Subject: [16NG] WG Action: Conclusion of IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks (16ng)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

The IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks (16ng) in the Internet Area has
concluded. The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

The 16ng working group has produced all of its deliverables and
completed its charter, and can now be closed. The working group was
primarily focused on WiMAX-oriented deployments of IEEE 802.16 and the
corresponding IP service. Participants in the WiMAX NWG (network
working group) took a very active or leading role in most of the tasks
in the 16ng working group, taking advantage of the IETF's broad
expertise to produce the 16bg working group deliverables.

The working group has produced an analysis and framework for
transmitting IP over IEEE 802.16 networks, and specific standards for
IP over IPv6 and Ethernet convergence sublayers. The WiMAX NWG
specifications point at 16ng's output as normative specifications for
both the "IPv6 CS" and "Ethernet CS" documents.

Jari and I thank all of the IETF participants who have contributed to
the various documents produced by the 16ng working group and to the
successful completion of the working group's charter. We especially
thank Gabriel Montenegro and Soohong Daniel Park who have chaired the
working group since its formation.

The mailing list will remain open and the list archive will be
retained.

- Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko, Internet ADs