Subject: [6lo] Fwd: T2TRG hosted side meeting on network coexistence (Mon 17:30-18:00, Waterloo)

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 07:31:13 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Ari Keränen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mar 15, 2018 9:17 AM
Subject: Fwd: T2TRG hosted side meeting on network coexistence (Mon
17:30-18:00, Waterloo)
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <
[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "
[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "L M Feeney" <[email-masked]>, "Carsten Bormann" <
[email-masked]>

Hi Chairs,

The T2TRG hosted side meeting about network coexistence may also be
interesting to your WGs (see below). If appropriate, feel free to forward
to your mailing lists.

Thanks,
Ari

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
> Subject: T2TRG hosted side meeting on network coexistence (Mon
17:30-18:00, Waterloo)
> Date: 15 March 2018 at 15.09.22 EET
> To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: L M Feeney <[email-masked]>
>
> T2TRG is hosting a side meeting on "network coexistence and coordination"
17:30-18:00 on Monday March 19th in the IETF hotel meeting room
"Waterloo".  This discussion may also be of interest to roll, 6lo, 6tisch,
and lpwan WGs.
>
> The wireless environment for IoT/LPWAN/SmartFoo applications will consist
of many *administratively independent* networks operating in the same
location and sharing unlicensed spectrum.
>
> This leads to a couple of discussion points:
>
> 1) Recent results (ours and others) have shown that protocol-level
interactions between networks can significantly affect performance. More
generally, the community does not yet have a good sense of how to do
performance evaluation in dense, heterogeneous wireless environments.
>
> 2) Because there is no administrative relationship between networks,
there is no obvious way for them to explicitly coordinate their use of the
shared channel.  Can higher layer protocols contribute in some way?
>
> For more details, please see: https://tools.ietf.org/html/
draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-01
> Best regards,
> Laura & T2TRG chairs