Subject: [6lo] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10.txt

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:34:51 +0000

Dear all

AP-ND 10 was just published with updates from René on the security processing, new security considerations and some text moved to appendix.
We now have 3 different schemes for the crypto computation, one being an hybrid with Curve25519 and SHA-256 / EDCSA.

Dear chairs: The authors feel that the document is now ready for WGLC.

Comments welcome!

Pascal

Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10.txt
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>, "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>, Rene Struik <[email-masked]>, Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 14:19:34 +0000

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Pascal Thubert and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd
Revision:	10
Title:		Address Protected Neighbor Discovery for Low-power and Lossy Networks
Document date:	2019-02-25
Group:		6lo
Pages:		26
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery
   (ND) defined in RFC6775 and updated in RFC8505.  The new extension is
   called Address Protected Neighbor Discovery (AP-ND) and it protects
   the owner of an address against address theft and impersonation
   attacks in a low-power and lossy network (LLN).  Nodes supporting
   this extension compute a cryptographic identifier (Crypto-ID) and use
   it with one or more of their Registered Addresses.  The Crypto-ID
   identifies the owner of the Registered Address and can be used to
   provide proof of ownership of the Registered Addresses.  Once an
   address is registered with the Crypto-ID and a proof-of-ownership is
   provided, only the owner of that address can modify the registration
   information, thereby enforcing Source Address Validation.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat