Subject: [5gangip] 4 drafts for HIP based mobility for 5GPP

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 08:28:42 -0400

I just uploaded 4 drafts (one a revision) that begin to fill out my 
proposal for using HIP to enable mobility for 5GPP.

I request and welcome all comments.  I will be at Seoul for any 
discussions.  There are at least 2 more drafts that I will work on after 
Seoul (other work and Jewish Holidays next month will keep me busy until 
then) that add to the proposal.

Bob

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-based-5gpp-ip-mobility-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-moskowitz-hip-based-5gpp-ip-mobility
Revision:    00
Title:        HIP Enabled ID/Loc separation for fast 5GPP IP mobility
Document date:    2016-09-27
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        7
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-based-5gpp-ip-mobility-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-based-5gpp-ip-mobility/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-based-5gpp-ip-mobility-00

Abstract:
    HIP [RFC7401] stands alone in providing a secure Endpoint ID for
    decoupling the Internetworking and Transport protocol layers.  The
    addition of a secure rendezvous service to facilitate mobility will
    form the cornerstones for this 5GPP mobility technology.  This
    document will describe complete mobility environment and the
    additional components needed.

======================================================================

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip
Revision:    01
Title:        Hierarchical HITs for HIPv2
Document date:    2016-09-26
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        14
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip-01.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip-01
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-hierarchical-hip-01

Abstract:
    This document describes using a hierarchical HIT to facilitate large
    deployments in mobile networks.

======================================================================

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-fast-mobility-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-moskowitz-hip-fast-mobility
Revision:    00
Title:        Fast HIP Host Mobility
Document date:    2016-09-26
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        10
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-fast-mobility-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-fast-mobility/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-fast-mobility-00

Abstract:
    This document describes mobility scenarios and how to aggressively
    support them in HIP.  The goal is minimum lag in the mobility event.

======================================================================

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-ipnhip-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:        draft-moskowitz-hip-ipnhip
Revision:    00
Title:        Encapsulation of IP within IP managed by HIP
Document date:    2016-09-28
Group:        Individual Submission
Pages:        10
URL: https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-hip-ipnhip-00.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-hip-ipnhip/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-hip-ipnhip-00

Abstract:
    This document defines how to encapsulate IP within IP when the tunnel
    is managed with HIPv2 [RFC7401].  The goal is reduced header size and
    improved security over IPnIP [RFC2003] and RFC2004 [RFC2004].

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 17:04:27 -0500

Thanks Bob.

Folks let's read these drafts and give some feedback to Bob.

Regards,

Behcet

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I just uploaded 4 drafts (one a revision) that begin to fill out my proposal
> for using HIP to enable mobility for 5GPP.
>
> I request and welcome all comments.  I will be at Seoul for any discussions.
> There are at least 2 more drafts that I will work on after Seoul (other work
> and Jewish Holidays next month will keep me busy until then) that add to the
> proposal.
>
> Bob
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> 5gangip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/5gangip