Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)

From: "Sasha Vainshtein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:52:35 +0200

I, too, vote for coming back to Prague. 

My 2c
                     Sasha Vainshtein

-----Original Message-----
From: Yaakov Stein [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:21 AM
To: Fred Baker
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [68ATTENDEES] Returning to Prague (was: Re: Hilton Prague)

> I observe that for every person with a complaint there have been two
saying they loved it. I'm listening to those people as well.

OK, if you are listening.

My experience with the hotel was great. 
The staff was courteous, helpful, and efficient (even the plumber who
did not always any English).
This is quite unlike my experience with the Hilton Anatole where I was
charged for restaurants I did not visit; it took several hours to remove
these charges from my bill before checkout, and then they simply turned
up as an additional charge to my card. It took a further 2 weeks of
telephone calls to get that cancelled.

I did not experience any smoke problems, although I am very senstive to
smoke.

I walked around a bit and was not pickpocketed. In fact, I don't know
anyone who was.
This contrasts with Vienna and Paris venues - for each of which I
personally know several people who were robbed.
 
The meeting rooms were "satisfactory plus".
(In a quite unrelated remark - I have been back to sites where IETFs
have been for other conferences, and although often the WiFi works well,
no other conference seems to understand the need to spread around
electric receptacles. I remarked about this at a recent conference and
was told that they did not want to encourage people to do their email
instead of listening to the talks. The result is that at refreshment
breaks everyone scrambles for outlets, often sharing one with four or
five receptacle multipliers.
So thanks to the IETF for the electricity.)

For me it was an easy 4-hour direct flight. San Diego requires an 18h
flight to LAX and then a connection, and ends up taking me 24 hours each
way.
For any US site that I reach via JFK airport I now have to leave at
least 3 hours for the connection, making most US sites a hardship.

Prague is lovely (I took the 3-hour tour, too bad it was off-season and
the night tour was not running).

I too vote to come back.

Y(J)S

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Peter Tomsu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:39:13 +0200

Being European I maybe see some things different, but for me Prague  
was a great venue, the hotel was excellent and they were extremely  
friendly and helpful!

Would vote to come back more to such cities and hotels!

Peter