Subject: [69ATTENDEES] DHCP problems

From: Roland Bless <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 22:17:41 +0200

Hi,

I couldn't get an address for more than 1 hour after I lost
my connection somehow. I then tried my luck in the terminal
room, thinking that the wired network would be more robust.
The problem was the same. So it seems to be related to the
DHCP server or some "clever" filtering mechanisms that try
to improve the security. Just now in the beverage break I
got very quick a working lease via the wireless...

Regards,
 Roland

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:29:26 -0400

> got very quick a working lease via the wireless...

It's worse than that!  DHCP gives out different ranges on the 802.11a
versus 802.11b/g networks..  So when I lost my network and came up on
the other one I got a DIFFERENT address!   But if I just ignored DHCP
and just migrated without asking for a new address it still worked.
Kind of annoying that there are different DHCP servers that are doling
out different addresses to the same machine.  :(

>  Roland

-derek

-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.