Subject: [16NG] Location-based TDMA patent auctioned at the April 19 OCEAN TOMO LIVE IP AUCTION

From: Gus Amouris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:44:04 -0500

Dear IETF WG members,

This is to let you know that the attached US Patent 7,082,111 and EP 
Patent 1,290,529 are being auctioned for sale at the OCEAN TOMO April 19 
Live IP Auction.

The patents relate to Space-Time Division Multiple Access (STDMA) for 
Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANET). STDMA is a location-based time slot 
allocation scheme that creates a virtual cellular TDMA structure with 
spatial reuse for mobile ad-hoc mesh networks.

Telecommunications_Lot_31.pdf provides a summary of STDMA, its primary 
applications, as well as the price range for the patents.  The 2001 IEEE 
GLOBECOM STDMA paper is also attached for anyone interested in further 
detail.

More information about the direct applicability of STDMA to vehicular 
and airborne networks (in addition to military ad-hoc mesh networks and 
commercial networks) can be found in the following links:
www.winlab.rutgers.edu/pub/IAB/spring_06/Gruteser_Talk_2.pdf 
<http://www.winlab.rutgers.edu/pub/IAB/spring_06/Gruteser_Talk_2.pdf>
http://spacecom.grc.nasa.gov/icnsconf/docs/2006/10_Session_C1/02-McNary.pdf

In addition, MANETs could play an important role in future 4G systems.

Attached you will also find an auction brochure that provides 
information about how the auction process works, the due diligence 
procedure, as well as a bidder registration form.

This is a great opportunity for your company to obtain a really broad 
patent (at true market value) that has the potential to become 'key' in 
a booming technology such as mobile ad-hoc mesh networks.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the patents.

Very Respectfully,
Konstantinos (Gus) Amouris
_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng