Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] Re: Restaurant guide...

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:00:48 -0700

And again, if they are still doing brewery tours, it is quite worth it.

--
Sent from my wireless e-mail device. Sorry if terse.  We all need lemonade: see <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade> for what lemonade is.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon Mar 19 15:54:11 2007
Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] Re: Restaurant guide...

If you folks want some place with less international taste, you could go
to the restaurant called U-FLEKU. It's a very traditional Czech place,
where the musicians are dressed like Svejk, the brave soldier (for those
of you unfamiliar with Svejk, you can read about him in wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Soldier_%C5%A0vejk). Becherovka
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Becherovka) is very good, but do not take
more than 10 shots.

Have fun!

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Nemeth Krisztian [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 2:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Re: Restaurant guide...

Hi,

Restaurants, cont'd...

> 2 - Don't remember the name, neither the street :) But it's very close

> to
[...]
> at about 100 Kc) of a fair quantity even for my endless stomach. But, 
> but, they cheated (overbilled) seriously when paying. Too bad, it 
> would have been a good place. I'll never go back, and don't recommend
it to you neither!

Checked it again: something Garden (Garten?) is the name, the street is
Biskupska. Avoid!

> 3 - McDonalds. Meals at approx 130. Same .... everywhere.

Less, approx 105.

----

Pizzeria Al Capone, on Na Porici, at the Bispuska corner, but at the
other side of Na Porici. Nice ambiente, fair prizes (main dishes, pizzas
at about 120, beer at around 30), good food, fair service. Unfurtunately
only Stella Artois, no local beer (but Stella is good ;) ). But -- and
it seems that there's always this "but" -- they've tried to cheat us
again. 
Incredible, so far 3 out of 4 restaurants were playing it unfair. This
time they gave us a printed bill of 580 (for 3 people), plus 120 Kc
(>20%!!) handwritten on it. When we asked what's this, they lied it's
the complementary bread & butter at the beginning. When asked to show it
on the menu, it was on, but for something like 40 only. Than they said
it;s the service fee. It wasn't on the menu, too. Then they said, ok, we
don't have to pay that... No tip for them, not a single Ck, of course.
Otherwise would have been a good place. With this: avoid, or be
extremely careful, and not at all too generous when tipping!

Also everywhere else check the bill very-very carefuly, compare it with
the menu, and never pay for what you haven't ordered. Shame on them.

Looking forward your experiences,

Krisztian

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees
_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.
_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees