Subject: [16NG] traffic flow mapping

From: "vasanth varathan varathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:10:00 +0530

Hi all,

I have a doubts in mapping Qos paramater to DSA-REQ frame
While the MSS sends DSA-REQ message to obtain a new connection, how the
Service flow encoding (like
Traffic priority, Max sustained rate, Min reserved rate, Max Latency, etc..)
are mapped from
the above layers into the MAC CS layer??? if I get some feedback it will be
gud.

Thanks and Reg
Vasanth
_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:00:35 +0100

vasanth varathan varathan wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> I have a doubts in mapping Qos paramater to DSA-REQ frame While the 
> MSS sends DSA-REQ message to obtain a new connection, how the Service
>  flow encoding (like Traffic priority, Max sustained rate, Min 
> reserved rate, Max Latency, etc..) are mapped from the above layers 
> into the MAC CS layer??? if I get some feedback it will be gud.

HEre's good feedback.

It has been proposed in the past, as mailing list discussion, not draft,
to have a meaningful means to map the values of the IPv6 Traffic Class
field (the 6bit DSCP) into the 5(?) services of 802.16.

The proposal was rejected.  There were public reasons for that and also
SDO dependencies which are less clear at least to myself.

I still think it is a good idea and very necessary, but am waiting that
new opportunities arise for this idea.  Hence this mail :-)

In what context do you need this mapping?  Is it for an exploratory
project?  Is it for an innovative differentiator in a new product?  For
a small prototype?  For liaising to another Standards Body?

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________