Subject: [6lo] Fwd: Kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router - DHCPv6-PD and ND

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:27:37 +0200

Hi participants to 6lo WG,

One might be interested in this way of doing IoT Router with DHCPv6-PD 
and ND.

Yours,

Alex and Dmytro

-------- Message transféré --------
Sujet : 	Kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router - DHCPv6-PD and ND
Date : 	Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:21:46 +0200
De : 	Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Pour : 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Hi,

The kernel implementation of DANIR for IoT Router was finally working a 
few weeks ago.

It is an implementation of draft-shytyi-v6ops-danir-03.txt.  This is the 
right thing to do, instead of '64share' RFC7278.

In this video one can see the kernel in the IoT Router issues a DHCPv6 
PD request on its egress and obtains a /56; it then makes several /64s 
out of it and subsequently sends RAs with these on the ingress interfaces.

The DHCPv6 server is took off-the-shelf.  The PDP part is not present in 
the IoT Router, but we expect it to work ok on a ptp link on a cellular 
network to a smartphone.

The video recorded the virtual machines output on the IoT Router 
(featured below), the Client device behind it, and the DHCPv6-PD server.

https://youtu.be/DymVQY7bCUM

Yours,

Alexandre PETRESCU and Dmytro SHYTYI

PS: we will soon post the source code on github.