Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] I can't hear you!

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:32:12 -0400

My understanding is that the hotel promised that construction
would be silent until the end of the week.  While the convention
services department seems earnest about wanting to keep the
promise, there appear to be issues with communicating with the
workers.

  Bill

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:41:14 -0500

> promise, there appear to be issues with communicating with the

While acknowledging that large projects have lots of lines of communication, 
I'll nonetheless observe that the idea that the hotel cannot direct the 
project manager to control certain classes of activities under them doesn't 
seem all that compelling...

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:53:45 +0100

I suspect the problem is that the hotel is run by Hilton and the building is owned (and being renovated) by Thor Equities
 
Toby

________________________________

From: Dave Crocker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tue 24/07/2007 19:41
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] I can't hear you!

d/

--

   Dave Crocker

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:04:10 -0500

[email-masked] wrote:
> I suspect the problem is that the hotel is run by Hilton and the building
> is owned (and being renovated) by Thor Equities

Those kinds of realities make the coordination and control issues more 
challenging, but they are not the core of the problem.  Because there appears 
to be a pattern of running noisy machinery next to -- and I do mean right on 
the other side of the wall -- various meeting rooms, it suggests that the 
hotel management has not made a point of planning to avoid noise-making that 
disrupts the meetings.

To the extent that they have made general efforts, they clearly have not been 
keeping close coordination on this, such as making sure that the construction 
project manager has specific lists of the venues and times which must not have 
machinery operated nearby...

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker

---

From: "Heejin Jang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:35:20 -0700

But, this morning, I cannot sleep due to construction noise from 7AM either.
I complaint to the front desk, but they just told that they cannot do
anything for me
because it's a contract with construction company.

I hope I can sleep well tomorrow :( .