Subject: [3gv6] CFC - Simulation in Computer Network Design and Modeling: Use and Analysis - Proposals submission deadline: August 31, 2010

From: Hussein Al-Bahadili <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:02:47 +0300

*Simulation in Computer Network Design and Modeling: Use and Analysis*

Editor

*Hussein Al-Bahadili*

*The Arab Academy for Banking & Financial Sciences, Jordan, **
[email-masked]* <[email-masked]>*  *

Publisher

*IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.),
**www.igi-global.com*<http://www.igi-global.com/>
**

* *

*Call for Chapters: *

Proposals submission deadline: *June 30, 2010** **August 31, 2010 (Exteded
Deadline)*

Full chapters submission deadline: *October 30, 2010*

*Introduction*

      Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts for possible
publication in *Simulation in Computer Network Design and Modeling: Use and
Analysis*. This book will publish original material concerned with all
aspects of simulation on computer network design, modeling, analysis,
management, security, and performance evaluation. The primary mission of the
book is to be influential in the improvement and development of the theory
and practice of computer network design and modeling, appealing to
academics, researchers, and professionals. In the information technology age
and with tremendous advancement in computer and communication technologies,
computer networks have become an integral part of many organizations. It is
our further aim to provide enough examples to educate organizations on how
they can benefit from simulation to design, evaluate the performance, and
manage these valuable resources.

      Computer simulation is widely-used in investigating the performance of
existing and proposed computer networks designs, protocols, algorithms,
models, etc. The application of computer simulation can potentially improve
the quality and effectiveness of the network design and modeling. It is
generally unfeasible to implement a computer network design, protocol,
algorithm, or model before valid tests are performed to evaluate their
performance. It is clear that testing and evaluating such implementations
with real hardware is quite hard, in terms of the manpower, time, and other
resources. The preferred alternative is to model these algorithms in a
detailed simulator and then perform various scenarios to measure their
performance for various patterns of realistic computer networks environments
(e.g., connection media, node densities, node mobility, transmission range,
size of traffic, etc.). The main challenge to simulation is to model the
process as close as possible to reality; otherwise it could produce entirely
different performance characteristics from the ones discovered during actual
use. In addition, the simulation study must be repeatable, unbiased, r
ealistic, statistically sound, and cost-effective.

*
*

*Objectives of the Book*

      The main objectives of this book is to: present state-of-the-art
methodologies in computer networks simulation and modeling; illustrate the
benefits of simulation in computer networks design, modeling, and analysis;
Identify the main issues that face efficient and effective computer network
simulation; demonstrate by example how the performance of computer networks
can be evaluated; provide cutting edge research on the simulation and
modeling of computer networks; present the trends in computer networks
simulation and modeling; discuss the main features of current simulation
languages; point-out the main trends in simulation languages and tools;
introduce the most popular academic and professional computer networks
simulators; and finally provide a complete compilation of the problems which
arise during the use of simulation in computer network design and modeling,
and the solutions which are applied to them.

*Recommended Topics*

      Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:

·       Simulations techniques

·       Simulation in design and modeling of

-      Wireless PANs, LANs, MANs, WANs

-      Access point and mobile ad hoc networks

-      Wireless intelligent networks

-      Mesh networks

-      Wireless network algorithms and protocols

-      Integrated wired/wireless systems

-      Wireless multimedia systems

-      QoS provisioning in wireless and mobile networks

-      Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems

-      Algorithms and protocols for energy-efficiency and power control

-      Cellular networks

·       Computer networks simulators

·       Formal simulation and analysis of wireless systems

·       Simulation languages and tools for wireless systems

·       Mobility modeling and simulation

·       RF channel modeling, simulation, and analysis for different types of
wireless networks

·       Models and protocols for cognitive radio networks

·       Capacity, coverage, and connectivity modeling and analysis

·       Model and protocols for next generation networking

·       Performance evaluation of computer networks

·       Performance and resource management of computer networks

·       Performance and management of wireless multimedia systems

·       Performance and Management of broadband wireless management

·       Resource allocation in computer and cellular networks

·       Traffic measurement and analysis (wireless TCP, etc.)

·       Wireless security management

·       Interoperability and performance of heterogeneous wireless networks
of different standards

·       Correctness, survivability and reliability evaluation

* *

*Target Audience*

      The intended audience includes academics, researchers, post-graduate
students, developers, professionals, network designers, network analysts,
telecommunication system designers, technology specialists, practitioners, and
people who are interested in using simulation in computer network design and
modeling. Another projected audience is the under-graduate students studying
at departments of computer science, computer engineering, computer networks,
computer information systems, data communication systems. The book is
designed to be first choice reference at libraries at universities, academic
institutions, research and development centers, information technology
centers, and any institutions interested in using, design, modeling, and
analysis of computer networks. The book is designed to be used as a textbook
for courses teaching computer networks simulation and modeling for
under/post graduate students

* *

*Submission Procedure*

      Individuals interested in submitting chapters on the above-suggested
topics or other related topics should submit a 2-3 page chapter proposal
clearly explaining the mission and objectives of the proposed chapter to
Hussein Al-Bahadili, editor, at [email-masked]* <[email-masked]>,
by no later than *August 31, 2010*. We strongly encourage other topics that
have not been listed in our suggested list, particularly if the topic is
related to the research area in which you have expertise. Upon acceptance of
your proposal, you will have until *October 30, 2010*, to prepare your full
chapter of 8,000-10,000 words and 7-10 related terms and their appropriate
definitions. Guidelines for preparing your paper and terms and definitions
will be sent to you upon acceptance of your proposal. All full chapters will
undergo a double blind review process and chapter authors may be used as
reviewers.

*Publisher*

      This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea
Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea
Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference,” “Business Science
Reference,” and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional
information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This
publication is scheduled to be released in 2011.

*Important Dates*

·       Proposals submission deadline: June 30, 2010 August 31, 2010

·       Notification of proposals acceptance: September 15, 2010

·       Full chapter submission deadline: October 30, 2010

·       Review results to authors: January 15, 2011

·       Revised chapter submission deadline: February 15, 2011

·       Final acceptance notifications: February 28, 2011

·       Submission of Final Chapters deadline: March 15, 2011

*Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document):
*

Dr. Hussein Al-Bahadili**

The Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences

P. O. Box 13190, Amman 11942, Jordan

Phone: +962 6 550 2900 (Ext. 318)

Mobile: +962 796523978

Fax: +962 6 5105176

Email: [email-masked]