Subject: [6gip] (no subject)

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 09:51:34 -0500

Dear all,

Some time ago we had discussed on the need for new authentication models in
6G at IETF 110.

It seems now is the time  to elaborate on this topic in more detail.

Since it is related not directly to 6G efforts worldwide we would like to
propose to continue the discussions on a different list, i.e., pidloc (
[email-masked]).

So we invite you to join the existing Pidloc ML for discussing the idea.

If you are not already a list member, please subscribe on this link:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pidloc

The list communication should be around the following ideas:

- to establish a hardware-based IoT authentication in relationship with
Wireless Local Area network collaborative and/or multi-band sensing (e.g.,
Wi-Fi Sensing as proposed by 802.11bf or other ways of sensor detection).

- IP issues with an IoT device authentication in a human-independent manner
unlike the state of the art model which is based on humans using the machine

We will provide more details soon, possibly on Friday, October 8, 2021 on
the pidloc list.

Please join pidloc as soon as possible.

Best Regards
Behcet and Dirk