Subject: [6lo] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC8505 (5557)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 14:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC8505, "Registration Extensions for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5557

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Devin Edmison <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-11-20
Held by: Erik Kline (IESG)

Section: Abstract

Original Text
-------------
This specification updates RFC 6775 -- the Low-Power Wireless
   Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery specification --
   to clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique and
   simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, as well as to
   provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
   detection for different network topologies, including the Routing
   Registrars performing routing for host routes and/or proxy Neighbor
   Discovery in a low-power network.

Corrected Text
--------------
This specification updates RFC 6775 -- the Low-Power Wireless
   Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery specification --
   to clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique,
   to simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, and to
   provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
   detection for different network topologies, including the Routing
   Registrars performing routing for host routes and/or proxy Neighbor
   Discovery in a low-power network.

Notes
-----
Change wording to flow in a smooth way.

-----

>From https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/processing-rfc-errata/

"Changes which are simply stylistic issues or simply make things read better should be Hold for Document Update. "

--------------------------------------
RFC8505 (draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Registration Extensions for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Neighbor Discovery
Publication Date    : November 2018
Author(s)           : P. Thubert, Ed., E. Nordmark, S. Chakrabarti, C. Perkins
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG