Subject: [6lo] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 11:41:32 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-nfc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my DISCUSS points. Original COMMENT below:

= General =

I agree with Benjamin that the marketing-type language in the document should
be removed.

I wonder about the claims of security based on proximity in this document.
Presumably attacks in which users are induced to tap their device against
another node or terminal which has been compromised by an attacker are becoming
more common as NFC becomes more common; adding IPV6 connectivity to the
terminal stack surely broadens the potential damage done in such a case. This
seems worth noting.

= Section 1 =

OLD
It has been used in devices such as mobile phones, running Android operating
   system, named with a feature called "Android Beam".  In addition, it
   is expected for the other mobile phones, running the other operating
   systems (e.g., iOS, etc.) to be equipped with NFC technology in the
   near future.

NEW
At the time of this writing, it had been used in devices such as mobile phones,
running Android operating
   system, named with a feature called "Android Beam".  It was expected for the
   other mobile phones, running the other operating systems (e.g., iOS, etc.)
   to be equipped with NFC technology in the near future.

= Section 4.5 =

Per the Gen-ART review, the use of the term "meet" is confusing in this
section. Please re-phrase.

---

From: 최영환 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 07:49:38 +0900 (KST)

Thank you so much, Alissa Cooper.

BRs,
Younghwan Choi

-----------------------------------------------
YOUNGHWAN CHOI, Ph.D.
Senior Researcher, PEC, ETRI
Tel +82-42-860-1429   Fax +82-42-860-5404 
Email  [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From:  "Alissa Cooper via Datatracker" <[email-masked]>
To:     "The IESG" <[email-masked]>; 
Cc:      <[email-masked]>;   <[email-masked]>;   <[email-masked]>;  "Samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>;  "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>;   <[email-masked]>; 
Sent:  2020-11-26 (목) 04:41:35 (UTC+09:00)
Subject: Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-6lo-nfc-17: (with COMMENT)

= General =

= Section 1 =

OLD

NEW

= Section 4.5 =