Subject: [5gangip] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 15:09:21 -0700

Hello,

I've posted an update to the ILA draft.

I would like to request that this draft be taken up as a WG item in
inet-area. In Berlin we chatted with the int-area ADs and the
conclusion for ILA (this draft) seemed to be that it should be worked
in int-area WG. There will be a routing or control plane component
that may be appropriate for routing area.

Changes from previous version:

- Restructured to make the draft more normative.
- Addressed several comments from Pierre Pfister and others
- Tried to make the description more generic and less datacenter
virtualization specific (eliminated references to nvo3 specific terms)
- Supporting material has been moving to
- Added more detail in addressing diagrams and description

Cross posting to LISP since there is some overlap of principles that
we might benefit from, and also 5gangip as a possible solution to IP
mobility. We are also updating the ILA mobility draft for that effort.

Comments on this draft are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:23 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-nvo3-ila
Revision:       03
Title:          Identifier-locator addressing for IPv6
Document date:  2016-10-27
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          38
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-nvo3-ila-03

Abstract:
   This specification describes identifier-locator addressing (ILA) for
   IPv6. Identifier-locator addressing differentiates between location
   and identity of a network node. Part of an address expresses the
   immutable identity of the node, and another part indicates the
   location of the node which can be dynamic. Identifier-locator
   addressing can be used to efficiently implement overlay networks for
   network virtualization as well as solutions for use cases in
   mobility.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat