Subject: [68ATTENDEES] Hiccup Bar BOF

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:29:29 +0100

Ad-HOC meeting "Harnessing IP for Critical Communications Using  
Precedence (HICCUP)"
Tuesday 11:50-12:50, Congress I
Mailing List: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hiccup

The meeting purpose is to bring together people interested in  
critical communications to describe the problem space, give some  
examples where critical communications are needed, and provide a  
venue to exchange ideas on how to move forward.

Agenda

Agenda bashing (5 minutes)
Proposed Charter Overview - (5 minutes) chair
US DHS/NCS (10 minutes)
NATO (10 minutes)
US DoD GIG (10 minutes)
General Discussion (20 minutes)

_______________________________________________
68ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/68attendees

---

From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:32:16 -0500

Fred,

I'm out in the middle of Joshua Tree, so I won't be at the bar.

After the Katerina landfall the wireless volunteer efforts, plus
the Naval Post-Graduate School group that had prior exercise in
the Boxing Day Tsunami aid effort found some pretty banal problems.

Nothing sexy like QoS, but lack of "I am alive (or not)" db app
and or protocol, formal relief efforts that attempted to field
VoIP with a centralized directory (in Washington) to camps served
by very fragile networks, junk like that.

It isn't rocket science, but not everything we do is, and when it
doesnt' work, for many days at a time, due to lack of clarity at
level 9 that non-first responders, non-privileged users, need to
have dialtone and email and a browser, its wicked awkward for the
people who are having he emergency.

Eric