Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Cab sharing to the airport leaving hilton @7:30am friday ?

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:37:57 -0600

If you want to exchange IETF cookie stories and WG stories while riding 
to the airport ...
Meet me @7:30am in front of the check in desk.
Luca

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: "Clint Chaplin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:54:41 -0700

A word of warning: theer are only 20 cab drivers for this hotel.  I
was warned by the driver when I arrived that they just cycle through
the 20 (they don't let outside vendors in).  So, cabs are a scarce
resource, so I'd suggest some sort of collision avoidance algorithm.

Having said that, I'll take you up on that 7:30am offer; my plane
leaves at 9:55am Saturday.

-- 
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Principal Engineer
Corporate Standardization (US)
SISA

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 12:46:46 -0400 (EDT)

> leaves at 9:55am Saturday.

OK, so there is a fixed window size of 20 packets, and each has a maximum
size of 4 IETF attendees.  Now, what is the RTT to the airport?

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:54:44 +0100

> size of 4 IETF attendees.  Now, what is the RTT to the airport?

Conservatively I'd say "an hour", but it might be as short as 30
minutes.  It's highly variable based on the transport route congestion.

-derek
-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:40:48 -0400 (EDT)

> minutes.  It's highly variable based on the transport route congestion.

OK, so if we conservatively assume one hour, we can have a car departing
every 3 minutes, if the transmit buffer stays full.  Perhaps the transport
experts on the list can tell us how long a car should wait to leave if it
is not full...

-- Jeff

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:09:07 -0400

Yes, however there are a couple mitigating factors: the "20" is a
maximum. In the "dark hours", there are significantly fewer. The other
day at 4:30 am, I only saw 3 in the queue.

	Tony

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:55:02 +0000

> day at 4:30 am, I only saw 3 in the queue.

Did anyone ask the hotel to ensure there are plenty of cabs tomorrow 
morning?

Alternatively, what about outside agents?

We booked with this company: http://www.prague-transfers.cz

It's 550 one way and 1050 for a round trip.

-- 
Paul Aitken
Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland.

---

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 01:24:21 +0100

and would be glad to share with someone.

a.

---

From: Thomas Froment <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:38:26 +0100

Does anybody know if archives of "Jabber scribe" sessions are stored 
somewhere? (e.g. sipscribe, sippingscribe)...
Would be nice to have something similar to audio sessions 
(http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/)

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 04:41:54 -0400 (EDT)

> (http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/)

Logs of the IETF jabber rooms, including the (experimental?) *scribe
rooms, can be found at http://www.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/

---

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:43:34 +0100

Hi,

> (http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/)

Maybe also not so easy to find, but
check this out:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/ietf-logs/

Regards,
 Roland

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:46:06 +0100

Well, I do keep copies of all the scribed sessions. So, I will talk to the
scribe and Ray how to make that text available for you all to ponder and
wonder on them. :-)

/Arnoud

---

From: "Arnoud van Wijk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:48:20 +0100

Yes the scribe is experimental and lets see about the full text without any
jabber activity.

/Arnoud