Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Any recommendations from Americans in Prague already?

From: "Haluska, John J" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:51:07 -0400

Hi All

I was wondering if any Americans had made it to Prague yet for this
meeting, and if so, if there is any advice you have to share. E.g.

What did you show as proof of insurance, and how much of an issue was
this?

Is it any problem to indicate you are here on business? Does saying
"IETF meeting" help or hinder?

Any unexpected visa concerns for business travel?

Any other customs/immigration issues?

Presence/quality of broadband in the hotel (Hilton)?

Any other general guidance or recommendations is appreciated

Thanks much

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:45:30 -0400

Haluska, John J wrote:
> What did you show as proof of insurance, and how much of an issue was this?

They didn't ask and I didn't tell. I showed my passport, they scanned
it, and waved me through.

> “IETF meeting” help or hinder?

Again, they didn't ask.

> Any other customs/immigration issues?

None

> Presence/quality of broadband in the hotel (Hilton)?

The room has wired internet with a nat 10 address. It requires you to
register and agree to have the fee will be added to your room bill, but
the front desk told me that the fee would be waived when we check out.

There's wireless in the lobby for an extra fee.

> Any other general guidance or recommendations is appreciated

If you take the Metro, as you come out of the escalators by Florenc
station, you should see an elevated highway off to one side. Keep the
highway to your left and you'll be facing north. Go 2-3 blocks on Ke
Stvanici and you'll find the Hilton.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]