Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Glass bottles make me either heavier or thirstier

From: Yangwoo Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 01:53:00 +0900

During coffee break, I usually picked up a (plastic) bottle of water for
easier access during sessions and elsewhere. But, this time, since water
is served in (heavy) glass bottles, I just gave up to carry one.

What about others?

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:26:45 +0100

To the extent that I care about the glass bottles at all, I rather  
like them.  Glass is one of those (almost) perfectly recyclable  
materials, whereas plastic recycles pretty poorly.  I'm happy to have  
the option of not consuming plastic bottles!
--John

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:25:36 -0500

What I did was to keep two plastic water bottles (one from the mini bar
and one I bought at the airport on the way) and then I just refill those
from the glass bottles at break time.

Personally, I prefer glass as it is less toxic than the plastic and
given the smoke, I do need to limit my toxin intake. 

Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: Yangwoo Ko [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Glass bottles make me either heavier or thirstier

What about others?

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:33:30 -0700

> the option of not consuming plastic bottles!

Check out the local grocery stores, and you'll find one brand of beer
that comes in bottles that look like they've had a lot of rough
handling. The beer costs about 9 crowns, and you get 5 back when you
return the bottle. As you'd see, this happens quite a bit ;-)

Aaron

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:31:21 +0000

I agree, it's years since I had coca cola from a glass bottle.   nostalgia :)

tim

-- 
Tim

---

From: Aaron Stone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:33:30 -0700

Aaron

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:31:21 +0000

tim

-- 
Tim

---

From: Petr Žejdl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:36:10 +0100

Well, this is a problem here. I'm buying a plastic bottle of water in 
Delvita shop right near the entrance to the Metro Florenc, about 100m 
from Hilton. It costs about 14 CZK, not sure whether you can pay in Euro 
(probably yes, but they return CZK).

Petr Zejdl

---

From: Sriram Parameswar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:46:24 -0700

Just so that I am not the only one to attend the IETF and not do a "me too" posting - here goes:

++;

Sriram

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:24:33 -0500

> given the smoke, I do need to limit my toxin intake. 

Hear hear!  Priority should be given to cities that ban smoking indoors
in public venues.  This hotel is particularly smokey.

Nico
--

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:23:10 -0700

>  is served in (heavy) glass bottles, I just gave up to carry one.

I've noticed that here I tend to: (1) pick up bottle at break; (2) 
open bottle; (3) sip from bottle; (4) talk to people during break; 
(5) walk into wg room, carrying sipped-from bottle; (6) finish 
sipping during meeting; (7) leave bottle on collection table.  In my 
experience this has worked well.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------
Power corrupts; Powerpoint corrupts absolutely.
            --Vint Cert

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:23:24 +0100

I didn't open the plastic bottle of water that I've been offered as
part of my WG chair training lunch and I kept it with me for whoever in
need. Please drop me a line and I will arrange a place to leave it for
you.

Cheers
Thierry

PS: ;-)

---

From: Janet P Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 08:29:21 -0400

At most recent IETF meetings, if you did not grab a water to take with you 
into the session, no further water was available.

But at the Prague meeting, they are leaving the water available between 
beverage breaks.  SO, if you become thirsty in the middle of the session, 
you can step out for a moment to get a bottle of water.

Janet