Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Czech cach is a must?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:14:46 +0800

Dear all,

Is that necessary for me to exchange some Czech cach with me during the
meeting period? I think credit card is not always possible for the taxi,
public transportation and restaurants.

It's difficult for me to exchange Czeck currency in domestic. USD and EUR
is possible. Can I just bring some EUR with me?  Guidance is appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Ryon

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Vladimir Smotlacha <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:32:58 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

staying one week in Prague, you can't avoid using Czech currency (Czech
crown = CZK). As in any other country, you can change the currency in
banks, exchange points and hotels. There is no problem to change remaining
Czech crowns back again. The best rate is usually in exchange points in
the city center, the worse one is in hotels. Anytime, ask if
there is some exchange fee - it is applied somewhere and it can
significantly degrade the rate. And of course, you can use cash machine.

In some shops, you can pay by EUR or USD notes but you get back CZK. In
this case, the rate is significantly worse than in bank.

Credit cards (mainly VISA and MASTER) are widely accepted but not
everywhere.

	Vladimir

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vladimir Smotlacha                                 CESNET z.s.p.o
E-Mail:  [email-masked]                              Zikova 4
Phone:   +420 2 24352915                           160 00 Prague 6
Fax:     +420 2 24313211                           Czech Republic
----------------------------------------------------------------------------