Subject: [69ATTENDEES] Lunch options around the Palmer House Hilton

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:50:16 -0500

I found these googling around:
	http://www.chowhound.com/topics/399947
	http://www.chowhound.com/topics/370730

So far went to Pizano's (good value) and Vivere (overpriced for what  
they deliver).

Lars

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: "Ingemar Johansson S (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:41:13 +0200

And for those who like to eat "the mother of fast food" and at the same
time get a primer on MLK and the Civil rights movement in the 60's, the
McDonalds restaurant at 230 south State St is the place to go.

Ingemar 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lars Eggert [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: den 21 juli 2007 06:50
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [69ATTENDEES] Lunch options around the Palmer House Hilton 
> 
> So far went to Pizano's (good value) and Vivere (overpriced 
> for what they deliver).
> 
> Lars
>

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:03:19 -0500

Cosi's worked last night (I am not picky, but it's like Panini's or Atlanta 
Bread Company), and has a working WLAN connection this morning (and if you 
aren't reading this from the Hilton, you'll know why that matters this 
morning).

I THINK I'm at this one - at least, I turned right out the front door on 
Monroe and walked until I was at the park, then turned right - but the 
website at http://getcosi.com/ has details.

Michigan & Monroe
116 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Phone: 312-223-1061
Fax: 312-223-1466
Free Wireless Internet Available: Yes
Hours:
Monday: 6:30a-9p     Tuesday: 6:30a-9p     Wednesday: 6:30a-9p     Thursday: 
6:30a-9p     Friday: 6:30a-10p     Saturday: 7a-10p     Sunday: 8a-9p

We're gonna be really glad to see the IETF network come up.

At least my room and Olaf's room on 13 aren't getting IP addresses assigned, 
and the same thing is happening with wireless HHONORs downstairs.

I wish everyone could have seen the faces when I told the people at the 
Hilton

- "I don't know how many geeks are descending on this place in the next 24 
hours, but the room block was listed as 1000

- "this includes the working group for the protocol that isn't working 
(DHCP)

- "there are probably at least 800 IETF attendees who can tell you how to 
fix the problem, AND

- "you can't tell that 800 from the 200 who don't have a clue, but they'll 
also be telling you how to fix it - so don't wait to escalate"

Enjoy your stay...

Spencer

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:12:02 -0500

Hi,
  arrived thrusday with family(my children like pizza, oh well...).  
some of the restaurants we tried. used hotel concierge for advice,  
and they were always very friendly and helpful. Concierge have a list  
of restaurants with directions.
- tamarind: asian (japan,vietnam, china), modern, very good, not too  
pricy. we want to go back!
- rosebud theater district: italian, large plates: might want to  
share, pretty good. was pretty quiet saturday evening.
- pizano's: pizza, chicago style, good.
- giordano's: pizza, chicago style (stuffed), good.
- corner bakery: just out of the hotel. convenient!

Marc.

---

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:10:49 +0900 (JST)

> pricy. we want to go back!

	for those people who have trouble with sugar:
	you have to tell them not to use sugar for their chinese dishes.

itojun