Subject: [5gangip] Fwd: IETF Mail List Failure

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:23:04 -0500

Folks,
As has been reported below by IETF, if you sent a mail  during yesterday
(May 17) time period, please send it again.

Thanks,
Behcet & Dirk
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:50 PM
Subject: IETF Mail List Failure
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Dear IETF Community -

On 17 May, from 17:48 UTC (13:48 EDT) to 23:48 UTC (18:49 EDT), outbound
email from the IETF email lists failed to send. Mail sent to the lists went
into the archives, but was not received by list subscribers.

A problem in the DMARC-rewriting system caused outbound mail delivery to
fail silently, without alarm or error message. The rewriting system has
been taken offline, which restored outbound email service.  The lists are
back up.

Unfortunately, because the mail was discarded rather than queued, if you
sent mail to any IETF list today during the outage window, we ask you to
please resend your message.

We apologize for this issue and are working with the Tools Team to correct
the system before it is put back online again.

Alexa Morris
IETF Executive Director