Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] Social

From: "Andrew Allen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:23:29 -0400

"Obnoxiously Loud IETF" a badge we wear with pride!
--------------------------
Andrew Allen
Manager Standards
Research In Motion Ltd
Office +1 847-793-0861 x20824
BlackBerry Mobile  +1 847 809 8636
http://www.rim.com/

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

----- Original Message -----
From: Nathaniel Borenstein <[email-masked]>
To: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed Jul 25 14:55:13 2007
Subject: Re: [69ATTENDEES] Social

+1

Between the decibel level at the social event last night and the  
jackhammers and other construction noise throughout the meetings, I  
will always think of this as the Obnoxiously Loud IETF.  -- Nathaniel

On Jul 25, 2007, at 7/25/071:00 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

>> There was one better social though which is not easy to top
>>  (#45 Oslo, huge garden at the sea, nice summer weather,
>>  barbecue)
>
> I missed that one, but my favourite was Paris, at the Musée  
> d'Orsay.  Prague was nice too.
>
> What they both had going for them was that one could actually talk  
> with people. I'd like to put a bug in the collective ear of  
> organizers to choose places where one can, at least as an option,  
> find a semi-quiet place to talk.  I liked the band last night --  
> they were good.  But there really was no way to have a reasonable  
> conversation, and that is, to me, what a social event is about.
>
> Barry
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> 69ATTENDEES mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

_______________________________________________
69ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/69attendees

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:33:11 -0400

All;

We brought the issue of the construction to the attention of the hotel 
and were assured yesterday that there would be no noise from the 5th 
floor project.

Specifically they said:
My sincere apologies for the noise during the meetings today.  The Hotel 
Manager, Dean Lane, has addressed the issue of the jack hammering and 
other construction related noise with the General Contractor for the 
Restoration Project.

In order to complete a key component of the work, the crew has been 
instructed to work only between the hours of 6:00 am and 9:00 am on the 
5th floor.  At 9:00 am all construction on the 5th floor will cease for 
the day.  Any work that is happening in this area will not affect the 
guest room floors.

Additionally, a directive has been given to the workers on the guest 
room floors that no work is to start before 8:00 am.  This coincides 
with your breakfast start time of 8:00 am, so hopefully your guests will 
not be impacted by any noise related issues.

Today, after some drilling and hammering returned, the hotel was told to 
stop.  They apologized again and addressed this with the Project Manager 
and the individuals that were responsible for the drilling / hammering 
have been moved.

We will monitor this further.  If the noise recurs notify [email-masked] 
for the quickest response.

Ray Pelletier
IAD

Andrew Allen wrote:

>>I missed that one, but my favourite was Paris, at the MusÃ©e

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:35:10 -0500

Hi, Andrew,

> "Obnoxiously Loud IETF" a badge we wear with pride!

With apologies to Mel Brooks/"Blazing Saddles",

"we don't need no stinkin' badges..."

I'm thinking a more persistent appearance, somewhere between "t-shirts" and 
"tattoos"...

Spencer

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:46:07 -0700 (PDT)

The original is in Treasure of Sierra Madre:

http://www.darryl.com/badges/

1935 vs 1974

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj