Subject: [5gangip] IETF 95 Side Meeting Wrap Up

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 14:46:19 -0500

Dear all,

First of all sorry for the organisational hurdles, but thanks for the
good attendence to the lunch break meeting and to all the presenters
for the enlighting presentations.

We had about 45 people in the room and over 10 people in MeetEcho!

   The questions which arose should be further discussed on this list
(or even in terms of corresponding drafts).

A preliminary list of topics would comprise:

- which additional gaps in 5G challenges are worth discussing?

- what are evolutionary aspects in 5G to be discussed at IETF? Which
visions and goals may evolve from the revolutionary (from
scratch/clean slate) approaches/ideas?

- what kind of complexity can/should be avoided in future 5G
architecture designs?

- do we need a new simplified IP plane layering?

- how to solve Transport flexibility?

- what hop-by-hop forwarding can solve congestion problems?

Any further comments welcome!
Best regards,

Behcet & Dirk