Subject: [16ng] REMINDER: Invitation for 16ng Interim meeting in Frankfurt area, Germany, September 12-13, 2006

From: "Riegel, Maximilian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:59:52 +0200

Please book your hotel room _now_ if you are planning to attend the 16ng
Interim meeting. There are still some rooms out of the room block
available and I arranged with the hotel that the deadline for making use
of this room block is extended to August, 19th.
I was informed that hotel rooms may run short for the dates of the
interim meeting when booking late.

Bye
Max

-----Original Message-----
Invitation to the IETF 16ng Interim meeting, September 12-13, Frankfurt
area, Germany

Siemens has the pleasure to invite the IETF 16ng WG to the interim
meeting to take place in Mannheim, Germany. Mannheim is about 40 miles
south of Frankfurt and has excellent public transport connections to
Frankfurt Airport (FRA). The meeting will start on Tuesday morning,
September 12th, 2006 at about 10:00 and will end on Wednesday afternoon,
September 13th, 2006 at approximately 16:00. (Exact times subject to
agenda planning.)

Key Dates:
==========
       Last day for booking reserved Hotel      Monday, Aug 14th, 2006
       Last day to register for the meeting     Friday, Sept 1st, 2006
       IETF 16ng Interim Meeting                Sept 12 - 13, 2006

Below please find some initial information about the arrangements:

Meeting Site:
-------------
  The venue of this meeting will be:
       Hotel Steigenberger Mannheimer Hof
       Augustaanlage 4-8
       68165 Mannheim
       Germany

       Ph:  +49 621 4005-0 (Front desk)
       Fax: +49 621 4005-190
       http://www.mannheim.steigenberger.de

The meeting site is located near to the Mannheim main station (5 mins
walking distance).
Hotel rooms have been block-booked in the hotel with a special rate.
Below you will find additional information for making bookings within
this block of rooms.

Please use the excellent public transport system between Frankfurt
Airport and Mannheim Main Station to reach the meeting venue. High-speed
trains (German ICE) are going nonstop nearly every half an hour with a
travel time of about 30 mins. A schedule can be found by
http://www.max.franken.de/16ng/fraf2f/train-schedule_FRA_MANNHEIM.pdf
('Hbf' = Main Station, 'Flughafen' = Airport).

Registration:
-------------
Registration is required for participation in the 16ng Interim even when
there is no meeting fee (thanks to Siemens:-). Please send an email to
Reinhard Gloger (mailto:[email-masked]) with the subject
line: '16ng Registration' and the following information:
       Name
       email-address (if different to from: line)
       Affiliation
       Hotel, you are staying during the meeting
       Days of participation (both, first, second)
       In case, request for vegetarian meals.

The last day to register for this 16ng Interim meeting is September 1st,
2006. 

Visa:
-----
The host company, Siemens Communication, will provide, on request, the
invitation letter for visa applications. To request a letter of
invitation please send the following information to  Reinhard Gloger
([email-masked]) or Max Riegel
([email-masked]):
       Name
       Date of Birth 
       Passport Nbr.
       Date of Issue
       Date of Expire
       Nationality
You can find a list of countries whose citizens are subject to the visa
obligation at
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/diplo/en/WillkommeninD/EinreiseUndAufenth
alt/Visabestimmungen.html
	
Hotel Information:
------------------
Hotel block booking have been made at the Steigenberger Mannheimer Hof.
If you would like to make use of it, please contact the Steigenberger
Mannheimer Hof by phone, fax or email, indicating the meeting key word
"Siemens 11.09". Preferred conditions are available within the hotel
booking deadline August 14th, 2006 the latest. However the "first come
first served" principle applies.

       Hotel Steigenberger Mannheimer Hof
       Augustaanlage 4-8
       68165 Mannheim
       Germany

   Reservation:
       Ph:  +49 621 4005-187
       Fax: +49 621 4005-193
       mailto:[email-masked]

   Room rates per night:
       Single Economy:     EUR 90.00
       Single Comfort:    EUR 105.00
       VAT and breakfast included.

Please provide the following information when making hotel room
reservation:

    Reference: 'Siemens 11.09'
    Date of arrival:
    Date of departure:
    Room type (economy/comfort):
          (smoking/non-smoking):

    Name:
    Company:
    Street:
    City:
    Country:
    Phone:
    Fax:
    email:

    To garantee your booking please provide your credit card details:
    Credit card company:
    Card number:
    Cardholder:
    Valid thru:

Airport information:
--------------------
Information about the airport of Frankfurt/Main (FRA) can be found by 
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com/cms/default/rubrik/9/9682.airport_c
ity_en.htm
Information about getting to/from by train can be found by
http://www.airportcity-frankfurt.com/cms/default/rubrik/10/10311.way_tof
rom_the_terminal.htm
Frankfurt Airport has two railway stations. The long-distance railway
station, where the trains to Mannheim are leaving, is at the 'AIRail
Terminal', right next to Terminal 1. Trains arrive at and depart from
platforms 4 to 7.
Single fare for ICE trains to Mannheim Hbf (coach class) is EUR 20.00.

Further information:
--------------------
Please contact Reinhard Gloger (mailto:[email-masked]) or
Max Riegel (mailto:[email-masked]) for special cases.

Bye
Max
--
_______________________________________________________
Max Riegel, Siemens Com Mobile Networks Standardization
<[email-masked]>, Phone +49 89 636 75194