Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] London

From: "Eric Burger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:22:07 -0700

I just checked in at Logan (BOS), and in the ticketing hall they were announcing over and over again, "ONE carry-on only to London. That includes lap-tops, purses, etc."

Of course, I'm smiling, as I'm going via Frankfurt. My only "problem" is yesterday's flight to Frankmfurt was cancelled, so I'm sharing the bar with a bunch of unhappy tourists...

--
Sent from my wireless e-mail device. Sorry if terse.  We all need lemonade: see <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade> for what lemonade is.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
To: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sat Mar 17 09:16:05 2007
Subject: Re: [68ATTENDEES] London

At 05:27 PM 3/15/2007 -0500, Ben Campbell wrote:
>For anyone from the US who has already arrived, _and_ transferred via
>LHR:
>
>What was the transfer experience like? Did you go through the
>transfer center, or did you transfer landside (i.e. go through
>immigrations and customs).

At the risk of being highly redundant, highly redundant, highly ...

I transferred in LHR yesterday, and it was the worst and slowest
transfer that I have ever had. I had a 1 1/2 hour layover, and my
arriving flight was 15 minutes early, and I still would have missed my
connection if my second flight had been on time (although I suspect
that they held it for about 1/2 hour in order to give people time to get
through the mess).

>How strict were they with carryon bag size for you "exactly one carry- 
>on"?  Did they actually measure your bag? I've got a combined laptop/ 
>camera backpack that may be a cm too thick according to the official
>limits. It's a soft back, so I can squeeze it into the space--which
>may or may not work depending on how they enforce the limit.

I checked a huge bag, and carried on only one very small backpack.
This was due to an ugly experience a few months ago (my second
worse transfer experience ever, also at LHR) where I got to spend
15 minutes squeezing one very small bag into another very small
bag (if someone had been selling carry-on size suitcases on the
spot I could have *easily* put both inside one suitcase). The
experience of carrying only one very small bag for the entire
process was very nice.

Ross

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees
_______________________________________________________________________
Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
by email and then delete it.
_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees