Subject: [69ATTENDEES] Great job by secretariat and Hilton on reconfiguring room

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:01:54 -0500

During the autoconf working group today, there were about 30 people 
spilling into the hallway who were trying to hear the presenter and 
watch the slides.

Before:        http://people.nokia.net/~tj/ietf69/07232007034.jpg

I approached the assistant director of conference facilities for the 
Palmer House nearby, and she rapidly mobilized about six employees, 
along with two IETF secretariat members who came by, and they rapidly 
and unobtrusively removed the wall between rooms so that everyone could 
participate in the meeting. The meeting continued uninterrupted.

After:          http://people.nokia.net/~tj/ietf69/07232007035.jpg

Great job! and thanks,

TJ

P.S. note for IETF70.. Please request a large room for autoconf! :-)

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:25:45 +0100

> P.S. note for IETF70.. Please request a large room for autoconf! :-)

Isn't that down to the number of names on the blue sheets (in which
case be sure they're filled in :) or is there more to the space
allocation algorithm?

-- 
Tim

---

From: Federico Lucifredi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:11:49 -0400

All those autoconf groupies! my back is still hurting.

 Best -Federico

-- 

_________________________________________
-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish
(Federico L. Lucifredi) - http://www.lucifredi.com

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:42:47 -0500

> case be sure they're filled in :) or is there more to the space 
The number of expected attendees is a (required) field in the session 
request tool. Past blue sheets are a good guide. And yes, the chairs did 
check that everyone at the meeting had signed the blue sheets today.

http://www.ietf.org/instructions/session_request_tool_instruction.html

Apparently, MANEMO and related topics turned out to be more popular than 
expected. Maybe we should have just charged admission at the door.

TJ

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 15:44:15 -0500

Thanks TJ for your action, too!

ryuji

On 2007/07/23, at 14:01, T.J. Kniveton wrote:

> I approached the assistant director of conference facilities for  
> the Palmer House nearby, and she rapidly mobilized about six  
> employees, along with two IETF secretariat members who came by, and  
> they rapidly and unobtrusively removed the wall between rooms so  
> that everyone could participate in the meeting. The meeting  
> continued uninterrupted.
>

---

From: Shubhranshu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:33:28 +0530

> case be sure they're filled in :) or is there more to the space

If one checks the past attendance (on the blue sheets) of the Autoconf
WG meetings then one realizes that there were some extra seats in the
room than expected.

Thanks to TJ, Secretariat and Hilton folks for their quick action.

- Shubhranshu

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert \(Bert\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:07:41 +0200

I seem unable to connect right now

Bert Wijnen

---

From: Patrik Wallstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 20:52:35 +0200

> I seem unable to connect right now

I haven't been able to connect since yesterday afternoon.

-- 
patrik_wallstrom->foodfight->[email-masked]>+46-733173956