Subject: Re: [6lo] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 15:19:17 +0000

Hello Carles, Shwetha, authors, all,

I've read draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01.
It seems clear and well written.
I only have a few comments:

Section 1, Overview:
"Each fragment can be uniquely identified by the source and destination
link-layer addresses of the frame that carries it, and the datagram_tag."
It seems to me that "datagram_offset" should also be mentioned here as
contributing to uniquely identifying a fragment.

Section 2.2
"Assuming the topology from Figure 2, where nodes A, B, C and D all send
packets through node E." Incorrect grammatical construct.

Section 3
"Each VRB table entry can be 12 B (assuming 16-bit link-layer addresses)."
It is not immediately obvious to me why 12. I guess I could try to figure
it out.
But [ARTICLE] says 20. Probably under a different assumption.
Could you provide a detailed count, to spare the reader the exercise?
BTW, in [ARTICLE], it seems to me that some means and remembering which
fragment have already been forwarded are missing. The key sentence is
"After having forwarded the last fragment, node B clears that VRB entry",
but how does node B knows is has forwarded all fragments? The same comment
applies to draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01. But I'm
digressing here.

Section 7, references
Ref [ARTICLE] is dated 2009, I guess you mean 2019. Besides, I could only
find the HAL archive, I suppose this is accepted for publication, but not
published yet.
Oops, just saw that Georgios already uncovered this nit.

		
	
Best regards

Dominique

Le 24/04/19 10:54, « 6lo on behalf of Carles Gomez Montenegro »
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> a écrit :

>Dear 6lo WG,
>
>Authors of draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01 expressed in IETF 104 that
>they believe that the document is ready for WGLC. No comments or
>objections were made in this regard.
>
>Therefore, this email starts a WGLC for
>draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01:
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01
>
>The WGLC will end on Wednesday, 8th of May.
>
>Please provide your feedback on the document on the mailing list, even if
>it is just a short "looks good" statement.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Shwetha and Carles
>
>_______________________________________________
>6lo mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 09:34:39 +0200

Dear 6lo WG,

The WGLC for draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01 is now closed.

During the WGLC, comments and reviews have been provided by Yasuyuki Tanaka,
Georgios Papadopoulos and Dominique Barthel. We would like to thank all
the reviewers for checking the document and kindly making suggestions for
improving it.

@Authors: the feedback received requires updating the document. Please
update the draft based on the comments received.

Thanks,

Shwetha and Carles