Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague

From: "Antoin Verschuren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:17:26 +0100

Tony Hansen wrote:
> The internet connection in your room will still work. It'll ask you if
> you're willing to pay $$ for it; click yes. The hotel is supposed to
> not charge anything more.

Actually, I asked this at the receprion because we arived on Saturday,
and they told me I just had to pay for it.
So I assume I'll have to pay for this as well if I want it this evening
or tomorrow.
Now it could be the receptionist was not completely aware of this
waiving of the charges, but I would like to be sure they do.
Could one of the organisers confirm ?

Antoin Verschuren

Technical Advisor
Policy & Business Development
SIDN
Utrechtseweg 310
PO Box 5022
6802 EA Arnhem
The Netherlands

T +31 26 3525510
F +31 26 3525505
M +31 6 23368970
E [email-masked]
W http://www.sidn.nl/

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: "GOLDMAN, STUART O \(STUART\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 05:22:00 -0500

Well, I was told an hour ago that if I log in now I can stay on until
midnight without a charge.

I logged in and was NOT asked for money.

Of course when I do loose the connection, I will NOT be able to e-mail
you that information. I am trying to get as much done now as I can.

Stuart Goldman
Alcatel-Lucent 
[email-masked]
602 493 8438

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoin Verschuren [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 3:17 AM
To: Tony Hansen; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague

Antoin Verschuren

Technical Advisor

T +31 26 3525510
F +31 26 3525505
M +31 6 23368970

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:26:59 +0100

I believe it should not be added to your bill. I had to
click on the payment screen the day I arrived, and there
is no charge for that on my final bill.

I just asked the IAD and that is his expectation too.

    Brian

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:09:59 -0400

> I just asked the IAD and that is his expectation too.

Brian,

Could you or Ray or the Secretariat clarify one aspect of this? 
Is the 'free Internet' deal associated with the specific days 
that IETF was meeting or with the overall stay (I know people 
who arrived a week ago today; I know people who don't leave 
until Sunday or Monday).  And, if it is the meeting dates, what 
is the agreed-upon range... e.g., should people who are here 
until Saturday morning expect to be billed for one or more 
nights of Internet service?

And, if this is not clear, might I hope that I can suggest that 
the IAD and IAOC consider the issue of defining this carefully 
and to cover the full length of IETF-associated stays for future 
meetings and contracts without setting off a huge flap?

     john