Subject: [6lo] FWD from [email-masked]: New Version Notification for draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:12:28 +0200

This draft might be of intrest to the 6tisch and 6lo working groups.
We discussed the Payload IE allocation for the IETF here in the Macao
IEEE meeting, and we decided it would be better to get over with the
allocation so when it is needed the allocation is ready.

For the Operations manual of the 802.15 WG requires that the
allocation request needs to show that SDO has proper sub-typing method
defined, so this draft will specify one. The IANA will then maintain
that registry. The current draft does not specify the allocation
policy for the registry yet, but I think expert review might be best.

This Payload IE allocation will be for the whole IETF, not just for
one WG. This could also be 6tisch wg document if that would be better,
as I think that WG might be the first one to want to use this payload
IE.

From: [email-masked]
To: "Tero Kivinen" <[email-masked]>, "Pat Kinney" <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 23:57:52 -0700

A new version of I-D, draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Tero Kivinen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-kivinen-802-15-ie
Revision:	00
Title:		IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF
Document date:	2016-03-16
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		5
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kivinen-802-15-ie-00

Abstract:
   IEEE Std. 802.15.4-2015 has Information Elements (IE) that can be
   used to extend the 802.15.4 in interoperable manner.  IEEE 802.15
   Assigned Numbers Authority (ANA) manages the registry of the
   Information Elements, and this document requests ANA to allocate a
   number for IETF and provides the information how the IE is formatted
   to provide sub types.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
[email-masked]