Subject: [5gangip] Feedback on draft-xyzy-atick-gaps-00

From: Tom Herbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:24:52 -0700

As in previous versions, I think this one jumps into talking about
specific solutions too quickly before articulating the problem. I
would make section 3 either be "Problem statement" or "Requirements".
In either case, the text should be generic for any solutions. For
axmaple, some requirements might look like:

* A mapping system is needed to map identifier to locator
* Access to the mapping system must done only by authorized entities.
* Mapping system must mitigate DOS attack
* IP addresses should not expose specific geo-location of users.

etc...

Once the problem or requirments are laid out, then it makes sense to
talk about the specific solutions (should be section 4 in my model),
how they try to address the problems and what their shortcomings are.

I like the idea of section "General recommendations". This would be
section 5 in the model I'm describing, but I suspect this is not
complete. It should be driven to satisfy the requirements or solve the
problem specified in the earlier section. Drawing parts from the
specific solutions makes sense.

Tom

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 11:53:34 +0200

Hi,

> On 4 Jun 2018, at 22:24, Tom Herbert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> would make section 3 either be "Problem statement" or "Requirements”.

May be that part can leverage on the PS document. No? We do not need to re-state everything. 

> problem specified in the earlier section.

and highlight the gaps between existing solutions and the requirements … ;-)

Ciao

L.

> Drawing parts from the
> _______________________________________________
> 5gangip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/5gangip

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 09:43:15 -0500

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Tom Herbert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> example, some requirements might look like:
>
>

> * IP addresses should not expose specific geo-location of users.
Thanks a lot for identifying these requirements.
We need a requirements document and the above is a very good starting point.

Regards,
Behcet