Subject: [6gip] Call for Presentations at IETF 109

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 10:57:50 -0500

Hi all,

We expect to have a side meeting in IETF 109 in November. In that meeting, we
would like to have presentations on specific aspects of 6G from the list
members. So this mail is a call for presentations.

The topics that you may choose are listed below, but we are open to
proposals on issues not mentioned on the list:

New IP architecture (mentioned in Oulu White Paper),

Terahertz Technology (Samsung WP)

Use of non-terrestial network, specifically like Starlink which is already
operational (Samsung WP)

Comprehensive AI, end-to-end AI (Samsung WP)

A conference (IEEE, etc.) paper or a 6G session at a conference of your
choice.

Please volunteer!

Regards,

Dirk & Behcet

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 10:09:44 -0500

Hi again,
Please check the message below and volunteer.
So far we have a few volunteers but a few more would be good.

Hi all,
>
> We expect to have a side meeting in IETF 109 in November. In that meeting,
> we would like to have presentations on specific aspects of 6G from the
> list members. So this mail is a call for presentations.
>
Dirk & Behcet

---

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 21:01:28 +0200

Le 14/09/2020 à 17:09, Behcet Sarikaya a écrit :
>     We expect to have a side meeting in IETF 109 in November. In that
>     meeting, we would like to have presentations on specific aspects of
>     6G from the list members. So this mail is a call for presentations.
> 

For the New IP architecture, one might want to consider among other 
things such as ETSI new IP also the effort of IPv10 currently discussed 
- albeit in contradictory - in v6ops WG.

Alex

>     Use of non-terrestial network, specifically like Starlink which is
>     already operational (Samsung WP)
> 
>     A conference (IEEE, etc.) paper or a 6G session at a conference of
>     your choice.
> 
>     Please volunteer!
> 
>     Regards,
> 
> Dirk & Behcet
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 06:54:37 +0000

Hi Alex,
thanks for the suggestion! We might consider although IMO the controversy seemed to be very biased ...
I also looked up ITU publication https://www.itu.int/myitu/-/media/Publications/2020-Publications/Driving-forces-and-visions-towards-Networks-2030.pdf on core network requirements and shape the future networks' design paradigm - but IPv6 was not mentioned at all (I assume because it is state of the art by now ...) ;-)
Kind regards
Dirk

-----Original Message-----
From: 6gip <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Alexandre Petrescu
Sent: Montag, 14. September 2020 21:01
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [6gip] Second Call for Presentations at IETF 109

>     New IP architecture (mentioned in Oulu White Paper),

For the New IP architecture, one might want to consider among other things such as ETSI new IP also the effort of IPv10 currently discussed
- albeit in contradictory - in v6ops WG.

Alex

--
6gip mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6gip

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 12:11:57 -0500

Hi Alex,

v6ops is a WG for ipv6 maintenance, 6gip is a non-WG mailing list to
discuss 6G issues.
I hope this clarifies.

Behcet

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 1:54 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I also looked up ITU publication
> https://www.itu.int/myitu/-/media/Publications/2020-Publications/Driving-forces-and-visions-towards-Networks-2030.pdf
> on core network requirements and shape the future networks' design paradigm
> - but IPv6 was not mentioned at all (I assume because it is state of the
> art by now ...) ;-)
> Kind regards
> Dirk
>
> For the New IP architecture, one might want to consider among other things
> such as ETSI new IP also the effort of IPv10 currently discussed