Subject: [6lo] Comments on draft-ietf-6lo-use-cases-08

From: "Liubing (Remy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 02:12:29 +0000

Hello Yong-Geun,

I've reviewed the latest version of the draft, and it looks great.

I have some editorial comments for your consideration:

-  Considering the current outline, the chapter 4 seems to be incomplete, because it covers only the PLCs. With the title "6lo Deployment Scenarios", it is expected to cover other low power technologies as well. Another solution could be, moving the current text to PLC related sections, e.g. the section 3.6 or the section 6.6.

-  In the chapter 5, for the bullet "Mesh or L3 routing", it would be better to have an example for mesh routing at L2, e.g. LOADng in G3 plc. 

Thanks again for your great efforts on the draft.

Best regards,
Remy

---

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 17:15:55 +0900

Dear Liubing.

Thanks for your valuable comments.
Your comments will be helpful to improve the draft.
Please, see inline response.

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM Liubing (Remy) <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> -  Considering the current outline, the chapter 4 seems to be incomplete,
> because it covers only the PLCs. With the title "6lo Deployment Scenarios",
> it is expected to cover other low power technologies as well. Another
> solution could be, moving the current text to PLC related sections, e.g.
> the section 3.6 or the section 6.6.
>
[Yong-Geun] Yes, I agree. The main intension of the charter 4 is to
illustrate and list-up practical 6lo deployment scenarios and current
deployment scenarios in the charter 4 is only related to the PLC
technology. In a previous version of this draft, we had a deployment
scenarios of of jupitermesh and Wi-Sun but these are based on IEEE 802.15.4
specification and we had to remove jupitermesh and Wi-Sun to make narrow
down the scope of this draft. I hope other experts bring another 6lo
deployment scenario. If not, your suggestion could be a solution.

>
> -  In the chapter 5, for the bullet "Mesh or L3 routing", it would be
> better to have an example for mesh routing at L2, e.g. LOADng in G3 plc.
>
[Yong-Geun] Thanks, I will update the paragraph with your suggestion.

> _______________________________________________
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo
>