Subject: [69ATTENDEES] Chicago Blue Line issues during 7/20-7/22

From: "carl williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:31:10 -0700

The Hilton front desk informed me to take the airport express shuttle when
arriving into Chicago this weekend for the IETF:

Blue Line Slow Zone Elimination Project - Weekend Service Interruption July
20 - 23, 2007 

  _____  

Blue Line Slow Zone Elimination Project 

Effective 11:00 p.m., Friday, July 20 until 1:00 a.m., Monday, July 23, 2007

Due to Blue Line construction to eliminate slow zones, Blue Line rail
service will be temporarily suspended in both directions between the
Clark/Lake (accessible) and western/Milwaukee stations. Bus shuttles will
operate as a substitute for rail service, making all stops from Jackson
(accessible) to Western/Milwaukee. 

CTA Blue Line trains provide frequent service from O'Hare Airport to
downtown in only 45-50 minutes. 

The Blue Line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:30:04 -0400

Of course that presumes you come in via ORD and not MDW.  From MDW take
the Orange line and then transfer to the Red (at Roosevelt) for the
Monroe/State stop.  (I'll verify this tomorrow and send out a correction
if it causes me trouble).

-derek

carl williams wrote:
> The Hilton front desk informed me to take the airport express shuttle
> when arriving into Chicago this weekend for the IETF:
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> **Blue Line Slow Zone Elimination Project - Weekend Service Interruption
> July 20 - 23, 2007 **
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>  
> 
> 	
> 
>  
> 
> 	
> 
> *Blue Line Slow Zone Elimination Project*
> 
> *Effective 11:00 p.m., Friday, July 20 until 1:00 a.m., Monday, July 23,
> 2007*
> 
> Due to Blue Line construction to eliminate slow zones*, Blue Line rail
> service will be temporarily suspended in both direction*s between the
> Clark/Lake (accessible) and western/Milwaukee stations. Bus shuttles
> will operate as a substitute for rail service, making all stops from
> Jackson (accessible) to Western/Milwaukee.
> 
>  
> 
> CTA Blue Line trains provide frequent service from _O'Hare Airport_ to
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:46:48 -0400

>if it causes me trouble).

Another option is to stay on the Orange Line, go around the loop,
and get off at the Madison stop (1 block north of Monroe, and
possibly closer to the Hilton, if memory serves).

Al
http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/maps/fwebmaptrain.gif

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:11:29 -0400

True, indeed from the PHH website it says:

>From Midway Airport, take the Orange Line from Midway to downtown. Get
off at the Adams/Wabash stop. The Palmer House is located on the west
side of Wabash Avenue.

Mapquest puts us South of Monroe between State and Wabash, so it's more
walking from the Orange line (but you don't have to change trains).

-derek, who should've done 5 minutes more research before posting the
first time.
-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:55:17 -0500

Hi, Derek,

> -derek, who should've done 5 minutes more research before posting the

We don't even have expectations about that for TECHNICAL postings ;-)

Spencer