Subject: Re: [5gangip] 答复: Agenda slides - more on id-locator split

From: "Sri Gundavelli (sgundave)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 03:47:43 +0000

> HoA-CoA never got Route Optimisation whereas id-loc has it built-in.

You think so?  We can surely ignore the builtin MIPv6-RO for lack of host
stack support, but if we look at the current direction we can easily
realize an optimized routing path for user-plane traffic.

With the separation of control and user plane, and with a programmable
interfaces to user-plane, we are moving towards a model where all the
service and business logic resides in the control plane and with a very
simple and stateless data plane. A data plane which is access-technology
agnostics, with no tunnels and mobility anchors is realizable. RO is more
about selection, re-location and about pushing the traffic policy rules
from the control plane. We can absolutely ensure the traffic paths on flow
basis are optimized. We can move away from a single fixed mobility anchor
models to on-demand and flow-based anchors. Its all about programming the
routing plane with the correct policy rules.

In my mind, more than the mobility control plane protocols, or the
semantics HoA/CoA; Id/Loc, what is getting more relevant is the
programmable CP-UP interface, such as FPC
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-fpc-cpdp-09).

Sri