Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 20:42:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 over Constrained Node Networks (6lo) Applicability & Use cases
        Authors         : Yong-Geun Hong
                          Carles Gomez
                          Abdur Rashid Sangi
                          Take Aanstoot
                          Samita Chakrabarti
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-09-10

Abstract:
   This document describes the applicability of IPv6 over constrained
   node networks (6lo) and provides practical deployment examples.  In
   addition to IEEE 802.15.4, various link layer technologies such as
   ITU-T G.9959 (Z-Wave), BLE, DECT-ULE, MS/TP, NFC, and PLC (IEEE
   1901.2) are used as examples.  The document targets an audience who
   like to understand and evaluate running end-to-end IPv6 over the
   constrained node networks connecting devices to each other or to
   other devices on the Internet (e.g. cloud infrastructure).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 13:12:57 +0900

Dears.

We have submitted the updated version of 6lo use cases draft.
The goal of this draft is to help 6lo stack adaptation by a
L2-constrained technology and help a newcomer understand how 6lo
stack can be applicable in practice. In the last meeting, there was a
comment that this draft should be more focused and narrowed down. To solve
this comment, we updated this draft. The following are the updated parts
from the previous version.

- Remove related part with IEEE 802.15.4 and IEEE 802.15.4e
. In previous 06-version draft, section 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, and A.6 are removed
. Update Table 2, Comparing between 6lo link layer technologies
- Rename of the title of section 3 to “6lo Link layer technologies”
- Remove "specified" from the subsection titles in section 3
- Reduce section 5 to only section 5.2 and rename of the title of section 5
to “Guidelines for adopting IPv6 stack (6lo/6LoWPAN)”
- Move original contents of section 5.1 (Design Space Dimensions for 6lo
Deployment) into Appendix
- Move other 6lo use cases examples in Appendix A into Section 6.

It is appreciate to review and comment.

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.

[email-masked] Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM
Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07.txt
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained
Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 over Constrained Node Networks (6lo)
Applicability & Use cases
        Authors         : Yong-Geun Hong
                          Carles Gomez
                          Abdur Rashid Sangi
                          Take Aanstoot
                          Samita Chakrabarti
        Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-07.txt
        Pages           : 23
        Date            : 2019-09-10

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
6lo mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo