it is better what 802.16 base
specification specifies.
e.g. 8021.16 defines PHY and MAC for fixed/nomadic users.
Additionally, IEEE 802.16e is an amendment that adds mobility
support for the base specification.
----------
.
.....
IEEE 802.16(e) is different from existing wireless access technologies
such as IEEE 802.11 or 3G,
......

--> May be we can mention about the point to multipoint architecture
and connection oriented flavor.
And can we say it is different from 3G?

...
For example: immediately subsequent to network entry,

--> 'immediately' can be removed.
----

an 802.16
subscriber station has no capability whatsoever for data (as opposed
to management) connectivity.

--> BS may initiate an initial connection setup for DHCP.
I heard from the NWG members.
----

...
an 802.16 subscriber station is not capable of
multicasting (e.g., for neighbor discovery) or direct communication
to the other nodes in the network.

--> May other nodes that are attached to the same BS or BSs in
a subnet.

...
As for fast mobility, the characteristics of IEEE 802.16e link-layer
---> Instead of 'As for fast mobility' just 'For fast handovers'

...
The principal objective of the 16ng BoF is to identify what
limitations and considerations apply to IPv6 adoption over
IEEE 802.16(e), and to propose available solutions. T

--> 16ng will be developing recommendations for IPv6 over
802.16. 16ng will reuse available solutions wherever feasible.
---