Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 09:14:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Backbone Router
        Author          : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-00.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-01-05

Abstract:
   This specification proposes an update to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, to
   enhance the operation of IPv6 over wireless links that exhibit lossy
   multicast support, and enable a large degree of scalability by
   splitting the broadcast domains.  A higher speed backbone federates
   multiple wireless links to form a large MultiLink Subnet.  Backbone
   Routers acting as Layer-3 Access Point route packets to registered
   nodes, where an classical Layer-2 Access Point would bridge.
   Conversely, wireless nodes register to the Backbone Router to setup
   routing services in a fashion that is essentially similar to a
   classical Layer-2 association.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/