Subject: [6lo] #10 (routing-dispatch): Lacking description when no IP-in-IP is present

From: "6lo issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:17:27 -0000

#10: Lacking description when no IP-in-IP is present

 From: 6lo [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Pascal Thubert
 (pthubert)
 Sent: lundi 18 janvier 2016 09:41
 To: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
 Cc: [email-masked]
 Subject: Re: [6lo] Format inside of an RPL domain

 Dear TengFei:

 I agree that the draft is lacking description when there is no IP in IP.
 I’ll create a ticket.

 When there is no IP in IP present in the 6LoRH, then the headers
 compressed by 6LoRH are considered placed right after the IP header
 compressed by IPHC, and considered as compressed. It results that the NH
 bit in the IPHC really indicates how the compression is done for the
 header that is after the headers compressed by 6LoRH.

 For an ICMP message I’d think that you’ll be using:

    +- ...  -+- ...  -+-+-+- ... -+-+-+-+-+ ... -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...
    |11110001|  RPI   |  NH = 0       | NH = 58  |  ICMP message
    |Page 1  | 6LoRH  | 6LOWPAN-IPHC  | (ICMP)   |  (no compression)
    +- ...  -+- ... +-+-+-+- ... -+-+-+-+-+ ... -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...
                       <-        RFC 6282       ->
                             No RPL artifact

 Does that make sense?

 Pascal

 From: 6lo [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tengfei Chang
 Sent: lundi 18 janvier 2016 09:18
 To: [email-masked]
 Subject: [6lo] Format inside of an RPL domain

 Dear All,

 Currently I have a question about the format of packet inside of an RPL
 domain when using 6LoRH.

 For example when ping a mote inside an RPL domain, will the format of echo
 request and reply look like this?

 PAGE DISPATCH (page 1) + IPHC + 6LoRH RH3 + ICMPv6
 PAGE DISPATCH (page 1) + IPHC + 6LoRH RPI + ICMPv6

 If so, there is no next header field in 6LoRH to indicate the following
 field is ICMP.
 What's the right format for this case?

 Thanks a lot!
 Tengfei

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6lo-routing-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  routing-     |    Version:
  dispatch               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/trac/ticket/10>
6lo <https://tools.ietf.org/6lo/>

---

From: "6lo issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 11:17:59 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]
 * status:  new => assigned

-- 
--------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:
Component:  routing-dispatch    |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/trac/ticket/10#comment:1>
6lo <https://tools.ietf.org/6lo/>

---

From: "6lo issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:50:11 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 fixed in 04

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/trac/ticket/10#comment:2>
6lo <https://tools.ietf.org/6lo/>

---

From: "6lo issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:50:18 -0000

* status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
--------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:
Component:  routing-dispatch    |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6lo/trac/ticket/10#comment:3>
6lo <https://tools.ietf.org/6lo/>