Subject: [68ATTENDEES] 68th IETF - Transporation from Prague Airport

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:04:21 -0400

We have received the following information from the Hilton Prague
regarding transporation from the airport to the Hotel.  If you are not
staying at the Hilton, contact the concierge at your hotel to inquire
about their taxi service from the airport to hotel, most hotels offer this
service.

You can arrange to have a Hilton Hotel taxi pick you up at the airport
for a cost of CZK 750 (EUR 27).  You will need to make a reservation by
either sending an email to <[email-masked]> until Friday,
March 16 or after that date, send an email to [email-masked] or
call + 00420 224842373.
Duration: 30 minutes (depends on the traffic)

Also, the SEDOP organized two shuttle busses:
A) going to the city centre (to the Marriott hotel) for the rate of CZK
90,-/p. person & one way
B) going to the one address, which is given by the Clients, but than it is
charged per car:
1 - 4 people on board, it costs CZK 480,-/p. car & one way
5 - 8 people on board, it costs CZK 960,-/p. car & one way

The taxi service at the aiport is operated by AAA taxi and they are in
front of the arrival hall. This is the exclusive partner of the Prague
International Airport.  The price chart is as follows: The regular taxi
costs around CZK 400,-/p. car (depends on the traffic, because it is
measured by the taxameter = at the beginning they charge you CZK 34,- as a
starting fee and than CZK 25,- per each kilometer & CZK 5,- for waiting
(this is used even they are waiting in the traffic jam etc.).

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
bus No. 119 going from the Prague Airport to the bus stop "Dejvicka",
continue by the subway "line A (green one)" going to the station "Museum"
and changed the line to the "line C (red one) going to the station
"Florenc". And from this station it is just 200 metres to the Hilton
Prague.
Duration: 50 minutes
Prices: CZK 20,-/p. ticket 

More info you can find on www.letiste-praha.cz there is also available
site in English.

Check out the 68 IETF wiki at:
http://community.ietf.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can sign up for the 68 attendees mailing list at:
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:41:26 +0100

These may also be of use:

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/airport_transportation.html

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/transportation.html

http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/tickets_fares.html

Gordon

---

From: "Ersue, Mehmet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:59:26 +0100

CEDAZ Minibus seems to be a favorable alternative:
http://www.cedaz.cz/public-shuttle-bus-from-airport-to-prague-centre.php

Mehmet 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:41 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] 68th IETF - Transporation from 
> Prague Airport 
> 
>

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 12:44:27 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> 5 - 8 people on board, it costs CZK 960,-/p. car & one way

That's quite a range of prices - is the 90CZK a typo (it's less than $5)
or a city bus like shuttle bus?

--Sandy

---

From: "Ali Karimi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:57:51 -0800

How can we get more information on SEDOP, and where we could get these
shuttle buses.

Thanks

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:17:07 -0400

>How can we get more information on SEDOP, and where we could get these
There's lots of info here:
http://www.myczechrepublic.com/prague/airport_transportation.html

Ray

>>>B) going to the one address, which is given by the Clients, but than it
>>>      
>>>
>is
>  
>
>>>charged per car:

---

From: "Curtis Sherbo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 02:52:03 -0700

For anyone who's wondering about cabs.  I just took AAA Taxi from the
airport to my hotel downtown.  AAA is metered, and my fare was 500 CZK.  

Cheers,
Curtis

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandra Murphy [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 9:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] 68th IETF - Transporation from Prague Airport 

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, IETF Secretariat wrote:

> A) going to the city centre (to the Marriott hotel) for the rate of 
> CZK 90,-/p. person & one way
> B) going to the one address, which is given by the Clients, but than 
> it is charged per car:

That's quite a range of prices - is the 90CZK a typo (it's less than $5) or
a city bus like shuttle bus?

--Sandy

---

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 05:08:11 -0500

> airport to my hotel downtown.  AAA is metered, and my fare was 500  

The Rick Steves book recommends AAA as one of the more reputable taxi  
lines, especially for airport use

He suggests putting their number, which he lists as 233-113-311 into  
your phone.

The other suggested taxi line is City Taxi, 257-257-257.

--
dean

---

From: "Winterbottom, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 05:19:12 -0500

I took an AAA taxi it was really good

> From: Dean Willis [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, 17 March 2007 9:08 PM
> To: Curtis Sherbo
> Cc: [email-masked]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]

---

From: "Natale, Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:57:31 -0400

+1 ... Excellent service, price as quoted at airport (540 Czk)...my
wife and I plus luggage. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Winterbottom, James [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:19 AM
To: Dean Willis; Curtis Sherbo
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] 68th IETF - Transporation from Prague
Airport 

> The other suggested taxi line is City Taxi, 257-257-257.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
[mf2]