Subject: [6lo] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:55:35 +0100

Hi everyone,

A new revision of draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header has been submitted.

This revision incorporates comments received so far:

   - The 11-bit field (i.e. datagram_size/datagram_offset) always
     precedes datagram_tag.

   - Text has been added to explain that the format supports limited
     reordering.

   - 8-bit bytes ;-)

Comments are very much welcome.

Best regards,

Carles

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Mon, March 21, 2016 12:15 am
To:      "Jon Crowcroft" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Josep Paradells" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header
Revision:	01
Title:		Optimized 6LoWPAN Fragmentation Header for LPWAN
Document date:	2016-03-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		8
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01.txt
Status:        
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header/
Htmlized:      
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-01

Abstract:
   LPWAN technologies are characterized by a very limited data unit and/
   or payload size, often one order of magnitude below the one in IEEE
   802.15.4.  However, many such technologies do not support layer 2
   fragmentation.  The 6LoWPAN fragmentation header defined in RFC 4944
   represents very high overhead for LPWAN technologies, and it even
   does not support transporting IPv6 datagrams that require
   fragmentation over layer 2 technologies of a payload size below 13
   bytes.  This specification defines an optimized 6LoWPAN fragmentation
   header for LPWAN.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat