Subject: [69ATTENDEES] espresso and coffee

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:09:56 -0700

One of the best coffee roasters and espresso shops in the country is
Intelligentsia, based in Chicago.  They have two locations roughly three
blocks away from the Hilton, in opposite directions:

  http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/retail/findus

  http://intelligentsiacoffee.com/retail/monadnock
  53 West Jackson

  http://intelligentsiacoffee.com/retail/millennium
  53 and 55 E. Randolph

Further north, Metropolis is supposed to also have excellent espresso,
  http://www.metropoliscoffee.com/cafe/
  1039 West Granville Avenue 

-d

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:45:13 -0500

Note  that the 53 West Jackson one is open monday to friday 6:00 am  
to 5:30. I just had a very pleasant walk to find it close (but there  
was a four-bucks on the way back :-)

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:15:13 -0500

>   http://intelligentsiacoffee.com/retail/millennium

Yeah.  I've also found Intelligentsia and Metropolis mentioned as the
two espresso places of choice in Chicago.  Unfortunately, when I went
to 53 West Jackson around noon today, I discovered that they aren't
open on weekends.  So I ended up at Starbucks on State, the block
opposite the Palmer House.  About what you'd expect from Starbucks, Ok
but not spectacular.  (Don't get me wrong, it is **so** much better
than what I could ever hope for this side of the Atlantic 10 years ago.)

I'll head for Intelligentsia again Monday morning :-)

>   1039 West Granville Avenue 

Right.  But that's too far unless you're headed in that direction anyway.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:16:59 -0500

Hi Cullen,

> was a four-bucks on the way back :-)

Heh.  I should have read all the posts before posting about this
myself a moment ago ,;-)

	Henrik

---

From: Matt Larson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 10:58:52 -0400

>   http://intelligentsiacoffee.com/retail/millennium

I can confirm that the Randolph Street location is open on Sunday,
having just come from there.  I had an outstanding latte and even the
blueberry scone was unsually good.

It's an easy walk: go north/left on Wabash (the street with the El
tracks adjacent to the hotel) three blocks to Randolph, then turn
east/right.  It's on the south/right side of the street.

Matt