Subject: [5gangip] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00.txt

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 10:26:31 -0800

Hello,

We posted this draft that describe using ILA for the mobile network
use case, and some specifics about using ILA in 5G.

Comments are appreciated!

Tom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00.txt
To: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>, Kalyani Bogineni
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tom Herbert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-herbert-ila-mobile
Revision:       00
Title:          Identifier Locator Addressing for Mobile User-Plane
Document date:  2018-02-01
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          22
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-ila-mobile/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-ila-mobile-00

Abstract:
   This document discusses the applicability of Identifier Locator
   Addressing (ILA) to the user-plane of mobile networks. ILA allows a
   means to implement network overlays without the overhead,
   complexities, or anchor points associated with encapsulation. This
   solution facilitates highly efficient packet forwarding and provides
   low latency and scalability in mobile networks. ILA can be used in
   conjunction with techniques such as network slices and Network
   Function Virtualization to achieve optimal service based forwarding.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat