Subject: Re: Plumbing (was:Re: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague)

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:11:54 -0700

There is a reason for this. There is a very strong network effect. Try to fit anything non standard and parts take time to arrive, building inspectors don't understand them etc. Etc.

I replumbed the shower mixer in my house myself. It was quicker than arguing with a plumber.

Sent from my GoodLink Wireless Handheld (www.good.com)

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Patrik Fältström [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Friday, March 23, 2007 09:59 AM Pacific Standard Time
To:	John C Klensin
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Re: Plumbing (was:Re: [68ATTENDEES] Hilton Prague)

On 23 mar 2007, at 17.26, John C Klensin wrote:

> They are readily available in the US, although rarely from do-it- 
> yourself plumbing suppliers.  If my memory is correct, they are   
> very pricey in both the US and Europe.

In Sweden a company called Mora (like the city) introduced  
thermostats 1972, and they are not that expensive. You get one for  
about $150 today (given the low value of the dollar :-) ). Hard for  
me to say whether that is expensive or not, as I think that is what  
you HAVE to pay.

I am sort of surprised every time I get to the US and find newly  
constructed bathrooms that are equipped like they where in Sweden  
some 35 years ago :-)

http://www.moraarmatur.se/

    Patrik

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees
_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees