Subject: [68ATTENDEES] 68 Commons Wiki

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 12:36:16 -0500

All:

The 68Commons Wiki has been launched.  
http://community.ietf.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

You are invited to add information you believe will be of interest to 
those attending IETF 68.

Thanks

Ray

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:04:46 +0100

I can SSH, port-80 pr0n, outbound SMTP on port 26 (I gave up on trying
to relay on port-25 or the submit port, unless using IPv6), and IRC.
I seem to be able to jabber.

IPsec (ESP-UDP, NAT-T) isn't reliable. I can setup the conn on port
500/4500. Either it closes too fast, or???  Maybe the keepalives need to
be much shorter. I may debug on that.  I didn't try any non-IETF
"security" protocols, because I don't believe in them.

- -- 
]            Bear: "Me, I'm just the shape of a bear."          |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson,    Xelerance Corporation, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked]      http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/mcr/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 17:04:46 +0100

- --

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:45:58 -0700

At 5:04 PM +0100 3/17/07, Michael Richardson wrote:

>  outbound SMTP on port 26 (I gave up on trying
>  to relay on port-25 or the submit port, unless using IPv6)

I normally tunnel outbound mail via ssh to my server's submit port, 
but I just tried it without tunneling, and it worked fine -- I was 
able to connect to my own server over the submit port (587) using 
IPv4.  I also tried port 25, and the network does intercept that.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Gerrold's Laws of Infernal Dynamics:
    1.  An object in motion will always be headed in the wrong
        direction.
    2.  An object at rest will always be in the wrong place.
    3.  The energy required to change either one of these states
        will always be more than you wish to expend, but never so
        much as to make the task totally impossible.