Subject: [16NG] RFC 5948 on Transmission of IPv4 Packets over the IP Convergence Sublayer of IEEE 802.16

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5948

        Title:      Transmission of IPv4 Packets over 
                    the IP Convergence Sublayer of IEEE 
                    802.16 
        Author:     S. Madanapalli, S. Park,
                    S. Chakrabarti, G. Montenegro
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26553
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5948.txt

IEEE 802.16 is an air interface specification for wireless broadband
access.  IEEE 802.16 has specified multiple service-specific
Convergence Sublayers for transmitting upper-layer protocols.  The
Packet CS (Packet Convergence Sublayer) is used for the transport of
all packet-based protocols such as the Internet Protocol (IP) and
IEEE 802.3 (Ethernet).  The IP-specific part of the Packet CS enables
the transport of IPv4 packets directly over the IEEE 802.16 Media
Access Control (MAC) layer.

This document specifies the frame format, the Maximum Transmission
Unit (MTU), and the address assignment procedures for transmitting
IPv4 packets over the IP-specific part of the Packet Convergence
Sublayer of IEEE 802.16.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC