Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:10:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Packet Delivery Deadline time in 6LoWPAN Routing Header
        Authors         : Lijo Thomas
                          Satish Anamalamudi
                          S.V.R Anand
                          Malati Hegde
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new type for the 6LoWPAN routing header
   containing the deadline time for data packets, designed for use over
   constrained networks.  The deadline time enables forwarding and
   scheduling decisions for time critical IoT machine to machine (M2M)
   applications that operate within time-synchronized networks that
   agree on the meaning of the time representations used for the
   deadline time values.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 16:20:31 -0700

Hello folks,

A new version of draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time is available.  This 
revision contains resolutions for the comments and questions and 
suggestions that have been received from all reviewers to date. The 
biggest changes have to do with more detailed Security Considerations 
and a considerable re-working of the time-unit arithmetic.  In 
particular, a specific definition is made for t_0, along with much more 
rigorous specification for how to choose DTL based on the time units and 
fractional bits that are needed to represent the deadline time and the 
origination time.

I would like to request some time during the upcoming [roll] WG meeting 
to explain the nature of the revisions and to invite feedback and more 
comments.

Regards,
Charlie P.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05.txt
Date: 	Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:10:09 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of 
Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 08:19:24 +0200

Hello Charlie,

Thanks for your document update.

<snip>

> to explain the nature of the revisions and to invite feedback and more

Just for clarity: did you perhaps mean the 6Lo WG instead of the ROLL WG ?

Cheers,

Carles

> Charlie P.

<snip>

---

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 05:30:36 -0700

Hello Carles,

Yes, I definitely meant 6Lo, not roll.  Oops!

Regards,
Charlie P.